Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: How much longer will Captain EO play?

I would say it at least stays until the pavilion gets a new sponsor or Disney decides to suck it up and remodel the whole pavilion on their own. I don't see a new film going in independent of a larger pavilion overhaul. The major problem is, with almost every movie Disney releases being in 3D now, they have to do something really original to justify why the Magic Eye Theater experience is more imaginative than your local multiplex.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I would say it at least stays until the pavilion gets a new sponsor or Disney decides to suck it up and remodel the whole pavilion on their own. I don't see a new film going in independent of a larger pavilion overhaul. The major problem is, with almost every movie Disney releases being in 3D now, they have to do something really original to justify why the Magic Eye Theater experience is more imaginative than your local multiplex.
    I would say this is probably an accurate statement.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Until they need the space for something else.

Great new article on EO at Passport to Dreams Old and New that summarizes my feelings very well:

*Passport to Dreams Old & New
    Great article, thanks for sharing!

I'd say another two years tops.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Iron-Clad Allie

EO wiill stay until another attraction passes the white gliove test. hee hee - just my first thoughts

Actually, I think with all the successful sci-fi related franchises abound in theaters these days, Disney will likely wait to change the attraction when it does it's massive upcoming Tomorrorland expansion. I think this will take place in the next two to four years. If only Yoda were around, we might be able to get the timeline nailed down.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• film975

Here's a funny story I have about Captain EO at EPCOT. I always wanted to see it at EPCOT 'cause I loved the show at Disneyland. But when my family went to Disney World for the first time, that was the year they replaced it with Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. So here's something I keep wondering. What is the next level of a 4D (possibly 5D?) type attraction? I think Disney should experiment with something like that (something totally new and unlike anything that's never been done before) to replace Captain EO with.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Here's a funny story I have about Captain EO at EPCOT. I always wanted to see it at EPCOT 'cause I loved the show at Disneyland. But when my family went to Disney World for the first time, that was the year they replaced it with Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. So here's something I keep wondering. What is the next level of a 4D (possibly 5D?) type attraction? I think Disney should experiment with something like that (something totally new and unlike anything that's never been done before) to replace Captain EO with.
    CircleVision 3D. If the effect works right you could create the illusion of things passing right through the theater.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    CircleVision 3D. If the effect works right you could create the illusion of things passing right through the theater.
    Well SeaWorld already created a domed 3-D 360 degree experience that is INCREDIBLE.

You have animals swimming above your head like you are truly under the ocean.

Disney is so far behind at this point.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Until they need the space for something else.

Great new article on EO at Passport to Dreams Old and New that summarizes my feelings very well:

*Passport to Dreams Old & New
    I also must agree!
    I think it's nostalgic and, dare I say, original...as far as it's not based on a Marvel or Disney film. I think the park is lacking in speciality attractions, ones that you don't need to know an already developed story or relate to existing characters. I'm sorry to say I would much rather experience Captain EO, over and over again, than any Marvel attraction that could possibly be created for the resort.
    I hope it sticks around Disneyland a little longer, but I do agree there might be something better well suited for Epcot, not sure why I have a double-standard, but it kinda makes sense.
    But last note: I am pretty much the only one out of my friends that will sit through the show over and over, and i really believe it's because I sat through it over and over again as a child....oh the power of nostalgia.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    I have issues with Michael Jackson being presented in a family environment, given the problems him and little kids had together.
    As a child who's been at neverland overnight i find your remark hurtful

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    As a child who's been at neverland overnight i find your remark hurtful
    I'd like to add my voice to TheWorldNeedsColor's in saying can this please not turn into a "Michael Jackson: Innocent or Guilty?" thread? I have seen far too many of those.

I'm so glad it's back, but I do miss the in-theatre effects and walk away feeling rather solemn that I'm not seeing the full experience. Music is still great, though. Never seen it at WDW - is it any different at all from DL?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I do miss the in-theatre effects and walk away feeling rather solemn that I'm not seeing the full experience.
    Yeah, I regret that I didn't get to see it as a kid, when all the original effects were intact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12