View Poll Results: Which describes you best?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think the WDW bus system is good, and I use mass transit nearly every day.

6 22.22%
  • I think the WDW bus system is bad, and I use mass transit nearly every day.

0 0%
  • I think the WDW bus system is good, and I use mass transit once in a while.

5 18.52%
  • I think the WDW bus system is bad, and I use mass transit once in a while

4 14.81%
  • I think the WDW bus system is good, and I use mass transit rarely or never.

10 37.04%
  • I think the WDW bus system is bad, and I use mass transit rarely or never.

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Poll about WDW bus system

They certainly don't sound or smell like hybrids, I think they are your run of the mill glow plug diesel burning engines. Ive got a look with the rear hatch flipped open, didnt see anything to special in there. Not my city in Germany, but the one next to it has city buses that are fully electric. ..I would hope to think Disney is cutting edge...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    They certainly don't sound or smell like hybrids, I think they are your run of the mill glow plug diesel burning engines. Ive got a look with the rear hatch flipped open, didnt see anything to special in there. Not my city in Germany, but the one next to it has city buses that are fully electric. ..I would hope to think Disney is cutting edge...
    Disney is a private owner of a giant fleet. It has multiple models of buses, some old some new.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Disney is a private owner of a giant fleet. It has multiple models of buses, some old some new.
    A private fleet of hybrids, is it a flex fuel, or diesels with electric engines? If so thats cool. I like to see bigger companys cut down on emissions and what not.

Just for the records... I race a open exhaust (no cats) motorcycle.. I like to be "green" but im not "one of those dang tree huggers" either.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    A private fleet of hybrids, is it a flex fuel, or diesels with electric engines? If so thats cool. I like to see bigger companys cut down on emissions and what not.
    I believe the newer ones run on natural gas. I don't think they have tried diesel electic hybrids. As you may be aware the USA has an excess of naturual gas and is a huge exporter of it. It's cheap and becoming very common for powering fleets here.

Because the fleet is huge it takes time to retire and replace a group of same model buses with a group of new model buses. They don't get a couple of this and a couple of that, probably because it's too difficult to service a huge variety of models versus a few models.

The other problem is buses can last a very long time and I believe the older buses in WDW fleet are around 20-30 years old. So by the time they replace the next model group who knows we could have hovercraft buses?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I believe the newer ones run on natural gas. I don't think they have tried diesel electic hybrids. As you may be aware the USA has an excess of naturual gas and is a huge exporter of it. It's cheap and becoming very common for powering fleets here.

Because the fleet is huge it takes time to retire and replace a group of same model buses with a group of new model buses. They don't get a couple of this and a couple of that, probably because it's too difficult to service a huge variety of models versus a few models.

The other problem is buses can last a very long time and I believe the older buses in WDW fleet are around 20-30 years old. So by the time they replace the next model group who knows we could have hovercraft buses?
    Thanks clearing that stuff up for me! And hovercraft buses.. that sounds awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12