Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1.) What is your fondest WDW memory?

OK, some of my comments about WDW have been somewhat scathing over the past month and the perception is that myself and some others are too discriminating and focusing too much negative energy on WDW management, upkeep, investment, etc. So, fair enough, let's "agree to disagree" and focus on documenting your fondest WDW memory - something nice and uplifting for a change:

Here is mine:

I remember my first visit to WDW in 1972 at the age of 5 (turning 6). I was a northern Indiana boy from South Bend and was soon jaw droppingly stunned as our Green Ford LTD entered a large parking lot. A few seconds prior I had heard Mickey on the car radio greeting me (not personally but he was talking to our family). Then, after riding a tram and waiting in a long line that I didn't like, my dad hoisted me atop his shoulders while in the distance this elevated train with a Red colored stripe was coming toward us and eventually over us. I felt so tall that I could almost touch it as it rode over us - seemingly a mere arm's length away. I saw rotating tires and I think a few drops of water even fell on me. Ever since then, I knew this place would be a large part of my life and existence.

• Inappropriate

Re: 1.) What is your fondest WDW memory?

My fondest memory is the most expensive practical joke I've ever pulled. It happened in 2010. My brother and his family (they live in Oregon)were going to Disney World and invited me and my wife to come along. We told them we couldn't afford it. We lied! We found out what days they were going, booked our trip two days before at the same hotel, and then on their first day, they went to the Magic Kingdom. We tracked them down and surprised the crap out of them. And we got it on video!

Surprise Video - YouTube

Top that!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

When I was young and Epcot was just opened, it left a great imprint on my mind.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    My fondest memory is the most expensive practical joke I've ever pulled. It happened in 2010. My brother and his family (they live in Oregon)were going to Disney World and invited me and my wife to come along. We told them we couldn't afford it. We lied! We found out what days they were going, booked our trip two days before at the same hotel, and then on their first day, they went to the Magic Kingdom. We tracked them down and surprised the crap out of them. And we got it on video!

Surprise Video - YouTube

Top that!
    I decided to divorce my first wife while at WDW. Best and worst trip ever!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I decided to divorce my first wife while at WDW. Best and worst trip ever!
    Is that who was following us around on that trip?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Is that who was following us around on that trip?
    I'm way too lazy to type it out. If anyone wants to hear about I'm sure we will air it on our podcast eventually...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

In 2004, on my first visit to WDW, we got into E Ride nights. We rode Big thunder a few times, then space. After we got off of Space for the second time, we decided that we would spend the rest of the night figuring out how much times we could ride Space Mountain in a row. It ended up being 15. So awesome!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I have sooo many, it's tough to pick one. The first trip we took with our kids is full of them. 2 sons, ages 5 and 7. Of course they had all the surprise and excitement of kids that age going to Disney which of course made it that much more fun for my wife and I. A few highlights.... During one of those afternoon showers, chasing the kids through the puddles and laughing the whole time, youngest son was into drawing, him sitting on the ground in lines for rides drawing everything he wanted in his autograph book (still have the book), "Jaffar" giving my oldest a hard time getting his autograph.

Still having those moment even today when the boys come with us (now 24 and 26). They haven't missed a trip yet!

Ive had many great memories at WDW, but the one highlighted in my mind is the time i went with my oldest brother. He just had major knee reconstruction, and was sidelined and thought his career was over. His wife and i talked him into going to Florida. By the time we walked through the castle, he was nothing but smiles. He hated being in a wheelchair, but after awhile, he didnt even mind that.

Surprise Video - YouTube

Top that!
    First, I had to laugh when you said the most expensive practical joke you ever played - Mickey isn't cheap!!

But that was a hoot to watch - better than any "surprise" video even Disney could even put out, rare and genuine. Thanks so much for sharing.

It was 10 years ago this January that I proposed to my wife at Citricos in the Grand Floridian. The rest of the stay was awesome and something I will never forget.

Another great memory is when they were celebrating a particular milestone (I don't remember which) and each person coming through the turnstiles got a "ticket" that would reveal a prize. I won a free pass! Not much I know but to a teenager it was pretty cool.

• Sasquatch

I was there this past October, for the second time with my boyfriend. He ended up proposing to me (on splash mountain!) on the second day of our trip, and the rest of our time was awesome.

We had tried to come in December to be sure to see new fantasyland because Beauty and the beast is one of my favourite movies ever. I wasn't able to get the time off and was pretty bummed. We hung around a lot around the gates of new fantasyland to see if they were doing previews, but it was open only to CMs and passholders almost the whole week. On our last day it still said that "dress rehearsals" were not occurring...but one of the CMs actually let us in when we asked! So the last day we went on the little mermaid ride, did storytime with Belle, went to the tavern and got a LeFou's brew, and got to have lunch in beast castle!

These memories are the fondest to me of all my 3 trips to WDW because of what I feel they will represent in my future. If we are financially able we plan to join DVC and vacation to WDW often, with our future children. I look forward to telling them not only about new FL but about where we got engaged and re-exploring these memories as a family.

• formerly very helpful

I don't know what my ONE fondest memory is, but one of the good ones was when I took a trip there by myself back in the 90s. I was having lunch at the 50s Prime Time Diner alone. The waitress asked me what I wanted for dessert. I then asked her an unrelated question. I asked, "What would you recommend to someone who celebrates his birthday by himself?" Before I knew it, she was giving me a cake, and the restaurant was singing to me. Funny thing was, that was in October, and my birthday was in June.
    I had one slice, and gave the rest of the cake to a nice family who was sitting at the next table. Sure, I probably shouldn't have let them think it was my birthday, but I suppose there was no real harm done. Everyone left the restaurant feeling pretty happy.
    And I gave her an extra big tip.

• formerly very helpful

Wow. I really killed this thread. Sorry, folks.

• far, far away from DL

My fondest memories are when my husband and I got engaged on our senior band trip to Disney and we got to spend a whole day at Epcot. We would drag all our friends on Horizons countless times. They hated it but we loved it. Also for our honeymoon I remember the pink pepto castle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast