• former CM

Why is Mickey Check only on kids' menus?

Regarding: the new check inside of a Mickey icon on menus to indicate healthy entrees.

Outside of the Micechat/Miceage universe I came across these three sentences:

"Unfortunately, though, the Mickey Check is not available on adult meals. It would be nice to have an easy way to check which meals are healthier without having to analyze each ingredient in the meal. Perhaps that's something that Disney can add in the near future. Please?"

This is an excellent suggestion! Do they not list healthy items because they are so embarrassingly few?
    I saw the menu for the newly (re?) opened fast food restaurant at the Grand Floridian
    and saw that there was only one Mickey Check on the menu (for a kids' grilled chicken sandwich)
    and I assumed that every other entree was unhealthy. (Maybe they were!)

Mr. Staggs, you're an organic kind of fellow. Please highlight the healthier adult items.

Re: Why is Mickey Check only on kids' menus?

Given the way Disney Food Service works, it should be fairly trivial for them to enumerate both the calorie and macronutrient content of every single item they sell. It ain't like there's a whole lot of variation.

Put it on the internet, and you're done.

• Minion

lol because essentially there are little to no healthier items. if disney began to highlight healthy adult items it would become more obvious to the public that there are so few healthy options available and in turn it would put more pressure on disney to overhaul menus to add more health conscious items that cost more to produce and have a smaller profit margin, something they aren't interested in doing. I mean I'm not complaining, i don't go to disney world to have healthy meals lol, but its just a fact.

• Under that tree again!

I wonder if mandatory placement of calories on menus will make its way to Disney Parks. I suspect Disneyland Resort well before Florida.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol because essentially there are little to no healthier items. if disney began to highlight healthy adult items it would become more obvious to the public that there are so few healthy options available. . .
    It's interesting to me that the one in charge of Disney's parks, Thomas Staggs,
    is reportedly unusually careful about what he eats,
    but does not seem to imagine that his "guests" care what they eat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    It's interesting to me that the one in charge of Disney's parks, Thomas Staggs,
    is reportedly unusually careful about what he eats,
    but does not seem to imagine that his "guests" care what they eat.
    Unfortunately he has a point. the vast majority of americans don't care what they eat, particularily on vacation. regardless of the growing trend of fitness that is a very promising move for my neighbors to the south the trend of obesity is growing at a faster rate unfortunately. Why do you think they scrapped the health and wellness suites at the contemporary? You would never see in Canada some of the stuff they get away with in the states.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

What's really funny is that the BMI calculator that we use is based on some really old measurements and it needs to be slightly updated, but realistically sometimes I wonder in 20 years what America will look like...

at the rate we're going 90% of the country will be obese...and not healthy in most ways, you may see an increase in electric scooter parking instead of increased stroller parking...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

There's a reason I've gone from developing software for banks to developing software used for managing eating disorders.