Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• former CM

Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

Adding Radiator Springs Racers to WDW would actually make me less inclined to go to Walt Disney World.
    I vacation partly to see new places. (
    I was planning on going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, but when they announced they're building one close to us at Universal Hollywood, I changed our plans.)

So how about if Disney builds
    a different Test-Track style Cars attraction?

I'd like "Jungle Race" with the race segment at least 50% longer than the one on RSR.
    This way Disney could still promote it's billion-dollar earning Cars merchandise, and use the same Cars designs that looks so great on RSR, but on a new adventure.

What do you think?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.

• ooooooOO!

Re: Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

I just thought of Mario Kart all of a sudden Yeah I'm totally digging this idea! If WDW has to have a Carsland, I would love to see a different track for the ride. Maybe with "slippery mud" in the jungle to allow drifts!
    .:: ::.

• Disgruntled Former CM

'Mater Goes 'Gator ?
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Inappropriate

On my podcast I proposed an idea of Star Wars Land with the test track ride system and the fake mountain range. Only it would be podracers in the desert rocks of Tatooine.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

While I'm not sold on a "jungle cart" concept for CARS, I do agree with you that news of Cars Land in Florida just puts another sour stamp in Florida that sorely needs something fresh and exciting.

Fantasyland is already not doing well but I predicted that. It's already the most visited theme park in Walt Disney World and if most americans are taking the trip to see Cars Land this past year, they will already ride Little Mermaid.

And

If those guests enjoyed their Disneyland trip, they may just keep going back and quit WDW entirely.

WDW needs a major expansion, that much is clear. I'd propose all of the following:

1. Sugar Rush - inspired by the game in Wreck-it Ralph, it would be fun seeing a candy colored race track with a mentos cola climax.

2. Star Wars Land - nuff said

3. Tron / The Grid

4. Fire Mountain

5. Jungle Book River Ride in Animal Kingdom

6. Toon Town - dark and gritty.. a real land

That's a start.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Of course New Fantasyland isn't doing so well. At the moment all it is, is a restaurant and a clone of a ride that already wasn't all that popular popular with a new facade. I think the roller coaster is going to be a huge hit with families, but right now it's not open.

Taking a ride that is a huge hit and putting in Disney World will no doubt bring attendance, but not as much as building something new that also has the possibility of being a huge hit. Taking the same idea and retheming it won't have the same effect either, I don't think people are that stupid. People will just say "that looks exactly like Car's Land, lets go to hawaii this year instead."

No doubt many families that experienced Car's Land this past summer and will over the next few years, might look at doing a WDW vacation in the future, and if Car's Land is the new big thing that Disney is pushing for WDW that has to be pretty off putting.

They need to build something that makes all the people go 'I went to cars land and thought it was awesome, this new thing at WDW must be awesome too!.' And all the people at Disney World will think the other way around.

Cloning is a short term gain, and does not help long term. These rides will be there for decades.

It's a different story when Six Flags clones a roller coaster and puts at all their parks, those things generally draw locals. Disney Parks draw in people from other countries.

I think it would be a much smarter decision to use the money for building cars land to make small changes throughout all the parks and have Avatar be the next big thing, than have Avatar and Car's Land, leaving other things to rot.
    Last edited by SLUSHIE; 02-06-2013 at 07:11 PM.

• former CM

Cars Jungle Race instead of cloning RSR

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    On my podcast I proposed an idea of Star Wars Land with the test track ride system and the fake mountain range. Only it would be podracers in the desert rocks of Tatooine.

The advantage of Cars vehicles over podracers, is that the Cars are perfectly sized. Maybe there should be another pod race, but Disney has enough desert areas. Then again, why not both Cars and pods in two new E-tickets? (Oh yeah, it's Disney World in 2013.)

"Jungle Race" is as simple and unlimiting a concept as "Space Mountain." There could be caves, waterfalls, car elephants, all kids of cool vegetation. Sure there is the Jungle Cruise, the rest of Adventureland and the Animal Kingdom, but Disney could look at those to make sure that this is different. Before the big race, there could be a nice jungle tour (including the Cars on a zipline ride) to get to the starting line. The whole thing might have to be more indoors than RSR due to the Florida rain.

I thought the podracers (covered on Star Tours) took place in a bleak wasteland kind of desert. Radio Springs Racers, in contrast, has some of the most beautiful fake natural beauty Disney has ever created. I'd like "Jungle Race" Imagineers to try their best to blow that away.

Maybe podracers could "compete" on a trackless system, like Tokyo's Pooh, but going over 30 mph.

As long as I'm rambling, I wish Disney had made "How to Train Your Dragon." I'm in the minority in enjoying that movie's dragon riding scenes even more than Avatar's, and the animated look might be easier to replicate on a ride than Avatar's slightly more realistic look.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-06-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typos

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    While I'm not sold on a "jungle cart" concept for CARS, I do agree with you that news of Cars Land in Florida just puts another sour stamp in Florida that sorely needs something fresh and exciting. . .

WDW needs a major expansion, that much is clear. I'd propose all of the following:

1. Sugar Rush - inspired by the game in Wreck-it Ralph, it would be fun seeing a candy colored race track with a Mentos cola climax.
    . . .
    The Sugar Rush ride could be trippy in a good way, even if Wreck-it Ralph didn't exist. How about a high-speed trackless system with racing vehicles changing lanes differently in different races? Since Orlando and Tokyo are so far apart, I wouldn't mind two identical twin attractions, as long as WDW would have to spend as much as The (great) Oriental Land Company.

I just came up with an idea that would be pretty cool, it's just too bad it is kinda similar to the 'Light Motors Action show.'

I would like DHS to stay with the studio theme, and a ride themed to the filming of a car chase scene would be cool. It could have a section like RSR with two tracks where one car ends up being the good guy and the other the bad guy. Then the 'racing' part could have some fire effects, water cannons and whatever and at one point one car could go under and bridge and the other over it while dodging obstacles ect.

Of course there would have to be some movie tie-in with this...

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHIE View Post
    I just came up with an idea that would be pretty cool, it's just too bad it is kinda similar to the 'Light Motors Action show.'

I would like DHS to stay with the studio theme, and a ride themed to the filming of a car chase scene would be cool. It could have a section like RSR with two tracks where one car ends up being the good guy and the other the bad guy. Then the 'racing' part could have some fire effects, water cannons and whatever and at one point one car could go under and bridge and the other over it while dodging obstacles ect.

It works for me.

Then at the end they could have a stitched together video of you on the ride that is the 'action scene' and can post it to Facebook n stuff.

• Minion

There's a rumor going around that an Incredibles E-Ticket is also being considered for the Pixar expansion.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Under that tree again!

I think a Carsland in DHS could work in a few ways. The obvious is a simple clone, but with some adjustments. In DCA it was fitted into the existing park, which is why the rockwork is nearly U shaped, and tall to block site lines out of the park(to high tension power lines).

It could be more true to the movie with Radiator Springs in a wide low walled valley.

It could use a Cars 2 theme with urban F1 racing, a better fitting backdrop of a cityscape for DHS.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    . . . It could use a Cars 2 theme with urban F1 racing, a better fitting backdrop of a cityscape for DHS.
    I don't know why, but imitations of skylines can look a bit cheesy to me--even the 40 story recreation of NYC at Las Vegas' NY NY. And I'd prefer that a new Cars attraction not associate itself with Cars 2. Many of us live in cities, but visiting a jungle, even a Disney jungle, could feel like a holiday adventure.

Or a really long & fast Cars race that left the Studios could have an out-of-the-box feeling of freedom.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHIE View Post

Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers!
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast