Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Fireworks Dessert Part at the Magic Kingdom Question

My new wife and I are heading to WDW for our honeymoon. We're very interested
    in the Fireworks Dessert Part at the Magic Kingdom sometime between May 13-17,
    2013. I thought that booking was 90-days out, I did call Disney Dining to
    confirm. The person that helped me at Disney Dining said that they book 180-days
    or 190-days if your staying on property and that they where all booked up. So
    looked on the forum to confirm where I might of seen the 90-days. People are
    saying 90-days sometimes 60-days, I'm good with 90 and 60, I can still make
    it.

Did Disney change the booking time frame or did I get someone that may have
    been new?

Also what time is the best time of day to call (we're in California and I
    want to be on the ball)? We missed it last time we were in the parks and this is
    the last chance for us for a loooong time.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Fireworks Dessert Part at the Magic Kingdom Question

I don't know how old the information you are looking at is.

It's now like all WDW Dining available to reserve 180 days out.

Call at 5am PST if you want to call early, but since it sounds like you are hoping someone cancelled to get their spot wait until 11am and hopefully somone out east cancelled at their lunch break.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Okay thank you, I'll be hoping for a cancellation.

Do you think I could use the online Disney Dining to look for a canellation or should I call each time?
    Last edited by Mutiny; 01-28-2013 at 01:46 PM.

• Minion

ORDDU: Be aware of something very important about the Fireworks Dessert party at the Magic Kingdom, Mutiny, dear. My sisters and I did this, once, only to be very disappointed with it. There is a roof over-hang that blocks out the view of the fireworks for some guests, depending on where they are sitting or standing at the time. The really good views are along the railings up front and if you're unfortunate enough to not know this your view of the fireworks will be partially blocked--if not mostly blocked. This entire event is a rip off for the unsuspecting. Disney sells more tickets for this event than they can accomodate. Only a certain number of guests benefit from viewing the fireworks at this location. You just might be better off saving your money by viewing the fireworks in a better location--without also paying for over-priced desserts that aren't all that great.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

That is good to know, thank you Witches of Morva

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    Do you think I could use the online Disney Dining to look for a canellation or should I call each time?
    If it something you can reserve online, I don't know never tried, than check online too. The reason is when you look online, you are pretty much seeing the same data a phone reservation agent is. So it doesn't hurt to do it yourself.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Just for the heck of it I called again to see if Disney Dining is booking for
    May yet. The response after a bit of looking was that they are only booking a
    month out right now. I should continue to check back because with this type of
    event there really is now set booking time frame.

Anyway I guess I'll just keep checking for a cancellation or a reservation
    either way. I know people say that it's really not that big of a deal but my
    wife really wants to check it out. Thank you for everyone's help

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    Just for the heck of it I called again to see if Disney Dining is booking for
    May yet. The response after a bit of looking was that they are only booking a
    month out right now. I should continue to check back because with this type of
    event there really is now set booking time frame.
    Hmm that sounds strange that they are only booking a month, I verified in the WDw that it should be bookable 180 days out.

Are you sure you are calling the WDW dining line that starts with area code 407? Not DLR dining at 714? Just asking because at DLR is a similiar package for F! that can only be booked 30 days out.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Hmm that sounds strange that they are only booking a month, I verified in the WDw that it should be bookable 180 days out.

Are you sure you are calling the WDW dining line that starts with area code 407? Not DLR dining at 714? Just asking because at DLR is a similiar package for F! that can only be booked 30 days out.
    Yeah, 407 area code. They confirm tomorrowland terrace fireworks dessert party.

Having been to the dessert soiree 3 times, and while some of what Witches is saying has some validity, the overall experience is worth it. Yes, the best views are from the rail, and most guests will go up to the rail and stand and watch the fireworks. So, if you are expecting to see everything from your table, which might be "near the back", you will miss out on some of the pyrotechnics. HOWEVER, the most enjoyable aspect of the party is the rest and relaxation one is buying, The desserts are fine, not world class, but better than most sweets available at the MK. The beverages are good. Again, what's lovely is the ability to get off one's feet, get away from the crowds, and fill you belly. Not cheap, but worth it, if you can afford to push the boat out a bit.

I believe I can help everyone. I went through the same issue last year with booking this. This even is a special even which is not in the 180 day frame of making a reservation. When I called Disney they informed me that it only books 30 days or so in advance. You'll have to start checking starting in April to book it. I wish they would have just listed this online instead of making me think that it was all booked up.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    I believe I can help everyone. I went through the same issue last year with booking this. This even is a special even which is not in the 180 day frame of making a reservation. When I called Disney they informed me that it only books 30 days or so in advance. You'll have to start checking starting in April to book it. I wish they would have just listed this online instead of making me think that it was all booked up.
    very cool, thank you for the info

• Under that tree again!

Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
    You should call and direct them to this adress.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...dessert-party/

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

So here is an update:

None of the Disney Dining cast members could quite tell me when they would
    be booking for the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party. So for the past month
    I called Florida every day till they opened booking for May 13th 2013 and I
    also on occasion checked the online reservations. Yes I have spent a lot of time
    on this, after all it’s out honeymoon.

Last Thursday was the final time I called Disney Dining. Wednesday not
    booking yet, Thursday fully booked. Yup I managed to some how miss out, I even
    called right back to get a different cast member just because I couldn’t believe
    my ears. This cast member told me that they book 45-days out and that we were
    well within that. So guess there was a good amount of time that they were
    booking and I was being told that is wasn’t open yet?

Oh well I guess I’ll be calling again looking for cancelations.
    Last edited by Mutiny; 04-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.

• Nerd.

I wish I saw this thread before today. The reservations for the month of May opened on Monday, April 1 around noon. I was on a "watch thread" on another dis-ney related form, and that's how I found out that reservations had finally opened. Keep calling and checking. There could be cancellations. I would also try the night before as people might cancel to avoid the credit card fee for cancelling and that might free up space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast