• Minion

What would you like to see in an Animal Kingdom expansion?

Animal Kingdom is my favorite WDW park...but i can't deny that it's lacking in attractions and rides.After Pandora comes, what would you like to see, or what ideas do you have for animal kingdom?

These ideas are pureley for fun. Looking into actual space availability, probability, and things of that nature are not necissary (unless you want to of course).

some of my ideas...
    Non-film related
    -AA's on Kali River Rapids
    -A sub area themed to Shang-Ri La somewhere near EE, or at least have the EE mountain visible from the area which shouldn't be a problem.
    -areas representing Australia, South America, and North America
    -an ocean related area (maybe indoors)
    -removal of all carnival related decor in Dinoland
    -Plestocene animals to be included in Dinoland
    -A cave/nocturnal animals related attraction
    -a small show featuring a baby Chinese dragon (to add to the fantasy part i guess)

Film related
    -A Paradise Falls attraction (maybe a sub land in a South America land)
    -Lion King attraction
    -a jungle book attraction
    -a bambi attraction

• Closed Account

Re: What would you like to see in an Animal Kingdom expansion?

1. A Fantasy-land type land with 4 or 5 C-ticket darkrides themed to "animal" films (Mr Toad, Lion King, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Princess and the Frog, Monstro/Pinnochio, etc).

2. We're never going to get a "Beastly Kingdom" land ... so, instead, start dotting the park with appropriate Mythical-creature based thrill ride E-tickets (like Everest) - like a Sphinx attraction in Africa. Dragons, krakens, unicorns, Loch Ness monster, Pegasus, centaurs ... Disney has Imagineers, let them come up with something.

Generally speaking, the park needs rides. It's like a 1/4 day park.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

There is a lot of space in the NE portion of the park. Why not use all of the space for something.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    1. A Fantasy-land type land with 4 or 5 C-ticket darkrides themed to "animal" films (Mr Toad, Lion King, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Princess and the Frog, Monstro/Pinnochio, etc).

2. We're never going to get a "Beastly Kingdom" land ... so, instead, start dotting the park with appropriate Mythical-creature based thrill ride E-tickets (like Everest) - like a Sphinx attraction in Africa. Dragons, krakens, unicorns, Loch Ness monster, Pegasus, centaurs ... Disney has Imagineers, let them come up with something.

I like these ideas. However, I don't think the rides need to be thrill rides, necessarily. I'd like to see animatronic rides, on par with POTC and HM.

Also, I want to hold onto at least a glimmer of hope that we could see Beastly Kingdom someday.

• Inappropriate

I would absolutely love Australia, and I'm surprised I'm the first one to say it, since so many feel the same way. Australia is that land full of weird animals that would fit in so well with Animal Kingdom. And there's plenty of room for it. I want platypi! And wombats! And dingoes! and maybe a Rescuers Down Under dark ride. You know. For the kids.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• former CM

An expended Yeti repair facility.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post

I think if you actually experience everything the park has to offer its much much more then a 1/4 day as you suggest. however i agree there should be more attractions added, it is currently very show and trail heavy. a few more rides would be nice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    I would absolutely love Australia, and I'm surprised I'm the first one to say it, since so many feel the same way. Australia is that land full of weird animals that would fit in so well with Animal Kingdom. And there's plenty of room for it. I want platypi! And wombats! And dingoes! and maybe a Rescuers Down Under dark ride. You know. For the kids.
    whoahwoahwoah first one to say it is right here my friend, ive been calling for this desperately since before avatar haha.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I win this argument... I've been asking for Australia since 1996 when I first saw the park model... Kangaroos, but no Australia? Why?!
    -Bill

• Mr Test Track

Here are my ideas:
    -Redo the Chester and Hester area in Dino-Land so it's like the prehistoric land, keep Dinosaur and move the Bone Yard over there and make it the Dino Institute area
    -Between Africa and Asia put Australia with an Outback ride in a Jeep, have some sort of show and a walking trail
    -Between Africa and Avatar Land put in South America where there would be a Nile River ride where it would have real animals, it would have a show, a Amazon forest walk, and a roller coaster
    That is all I have to say and bye.

• Insomniac

The park needs:
    -Dark rides.
    -One or two more E-ticket thrill rides.
    -Animatronics heavy attractions.
    -Transportation rides.
    -More animals.

Dark rides are soarly missed in both DHS and AK. Since full fledged Beastly Kingdom is probably not going to happen, why not make a minor Fantasyland style area. Maybe a storybookland style leprechaun ride, a dragon spinner, a unicorn dark ride, and a lock ness monster boat ride.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    whoahwoahwoah first one to say it is right here my friend, ive been calling for this desperately since before avatar haha.
    I meant in this thread, since we've all been calling for it for years. And since you brought it up, notice no one here has said they want an Avatarland expansion? Funny how that works. And I agree with the OP, an ocean area would be awesome, but hard to pull off with The Seas at Epcot.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    I meant in this thread, since we've all been calling for it for years. And since you brought it up, notice no one here has said they want an Avatarland expansion? Funny how that works. And I agree with the OP, an ocean area would be awesome, but hard to pull off with The Seas at Epcot.
    lol yes exactly, I wonder why that is..... regarding the oceans though yeah i dont think its the best idea. theyre already competing with themselves (living seas) and then seaworld right down the street with that concept. plus the whole aqua life thing is way way more expensive then a standard zoo exhibit they could create.

• Metro-Retro Historian

After Pandora comes to Animal kingdom I will anxiously await its replacement.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.