• Future Imagineer

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas to Debute in Spring

From the Disney Parks Blog:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...k-this-spring/

From the article:

Pirates, ahoy!

We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.
    Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this new experience. In the meantime, if ye be excited to embark on this new pirate adventure, say “Aye!” in the “Comments” section below!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas to Debute in Spring

YAY... I guess.... Meanwhile at Universal Orlando... Springfield, Transformers, and more... this summer.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

while this is a great upgrade over the jungle cruise mini-boat area that used to exist;

1) second what Eric said, where are the great, big additions to counter what universal is doing and

2) umm so is adventureland now just pirates land? it used to have elements of the jungle, polynesian, Caribbean, and the middle east, now their just pushing out pirates more and more in recent years. they cant live on the success of that franchise for forever.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    while this is a great upgrade over the jungle cruise mini-boat area that used to exist;

2) umm so is adventureland now just pirates land? it used to have elements of the jungle, polynesian, Caribbean, and the middle east, now their just pushing out pirates more and more in recent years. they cant live on the success of that franchise for forever.
    GREAT Point actually. So if it is "Pirate Land" can we get Aladdins Magic Carpet removed please! Because now there are 3 Spinners at MK.. Unless they are going build a dueling Carpets, like the dueling dumbos.

• Closed Account

Fantasyland is "PrincessLand", so, for MK at least, "PiratesLand" fits right in. I mean this IS a management and Imagineering team that wanted to close the Treehouse to put in the wreck of The Black Pearl.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    GREAT Point actually. So if it is "Pirate Land" can we get Aladdins Magic Carpet removed please! Because now there are 3 Spinners at MK.. Unless they are going build a dueling Carpets, like the dueling dumbos.
    regardless of that they should take out the flying carpets. it was a bad idea in the first place with dumbo and astro orbiter already existing and a half-a**ed attempt to incorporate Aladdin into the parks. they should tear it down so people can actually walk through Adventureland again and instead have a little open air amphitheater hosting a telling of Aladdin's story in place of the sunshine tree terrace which has been rotting or meet and greeting for the past couple decades. that way they could bring back the arabian market that used to be there and incorporate the mini-theater into that design and people can still actually walk places. boom, we have a unique experience, a character/movie tie in for synergy, increased retail space, and happier guests that can move faster through a previously cluttered area to spend more money other places. seems like a win-win to me...

I have to tell you the thought of another "game" in the parks makes me yawn. With Sorcerers of the MK, that was kind of interesting - seems to attract a lot of attention from people on the periphery wondering what all the commotion is about. And I do like that lessor characters are used from Disney lore.

That being said, we have a new game coming at DAK (to bore the park more I suspect) and I think something recent at Epcot or about to debut - enough already. Just like with "Who Wants to be A Millionaire" Disney drives things into the ground (remember when they showed this 5 times a week it seemed).

Anyway, Imagineering - less "interactive experiences" and more rides please...the good kind. Is that so much to ask??????

• Mouseketeer

Is anyone else getting sick of concept art that is showing more and more of people having fun and less and less of the actual concept these people are supposedly enjoying? Whoever is getting pitched these ideas needs a more critical eye for content.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

My first thought was: another game? My second thought was: Is that cannon shooting at the Swiss Family Treehouse? That's on the complete opposite side of the land from Caribbean Plaza. This doesn't make any sense.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am trying to figure out physically where this is located. The concept art seems to omit the location of the Jungle Cruise.

is this going to be a narrow path, or what... honestly the concept art raises more questions than it answers.

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    My first thought was: another game? My second thought was: Is that cannon shooting at the Swiss Family Treehouse? That's on the complete opposite side of the land from Caribbean Plaza. This doesn't make any sense.
    Umm wasn't there Pirates in Swiss Family Robinson?
    Little and broken, but still good.