Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Shubisha

Re: The Nets of Life... err Nets around the Tree of Life

And let's not pretend this only happens with WDW. *cough alice in wonderland scaffolding*

However, do we have any statements being made? Is a more permanent solution "in the works" or has Disney just not said anything yet. Even though it took years at least Disneyland said "no this isn't permanent but.. it's here for a while." Chances are this netting will be the permanent solution but they'll extend it to the rest of the routes.

• Doombuggy Rider

I certainly hope this isn't Team Disney Orlando's idea of a permanent solution (because this is cheap p i s s poor on a level I would expect from a Six Flags Theme Park) ... I think it would be in the Walt Disney Co's best interest to acknowledge the problem, then announce plans to take care of the Tree Of Life properly (tell park guests it's going to be down for maintenance for 4 months, please & fix it properly) ... With Vice President, Disney's Animal Kingdom - Michael Colglazier - arriving @ Disneyland, I think someone should show him these images and remind him that "we don't want this happening at Disneyland, or DCA ever!" ...

KingEric is correct, we pay premium admission for a premium experience (not to walk around half a r s e attempts @ maintenance) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• -

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    No they wouldn't. The nets are attached to the wood using a nail gun. If a large piece of concrete did fall it would hurt or kill you, however Disney would not be "negligent" in a lawsuit.
    The nets and nails come from Krypton. Under the light of our yellow sun, no earth made piece of concrete is getting through. Everyone is perfectly safe.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Hello Dolly.

I'm only bothered by this just because in my heart I think it's never going to be fixed. At least anytime soon, but with Avatar coming one can hope they'd want everything in the park to be in the best possible shape including the centerpiece.

Yes WDW isn't the only one to have this problem, but I feel like
    (for example) I know DL's Alice in Wonderland is going to be addressed pretty soon compared to the Tree of Life where my hope is pretty minimal.

Otherwise, I agree with those who think the nets look pretty cool. I actually like this quick-fix but the thing with them is that they aren't supposed to be there forever.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Well, Ill bet you half the problem is Budgets - WDW has a Maintenance budget for the tree, but that's almost embarassingly low - it's probably to cover painting the railings and stuff that gets a lot of wear, and that's about it.

For any major repair work and complicated rehabs they can't just "start now and budget it in later" - it has to get slotted into the next fiscal year's Rehabs Budget. And they might have to bump something else back or delay a new ride or attraction project to free up the money.

They really should run like a good Condominium, and have a budgeted "Reserve Fund" where they set aside the maintenance money for special projects like this, because it's better to jump on it during the 'off season' while things are slow.

And for the same reason - You know you're going to need a new roof on the building every 20 years or so. And you can't go hitting up people with your hands out with a Special Assessment for a roof this year, then you come back again because you need a new water main next year...

It's far better to figure out what you'll need and roughly when, then you stash the money away from the Turnstiles a little at a time, at a nice steady rate, and it earns interest in the bank. And when that expected something unusual happens, you are already ready.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well again this shouldn't be the guests concerns. This should not be a discussion no a fan site. The leaders at this business should have enough sense to mange their property correctly.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Any company that has a set budget for maintenence is doomed to fail in the long term. You anticipate maintenance costs, but you can not limit them without destroying your product. It's basic business 101.
    -Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123