Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Heavy Breather

Do you guys really want a Carsland?

I know that this has been discussed to death, but do you guys really want Carsland to go into DHS? Personally, I would like reasons to visit both coasts and see the diversity on both sides. With Carsland drawing more crowds to California Adventure than it's seen in the entire life span of the park, it's only the common consensus that it be brought over to Florida.

With Hollywood(MGM)Studios identity crisis as the liscences park, a Carsland would only solidify that point further. With talks of an Incredibles E-Ticket in the works to be in place of Carsland DHS, I'd like to hear my fellow Micechatters opinions on the subject.

Do you or do you not want a Carsland for Florida?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Filmmaker

Re: Do you guys really want a Carsland?

Aboslutely not. Porting Cars Land to DHS is a knee-jerk reaction from Disney and those never end up being good ideas. It's another band-aid fix to a Resort that's becoming increasingly incoherent. It's especially frustrating because DHS is already a terrible mishmash of ideas. In my DHS Refresh thread I called it the park that gets the sloppy seconds from everywhere else, and this is just another instance of that.

I would rather see Disney take time to come up with a real solution to the problem rather than making a paniced reaction.

All that being said, I wouldn't be completely opposed to cloning Radiator Springs Racers to DHS as part of an expansion of Pixar Place, but cloning Cars Land in its entirety smacks of desperation.

• Heavy Breather

Oh yeah, I saw your thread. Wonderful ideas basing studios around properties. So I guess the studio theme would still resonate.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• former CM

Efficiency. Cost savings. Disney Parks. Same things from part to park. Same merchandise from store to store within the park.

Why not change the name to Ray Kroc World? Or Staggsnation.

Some people are inspired to travel so see magnificent things they've never seen before or at least that they don't have at home.

An identical or slightly inferior Carsland will be the perfect Californian repellent for WDW. Don't worry Disney, California isn't one of the more populated states.

I know you guys will disagree with this, but I think these parks have turned into a regional type of thing. The people on the East usually go to WDW and the people in the West go to DL. I think they're targeting this way. I know when I lived in California, I had no desire to visit WDW. People will generally just go to their home park because it's closest. I know a few families that absolutely love WDW and are DVC members. They go often and they tell me that Carsland would be so awesome.

They are targeting the audiences on each coast. They don't really need to attract people from opposite coasts and I'm fine with it. Take the whole Pirates of the Caribbean deal. The Magic Kingdom didn't have Pirates at first, but visitors wanted it and they got it. Each will have its small differences and I'm perfectly okay with it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I know you guys will disagree with this, but I think these parks have turned into a regional type of thing. The people on the East usually go to WDW and the people in the West go to DL. I think they're targeting this way…
    I completely understand what you're saying and I do agree to an extent. Porting popular attractions every now and then is totally fine. Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, and Muppet*Vision were all great additions to my home park, and the same works the opposite way. The problem here, though, is that they're not just porting over a popular attraction, they're trying to patch a whole land onto a park that doesn't really fit with that land. DHS is about an idealized version of Hollywood and the magic of the movies and you're adding on a small desert town in the middle of nowhere… it works in the vaguest sense that it's from a movie, but that's just the same kind of lazy connections that Disney has made with DHS attractions over the last several years.

As I said before, I would be okay with porting over Radiator Springs Racers if they could find a smart way to tie it in with the theming that already exists in the park (i.e. an expansion of Pixar Place), but copying the whole land screams laziness and desperation. Disney wants a quick fix instead of taking steps to do what's really right for the park.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    People will generally just go to their home park because it's closest.
    That's true. I go back east because WDW is a different experience and more of a vacation for me. I have a Premier Pass and wonder if it's common or not once off the boards. I don't think cloning more lands or areas would harm my trips, Epcot, DCA, and DAK are very unique. DHS certainly needs more and DAK as well. Expansion and refinement for DHS at any cost would be fine with me.

• Unhelpful User

Well why not. If Carsland works well at DCA then it will work well at WDW.

No I really don't! I'm a strong advocate for Hollywood Studios fixing its identity. It's so mish-mashed its unbelievable. I think there is so much potential for this park to have its own DCA-style renovation, and as I consider WDW to be my home park I want a reason to continue visiting it. & I want a different reason to visit Disneyland.
    -Tyler

The whole point of Car'sLand being California Adventure is that it is somewhat representing California History with Route 66. It seems to fit. I have never been to Disney Hollywood Studios but the idea of Car's Land being in that park would seem to crash a little.
    -JereJ23

• Minion

Ideally, no. It's not the best idea they've had in the past decade. However, it's not the worst, either. I'd prefer something original, but I also don't think it would make the park worse.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Well JL confirmed it for DHS in December

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

I understand that Cars is John Lasseter's baby but I really think that Disney pushes it a little too much. Personally I think that the Cars property is the weakest concept and worst movies of all the Pixar lineup. I'm sure that Carsland in CA is majestic in person but I'm not really excited about seeing it come to FL. If Hollywood Studios is to stick to its theme of movies and entertainment then I would rather see an expansion to the Pixar Place area with another attraction built off a different Pixar property. In addition, they could set aside some space to give people a look at how CGI movies are made and Pixar's approach to the movie making process.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySam View Post
    I understand that Cars is John Lasseter's baby but I really think that Disney pushes it a little too much. Personally I think that the Cars property is the weakest concept and worst movies of all the Pixar lineup. I'm sure that Carsland in CA is majestic in person but I'm not really excited about seeing it come to FL. If Hollywood Studios is to stick to its theme of movies and entertainment then I would rather see an expansion to the Pixar Place area with another attraction built off a different Pixar property. In addition, they could set aside some space to give people a look at how CGI movies are made and Pixar's approach to the movie making process.
    I disagree with that totally... that the Cars movies are the worst of PIXAR"S movies and weakest concepts. They're just fun movies to me.

What I would like to see Disney do is a Radiator Springs Racers ride themed to the World Grand Prix from Cars 2. They could put it where Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show is now. That way they wouldn't have to build Radiator Springs in there.

DHS needs a revamp like they did with the California Adventure recently. I would rather see a Star Wars land at this park rather than trimmed down version of Cars Land.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    Well why not. If Carsland works well at DCA then it will work well at WDW.
    And if merchandise sells well in the Emporium on Main Street, then that same merchandise should work well in Tomorrowland and Frontierland.

I want Disney to inspire me to travel to WDW from California. I don't mind a RSR at WDW--it's a very good ride. Just make it different in Florida, and not just cheaper.

And change EPCOT's Soarin' Over California film to a 3D Soarin' over America. (The other 49 states.)

The Phantom Manor and the dragon under the castle make me open to revisiting Disneyland Paris. Without differences I wouldn't bother.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast