Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• former CM

Re: Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

Re.: Dick Tracy
    Machine guns would be inappropriate.
    It could look amazing. Indoors, nighttime setting, trackless!
    Imagineering with little regard for the old Warren Beatty movie.
    Make the attraction as excellent as imaginable, then let Disney studios base a movie on that.

But I still prefer a Cars ride like RSS,
    but with a longer track, same cool vehicles,
    set in a jungle. Totally different adventure.

Soarin' Over California in Orlando made me less eager to visit WDW,
    but Soarin' Over America in 3D (the other 49 states)
    would have tempted me if we didn't get that in Anaheim.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Re.: Dick Tracy
    Machine guns would be inappropriate.
    It could look amazing. Indoors, nighttime setting, trackless!
    Imagineering with little regard for the old Warren Beatty movie.
    Make the attraction as excellent as imaginable, then let Disney studios base a movie on that.

But I still prefer a Cars ride like RSS,
    but with a longer track, same cool vehicles,
    set in a jungle. Totally different adventure.

Soarin' Over California in Orlando made me less eager to visit WDW,
    but Soarin' Over America in 3D (the other 49 states)
    would have tempted me if we didn't get that in Anaheim.
    Its a tough call and although i like your concept i think its unavoidable that we will get a RSR clone at WDW, especially with pixar place as unfinished as it is and DHS needing something fresh and new. i think the key though is that the entire cars land is not simply brought over as that would be disastrous. at least if they only bring over the clone of the one ride they can still make it a part of the cohesive unit that is pixar land along with possibly the long awaited door coaster and a ratatouille restaurant or something along those lines.

How about something along the lines of an American Grafitti theme, being its a Lucas film. Start out just cruising the street, and end up drag racing...........

• former CM

Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    How about something along the lines of an American Grafitti theme, being its a Lucas film. Start out just cruising the street, and end up drag racing...........
    I love this!

I'd like eight hot rods lined up for a race to a destination with cars going down different streets with at least one unusual stop for each car. All trackless. Sponsored by Google automotive.

I STILL want a jungle-themed RSR-like Cars race attraction though.

Goofy Donald, you wrote that it's "unavoidable that we will get a RSR clone at WDW."
    Remember Lawrence of Arabia, "Nothing is written!"

• Seasick

A jungle race wouldn't fit in with the setting of Carsland, would it? They'd have re-design the entire Carsland concept.

I'm not thrilled with a clone coming to WDW, but unless they do something out of Cars 2, I'm not sure how much room there is to change things.

Hopefully they find ways to improve on Carsland, rather than just ploppping it down as a direct duplicate. The finale of RSR lacked a sense of speed, imo, that stopped it from being as thrilling as Test Track or Journey to the Center of the Earth are with the same technology.

Hopefully they will also come up with a good replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires as well.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    A jungle race wouldn't fit in with the setting of Carsland, would it? They'd have re-design the entire Carsland concept.

I'm not thrilled with a clone coming to WDW, but unless they do something out of Cars 2, I'm not sure how much room there is to change things.

Hopefully they find ways to improve on Carsland, rather than just ploppping it down as a direct duplicate. The finale of RSR lacked a sense of speed, imo, that stopped it from being as thrilling as Test Track or Journey to the Center of the Earth are with the same technology.

Hopefully they will also come up with a good replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires as well.
    Don't do Carsland. (A WDW hotel already has a cheaper Cars area.) And why be limited to the two Cars movies? Cars 2 had races all over the world, and this attraction could be like Cars 4 or 6.

Make the best attraction possible and make it at least semi-original. (Like a RSR in a different setting.) And given the e-tickets coming out of Universal Orlando & Sea World, WDW really needs to quickly get going on at least three attractions that have a shot at being the best ever.

Five would make more sense it they were brave.

Or three plus 2 or 3 new EPCOT pavilions and more exciting & convenient transportation options.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-07-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo

How about they keep the Cars theme, but use Monaco as the setting. In Cars 2 they based the location of one of the races there. It is a city, but not necessarily a high rise city like New York or whatever. They could still do the race theme like DCA, but WAY more so. The racing theme on RSR is really lacking. A tight twisty ride with some elevation, going though a Italian setting (again kinda similar to 'Lights Motors Action') would be fun.

They could use the same type of cars, but style them more like this.

This theme also gets around them having to build the whole Radiator Springs town. They could just build the ride and a small area surrounding it for a store, queue, character meet, etc.
    Last edited by SLUSHIE; 02-07-2013 at 04:13 PM.

