Dining Plan question

I know with the deluxe dining plan you get 3 table service and 2 snacks per day (the table service can also be used as window if needed) anyways do you still get the desert with the plan? what about an appitizer is that included? or is it just the desert thats the extra?

Re: Dining Plan question

appetizers and drinks are extra.

if you were to choose the regualar dining plan how does that work on character dining?

For table service, you get an appetizer, Entree, a non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert. For a Quick Service, you get an Entree, non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert. I believe that Character Dining would take one credit.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Under that tree again!

The delux plan includes and app and desset, but not at breakfasts.

Quote Originally Posted by clowndiscus View Post
    if you were to choose the regualar dining plan how does that work on character dining?
    Disneytwins is correct. Character Meals do count as table service and they tend to be buffets which also count as Table Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    For table service, you get an appetizer, Entree, a non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert. For a Quick Service, you get an Entree, non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert. I believe that Character Dining would take one credit.
    I just want to add:
    Quick Service=Counter Service, and the entree often includes sides, such as a side salad with a pizza slice, or fries with a burger.

Snacks are noted on the menus with little purple pink mickeys, not everything at carts of stands is included. Snacks include fresh fruit, ice cream bars, soda pops, and popcorn plus many other items.

As far as credits, it's fairly simple in most cases. 1 TS credit for one TS meal, 1QS credit for one QS meal, 1 snack for 1 snack. Some TS locations are called Signature Dining, like the Calfornia Grill also Cinderella's Royal Table(Character Meal) and the dinner shows like Hoop Dee Doo Revue, use 2 TS credits.

Also when budgeting all all TS locations you should tip. At Character Meals and dinner shows the tip is included so anything extra is purely at your discretion.

I've used the dining plan a number of times and came to this conclusion. I don't need 3 table service meals a day. I need more flexibility and quicker meals, not tons of reservation and tons of time sitting in restaurants.

To get value out of the dining plans, here are some tips. Dinner is more expensive than lunch and breakfast, you paid the same for each credit use them on the expensive meals. On the menu likewise order the expensive items. Use all of the credits. If you don't you won't save and only wasted money.