Thread: Villain Land

Villain Land

With the addition of so many "princessy" attractions, I think it's high-time they give the boys and parents what they want -- dark rides! Or, to be more specific, a dark land. I would love to eventually have a villain area in MK (I'm thinking, northeast corner behind the Haunted Mansion). They could have leaf-less trees, with ominous wing-blowing SFX and animatronic vultures with eyes that follow you. The costumed villain characters would finally have a home and imagine some of the amazing attractions they could create (of course, you can't make it too scary). Here's some ideas I have off the top of my head:

- Ride through the watery insides of Monstro (B/C-ticket)
    - Eat and play a game of croquet at the Queen of Heart's Garden Cafe
    - Hop aboard the magic carpet as you take a wild ride of twists and turns in your escape from Jafar (E-ticket)
    - Interact using your body movements to duck and dodge your way past Facilier's friends from "the other side" (D-ticket)
    - Grab a bite to eat aboard Charles F. Muntz' zepplin

There are also better/other characters that could be included, like Captain Hook, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent and pretty much anyone from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Thoughts?

Re: Villain Land

I love this idea!! I would fly all the way from L.A. just to see this!

Apparently, as I just found out, this was on the drawing board at one point. I have no idea why it was scratched. If Disney added this, the proposed Beastly Kingdom at AK, and a Star Wars mini-land in DHS, there's no way I'd be able to keep money in my pockets.

•   
    • Minion

I would love a Villain land somewhere in a Disney Park. Id be ok with it being a street party too where they mingle.

• Under that tree again!

Since almost every charater comes form a Disney film, and has an antagnist let's put them all in one land. So then every attractions gets a ride in that one land.

Would every film then get a protaganist attraction too.

We cold build have built two lands to satisfy almost all lands and park built? Look at how much money has been wasted.

OMG I HAD THIS SAME IDEA! I think I posted about it in a past I posted about River Country! So awesome if they did... I have some awesome ideas... and if I was any good with RCT I would totally get to work on it....

And if they can't do it... then I think it would be cool if they could make a game of it... like that one Disneyland game that works with X-Box. It could be titled "The Black Magic Kingdom!"

• Minion

The "princessy" attractions generally include the villains, too.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    The "princessy" attractions generally include the villains, too.
    Precisely. As I mentioned in another thread villains can't exist in a vacuum a villain is only as good as the hero they oppose (and vice-versa). You need to involve the hero to make it interesting and exciting, otherwise what is the purpose of the villainy?

I completely understand the draw of the Disney Villains, many of them are really great characters after all, but the idea of a Villains Land doesn't make much sense to me. You already have a land dedicated to classic Disney characters, both heroes and villains, and that is Fantasyland. And, indeed, it features some fairly villain centric attractions (on both coasts). You have Snow White's Scary Adventure which is primarily focussed on the Evil Queen/Wicked Witch, you have Pinocchio's Daring Journey which goes through many of Pinocchio's encounters with the villains of his film. There's Gaston's Tavern and Disneyland Paris even has Captain Hook's Pirate Ship.

A Villain Land would be superfluous, it'd just be a second Fantasyland.

• Heavy Breather

It could be another sub land of Fantasyland(even though they have Storybook Circus).

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

I think this is a great idea! Perhaps it could someday be part of the Fantasyland Forest - a "wrong turn" takes you into a dark and ominous type of forest, with fog, scary trees, etc. If not a land unto itself, maybe they could do a special Fantasyland overlay for Halloween parties?

Well I think the thing is sometimes some people enjoy villains more then the hero, sometimes the villains can be more awesome then hero. The concept here wouldn't be good verses evil... it would be just evil lol thats the thing some people want. FantasyLand is over ran by positive characters. it would be like a a Heaven on one side and Hell on another. Which is interesting.

But, if that will not work how about a "Halloween Town" part to the park where all year round it is Halloween 24 / 7 there could be a lot of ghost and villain things there. Along with a lot of Tim Burton things he has done for Disney?

Come to the dark side we have cookies!

I would love a villains land! Heck, I'd even say to open it up beyond traditional Disney films and utilize Star Wars villains in such a land also. It is a shame they couldn't throw in some Marvel Villains as well (at least in Florida). It reminds me and makes me wish even more that they hadn't deep sixed the Great Movie Villain Ride that was planned once upon a time. If not a whole land (which I would obviously prefer of course!), I'd settle for a Great Movie Villain Ride (or I suppose just plain Villains as opposed to movie only) so you could mine Marvel comics and other types of media for characters) out in DL somewhere. Wishful thinking and dreaming certainly, but inside my head, its already one of my favorite rides!

Imagine Maleficent, Queen Grimhilde, and every other wicked witch or queen from the classics and Captain Hook too! along with Gaston, Ursula, and Scar from the renaissance period...and then throw in some thieving and scheming weasels from Mr. Toad for good measure, add Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Loki, and Frost Giants (oh my!)...stir liberally, leave to simmer a while and then find and included anything else great or iconic from the past - like Long John Silver, the xenomorph from Alien (I could stand to see that critter in two different Disney rides - what a great non-traditional villain that isn't a specific individual character)...and more too...like characters from the Pirates of the Carribean movies such as Davey Jones and his crew, or Lord Beckett (or Barbossa on one of his more 'villainous' days). In fact, I think they now have the rights to, or own so many of the best villains in entertainment history, that you never could fit them all into one ride. Right then! Give us a whole land! (please?)

• Hello Dolly.

They can make it a subland of fantasyland.

I think it would be awesome if they had a certain villain's castle and have a show where there's a battle between both the villain's and Sleeping beauty (using fireworks, projections, ...) I always dreamed of it for DL though as I haven't visited WDW yet. Either way I'd think A villain's area would be awesome.