Buffets and Rule enforcement

OK...and I know this is going to sound like "he wants to break the rules". But hear me out....

A) We bought the dinning plan. For 3 out of the 4 of us it will work fine
    B) We signed up for a number of the buffets.
    C) Our son sometimes likes to explore in his dinning choices, has more an adult set of tastebuds than most 7 year olds, and sometimes does get hungry (especially at dinner). At breakfast he eats like a bird so not too worried about those - it is the dinner buffet especially at DAK resort that has me stressed

D) So....how many bad looks and undisney moments will we get if our son eats some of the selections from the "adult" sections of the buffets? He will absolutely go for BBQ beef, for example, over pizza or mac and cheese. Do the same rules of "choose only items from the kid section of the buffet" apply if we pay for those meals in cash at the kids rate? Or is this more of a rule that disney puts on the menu so it minimizes food loss (kids thinking they want lobster only to find it it tastes "icchy" and there goes 4 tails into the compost).

Thanks in advance. And no...not trying to break the rules....if it is going to be a big deal we will upgrade him to an adult.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Buffets and Rule enforcement

I've seen adults take stuff from the kids buffet for themselves, so I don't see why you can't take stuff from the adult buffet for the kids. Growing up I had more adult taste buds too. I don't think there's any rule against it. The kids choices are there for the ones who are picky eaters.

I would have to dig for the exact language but the meal plan explicitly says "choose from the childrens section of the buffet." Thus the inquiry.

• Under that tree again!

At the buffets you can eat anything served, it doesn't matter what section it's from. At some buffets you can also request items not in the buffet line, this works when kitchens are shared by another dining location.

The buffets are set up as any other buffet in the world. Food on stands, some "sectioned" into the "kids area." Anyone can take from anywhere. The only difference between a child eating at a buffet and an adult at the same buffet is the pricing. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegomousefan View Post
    I would have to dig for the exact language but the meal plan explicitly says "choose from the childrens section of the buffet." Thus the inquiry.
    I think this line is only suggesting, or pointing out that they have a "kid friendly" section of the buffet so that you know your child will most likely find something they would enjoy there.

As everyone else said, if he is into something not in the kids area, let him have at it. The difference between an adult and a kid at a buffet is the amount they eat (in most cases). Thats why a child price is less, not because they have to eat from a kids section.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

There is ZERO enforcement on the buffets as far as who eats what.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Until this moment,I had no idea that a special children;'s section of the buffets even existed. Every time I've been to one, everybody just got what they felt like.I doubt anyone will bat an eyelash.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Until this moment,I had no idea that a special children;'s section of the buffets even existed. Every time I've been to one, everybody just got what they felt like.I doubt anyone will bat an eyelash.
    It's the section with macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and nothing green unless there is cheese sauce to go on top.