• former CM

^Lightning McQueen didn't change forms when he drove in different races around the world.
    Monaco could be an EPCOT pavilion, but this might be too similar to the nearby Test Track.
    The Studios needs this the most, so I'd greenlight the "Slushie Monaco Grand Prix" with cars from Cars for that park. The Venetian & Bellagio resorts in Vegas (and I guess EPCOT's World Showcase) have set a high standard for faux European architecture, but Imagineers should welcome the challenge.

Maybe they could have parts of the race along cliffs along a sea, with the sea containing a boat ride like one at Tokyo Disney Sea, and an enormous screen "across the sea" bigger than the one at Universal Hollywood's tank that gets used for so many movies.

• ooooooOO!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    RSR definitely has a lot going for it, but improvements in speed should be definitely be looked into. Is there any particular reason why they can't just turn the speed up a notch? Nearly everyone I know thinks the race portion is too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    ^Lightning McQueen didn't change forms when he drove in different races around the world.
    Monaco could be an EPCOT pavilion, but this might be too similar to the nearby Test Track.
    The Studios needs this the most, so I'd greenlight the "Slushie Monaco Grand Prix" with cars from Cars for that park. The Venetian & Bellagio resorts in Vegas (and I guess EPCOT's World Showcase) have set a high standard for faux European architecture, but Imagineers should welcome the challenge.

Maybe they could have parts of the race along cliffs along a sea, with the sea containing a boat ride like one at Tokyo Disney Sea, and an enormous screen "across the sea" bigger than the one at Universal Hollywood's tank that gets used for so many movies.
    This could really work for DHS's theme if the Monaco Grand Prix was portrayed like a "live" race on TV, and we are asked to take part. And Intertwining rides would be awesome! The boat ride could possibly be a full-fledged E-ticket to replace Luigi's Tires, since I honestly don't see that as a viable competition to other parks.
    .:: ::.

• former CM

Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    . . . This could really work for DHS's theme if the Monaco Grand Prix was portrayed like a "live" race on TV, and we are asked to take part. . .
    Great post, Chuuster!

Here's what I think would be exciting:
    seeing close ups of our car on three billboard sized, hi-def Jumbotrons during the race and an even larger one at the finish
    (show the "losers" too so you don't ruin the entire vacation for freakishly competitive families),
    and at the finish pass through a stadium with forced perspective to look as if almost 400 to 100,000 animatronic cars are cheering us on.

If this version emphasizes racing even more than DCA's RSR, then I think the race track should be even longer and faster.

This could be a lot like test track, so Imagineers will have to differentiate them.

I STILL like "Jungle Race" more, but this is almost a tie.

• ooooooOO!

A longer and faster race track would be nice, I have yet to hear someone say that RSR is too fast, actually quite the contrary!

And Oh boy! the competitive families! This one time on RSR a family started yelling and more-or-less ridiculed us (the other vehicle) when we "won" at the end. I overheard a women saying that it was unfair and that she was going to complain. I feel very sorry for the CMs that have to deal with those kinds of people. With Disney's recent track record for safety and guest/complainer satisfaction, I probably wouldn't be surprised if the new RSR has everyone end in a tie all the time. But I sure hope not.
    .:: ::.

• film975

I think that if Disney really wants to clone the RSR ride at DHS... then themeing it around the World Grand Prix from Cars 2 would be the way to go. And they could put it where the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt show is now. I can see guests becoming race spectators in the old bleachers as they wait for their turn to ride.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I think that if Disney really wants to clone the RSR ride at DHS... then themeing it around the World Grand Prix from Cars 2 would be the way to go. And they could put it where the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt show is now. I can see guests becoming race spectators in the old bleachers as they wait for their turn to ride.
    I like the idea of people in line cheering if it's only for the last portion of the line for three or four minutes. Disney's trying to get guests in line to cheer for 45 minutes in the Orlando heat would become tedious. Again, Grand Prix theming should look very different than Test Track.

It's disappointing that some Imagineers and Disney executives would want to clone RSR. That shows they value money over imagination, and see the Disney parks as more regional (like Six Flags) rather than as distinctive, must-see destinations for international travelers. Differentiating the parks makes them more valuable & valued, and it draws attention to each one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Imagine a World Grand Prix attraction with both indoor and outdoor elements. They can build smaller segments of each of the race tracks from Tokyo, London, Monoco, etc. Maybe have have it be randomized so that you don't experience the same locales all the time but the finish will be the most amazing section of track there is. I think that would be a great replacement for "Radiator Springs Racers".

If they want to incorporate Mater having a bomb in his engine into the ride, I don't think I'd be against it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Team Hail HYDRA

^epic...........

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast