Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Limited time NOTHING week.. January 25th - 31st

The week of January 25th to the 31st the Walt Disney World REsort will be offering NOTHING for Limited Time Magic!

Hurry up one and all and get NOTHING!

Limited Time Magic | Disney Parks

The official description of Nothing:

Calling all Disney art enthusiast! Now you can help the Disney Design Group choose a special design that will be featured on selected limited edition Disney merchandise, which will be available for purchase as part of the 2013 Disney Parks Dated Art Program. Choose from 3 unique creation and the vote for your favorite!
    I will NOT be renewing my AP at this moment in time. This is insulting.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Marching along

Re: Limited time NOTHING week.. January 25th - 31st

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    The week of January 25th to the 31st the Walt Disney World REsort will be offering NOTHING for Limited Time Magic!

I will NOT be renewing my AP at this moment in time. This is insulting.
    Right there with you Eric. TDO's epic and ongoing disconnect with the local fan base (READ: FORMER CORE CUSTOMER) is mind-boggling beyond comprehension.

• Inappropriate

Ladies and gentlemen....TDO!!

(Hold for applause)

*Crickets* *Crickets* *Crickets*

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

This event is for DLR too. It's not very interesting but limited in appeal certainly.

If it's happening at both parks, it isn't TDO, it's higher in the chain. They can't please everyone. Even though you're not pleased with it, there are guests that will love this. What is nothing to you, is great to other people.

I don't see why you have to get worked up over something that will be gone next week. Relax... not everyone likes tea and cookies.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• All-American

Worst of all, has everyone seen the logo designs open to be voted on? 2 of the 3 logos are truly, unspeakably awful, like a middle schooler discovering Illustrator for the first time... and the third one isn't great.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Worst of all, has everyone seen the logo designs open to be voted on? 2 of the 3 logos are truly, unspeakably awful, like a middle schooler discovering Illustrator for the first time... and the third one isn't great.
    Come now. It's perfect for One Disney tee shirts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    If it's happening at both parks, it isn't TDO, it's higher in the chain. They can't please everyone. Even though you're not pleased with it, there are guests that will love this. What is nothing to you, is great to other people.

I don't see why you have to get worked up over something that will be gone next week. Relax... not everyone likes tea and cookies.
    The issue is that they should be offering more then they are, like an actual unique experience that draws locals to the parks. an opportunity to buy something that is essentially just a marketing questionnaire that you get to pay for is a major disappointment of the theory. I can totally understand why AP holders and local visitors like King Eric would be mad as Disney should give them some special experiences to keep them coming back every now and then. It doesn't have to be huge or big budget, just something that says 'hey, thanks for giving us so much money, heres a bone' you know?

• Shubisha

The issue is just as much with TDO. Yes corporate stuck them with this stupid campaign. Oh well. Come up with things to do. They've run out after 3 weeks.... Need ideas? Disneyland brought back Golden Horseshoe.. sure you could do Diamond Horseshoe, but you could bring back any show really. Do Cinderella's Surprise Celebration for a week.. run Tiana's Showboat Jubilee again for a week. Why not? Oh, you'd have to pay to rehearse a big cast and run something that only lasts a week. Oh well? Tell corporate to stop doing these dumb campaigns. But for now either live with it or stop pretending like you are by passing off something like this online poll as a week's special activity.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

yeah even i thought that was underhanded, rude and pathetic. I arrive in early march and I'm glad that the week I arrive is not that week. I can only assume that when you arrive at the theme parks they will have maybe some photos set up and a voting booth somewhere near the park entrances so people feel like they have a voice in the voting.

Other than that... this promo sucks. The "snow" thing in Epcot Canda pavilion was dull.

the only great thing was the long lost characters meet and greets.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Closed Account

As a head's up, I was in the Magic Kingdom today and it appears the limited time magic for this week is the same as last week (photo meet & greets with Pinnochio characters, Robin Hood characters, the 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf and Duck Tails characters). That's what it was today, and that's what's printed on the week's schedule.

• Shubisha

You might want to double check that they're still there, they might not be.. For whatever reason it seems like the offerings are starting on Monday and running through Sunday, at least Epcot's Canada LTM did that. (CA usually like running stuff through weekends because of the local crowds, but FL is on business schedule and so things debuting often get the Monday treatment, even if the majority of cast members don't get to enjoy concepts like regular weekends)

• Diamond In The Rough

Eh, I'm not bothered that there's nothing this week.
    I'm trying to remember if Disney ever came out and said "52 weeks of magic" or words to that effect.
    Nobody is planning their WDW vacation around these "events" - except perhaps for the ones that they announced right back when it launched - so I'm just viewing them as a bonus.
    I'm not paying extra for them and they aren't cheating me out of something they promised, so I don't see it as a big deal.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    I'm not paying extra for them and they aren't cheating me out of something they promised, so I don't see it as a big deal.
    Actually you were paying for them.. but they were cut due to cost cutting, now you are getting less for what you paid.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Metro-Retro Historian

I don't know what's worse, that they are pretending an online marketing poll is MAGIC! or that all three of these "dated designs" whatever that means, are awful.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast