Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• White and Nerdy

Strategy to get onto Expedition Everest in the next week.

My first day in Orlando is the 18th. I'll be there a week.

I desperately want to ride Expedition Everest. I need to formulate a strategy.

I need your help. Any ideas?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Re: Strategy to get onto Expedition Everest in the next week.

If you know any cast members really well, you might be able to go along with them as this weekend are CM previews *usually they can bring 1-3 friends or something like that*. Also, it might just have general soft openings in the next few weeks... so just keep posted in that area if you really really want to ride this puppy. I know that when I'm going in March, I'm going to practically be there the whole time waiting to see if anything happens lol
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• White and Nerdy

That's pretty much my plan. It's not like there's anything else to do in that park anyway.

• Minion

Use your amazing ninja skills to sneak into the preview line...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

As shifty as it sounds, it depends on where the "checkpoint" to get on is. You might be able to sneak on, but it's not exactly the most honest thing ever.

• Banned User

Hmmm... stay at a Disney Resort and do Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom that night. You might be impressed with the attractions that are open.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Exactly WHAT do you know? And how do you know all of it....who are your connections, Bill.....

(Also, EMH soft openings would be a FANTASTIC idea because it would still be somewhat exclusive)

• Banned User

It's simply a rumor that if they can, they'll open it to guests that night. Not sure how strong the rumor is, but I think I'll go over there and see if it opens. lol

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Highly doubt they'll open it, that's if they even can, during the morning EMHs... but during the evening ones, who knows. Again, that's if they even can.

Currently Animal Kingdom has evening EMH on Wednesdays. Worth a shot... I'd say try the first of February, who knows, might be lucky.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Banned User

Like I said, this Wed. looks pretty cool. lol

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Like I said, this Wed. looks pretty cool. :) lol
    Eh, if it does then it does... it's a nice surprise for all involved. Like I said, folks shouldn't get their hopes up (and frankly, folks shouldn't be posting stuff like there are definate plans to open) in case those plans do fall through for some reason or another. If it is open, great... consider yourself lucky. I wouldn't go expecting it to be open though.

Doesn't mean that I won't be there for Wednesday's evening EMH (I like the evening EMHs anyways), but I'm not expecting Everest to be open... if it is, then great that's a bonus that I wasn't counting on.

Anyways, it just leads to disappointment in case something goes wrong and they can't open... and honestly, it's just bad reporting / journalism to do so Mr. Disney-fansite owner and frankly just irresponsible really... regardless of what "information" you might have. 8:)

If it's open, it's open... if it isn't, it isn't. Lord knows the last thing the Cast Members of Everest need right now is angry folks getting all up in their Kool-Aid and demanding that they open because they "read it on the internet that it'll be open that day" (it happens with new rides more then you think).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• The 70th Matt Named Super

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Eh, if it does then it does... it's a nice surprise for all involved. Like I said, folks shouldn't get their hopes up (and frankly, folks shouldn't be posting stuff like there are definate plans to open) in case those plans do fall through for some reason or another. If it is open, great... consider yourself lucky. I wouldn't go expecting it to be open though.

Doesn't mean that I won't be there for Wednesday's evening EMH (I like the evening EMHs anyways), but I'm not expecting Everest to be open... if it is, then great that's a bonus that I wasn't counting on.

Anyways, it just leads to disappointment in case something goes wrong and they can't open... and honestly, it's just bad reporting / journalism to do so Mr. Disney-fansite owner and frankly just irresponsible really... regardless of what "information" you might have. 8

If it's open, it's open... if it isn't, it isn't. Lord knows the last thing the Cast Members of Everest need right now is angry folks getting all up in their Kool-Aid and demanding that they open because they "read it on the internet that it'll be open that day" (it happens with new rides more then you think).

HERE HERE BURNT TOAST!

Are you going to be able to ride it if it's EMH?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast

Anyways, it just leads to disappointment in case something goes wrong and they can't open... and honestly, it's just bad reporting / journalism to do so Mr. Disney-fansite owner and frankly just irresponsible really... regardless of what "information" you might have. 8

If these people have any brains at all, they'll understand if Everesn't isn't open.

It's a rumor of an opening. You can choose to go by it or not. I don't give a darn. But it doesn't help you preaching about posting it. If it's open, it's open. If it's not, it's not. But don't be yellin' at people for postin' good info. Otherwise people will stop posting altogether. WDWmagic has this problem... let's not get that way here.

• Banned User

IT happens with all new rides. when we went to disneyland in july, we didn't know if spacemountain was going to be running, but we went anyway and checked it out. you can do that with EMH or you can ask before you head out to the park. or when you get there. frankly not much to do at animal kingdom with evening emh's unless you go to dinoland. if not... well you all know it's gonna be open in april so plan trips accordingly. and btw I believe it was made clear that it was a RUMOR. that means it's not a fact and keep that info in mind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast