Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Last time an attraction was update at WDW .... it's a stale world after all!

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    It really amazes me how much people are still willing to defend WDW's mediocrity.
    Well that is just a proven opinion. People defend what they love while other people view the things they love with an overbearing critical eye.

And to add to this thread, I can't believe that there are not ride videos where the camera man/woman zooms in and focuses on what's wrong with the ride and rants while on the ride how things should be done versus how Disney is doing it. Wait a minute... they should do a walkthrough where they verbally rip apart and point out how horrible WDW theme parks are. I'm sure people standing next to them will just LOVE being apart of those videos. Why keep it on forums here, bring it to YouTube! LOL.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Last time an attraction was update at WDW .... it's a stale world after all!

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    However, I felt that when story was removed (as an overall metric) or when effects were removed or disabled, it was safe to put it in the red.
    Eric, I have no problem with your RED categorization. I don't agree with most of your opinions here, but they're your opinions and you're welcome to them. What I do object to is the idea that KS is now a shadow of its former self because a few AA figures have been removed - figures that weren't that large a part of the story in the first place. It's this same type of logic that has some folks saying that EE is now a HORRIBLE roller coaster, just because an AA figure that we saw for about 3 seconds at high speed isn't working. Do I want it fixed? Of course. Is the ride crap because of one AA figure not working? Of course not.

• Bearing with the bears

Eric, I'm sorry but you really missed the mark, it's just more hate for the Mouse and we've already got plenty of that; you don't point out any new information and the scale of what puts an attraction in the red zone is subjective. I'd go through the points but people have already done that and there's no point in repeating what others have said. Although I do have this to say: the poacher story was the most forced thing I've ever seen at a Disney park, it was awkward and out of place. It felt like someone just wrote it in at the last minute to add "suspense" and thing is, I didn't even realize there was a side plot when I first rode it, I was too busy enjoy the replicated savanna.
    Last edited by BandM; 02-06-2013 at 03:53 PM.

• Inappropriate

Meet and greets are not attractions to anyone outside of TWDC's marketing department.
    You've never met a little girl, have you. It's not our cup of tea. I personally despise meet and greets with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns, but the kids do like them. I'll let the kids have their fun. But taking out a great dark ride was obscene, since they still could've had a dark ride AND the M&G had they just planned a little room for it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• DL Vistor Since 1968

I agree. Taking out Snow White's Scary Adventures was a HUGE mistake. They had the land available to create a meet-and-greet AND save a much-needed, classic, dark ride.

Meet and greets are not attractions to anyone outside of TWDC's marketing department.
    Plenty of people consider character meet and greets an attraction, and not just little girls.

I do agree that WDW needs to invest more in their parks. Look how many new resorts they have built in the last 10-20 years! That is obviously where their focus has been, since the hotel business is much more profitable for them. That's all fine, but a giant company like Disney can certainly afford to invest some more in the parks.

But I am also a pragmatist, so I understand that Disney is a business that needs to make money, and they are beholden to investors that expect their money to be spent in areas that will return the most profit.

I live in the Midwest, so I only get to go to the parks once every year or two. So even though (thanks to these boards) I am well aware of the shortcomings, I still get the old Disney magic feeling every time I go there. For those who go to the parks all the time and are sour about all the "downgrades" -- maybe it is time to voice your displeasure by not renewing your AP. Take a year or two off, then come back and see what improvements have been made. See if the old flaws still bother you as much after a break. Venting on these boards is fine, but the best way to really make your voice heard is to stop giving Disney your money, and perhaps on your final visit, stop by City Hall and lodge a complaint letting them know why you won't be returning.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ok I apologize for the more than zealous format I started this thread with. I will again apologize. I heart you all! And I do love Disney World... no matter what people think! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12