Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 106
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Goofy Donald took the words right out of my mouth.
    Adding new vendors means more foot traffic, that means that Disney will have more people walking by company-owned stores. If they are planning something as big as this, I bet they have quite a few interested parties.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  2. #17

    • WDW 1975 / DLR 2000
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    More shopping. Awesome. Maybe they can put yet another DVC in there as well. Great call, Disney. Keep watching that bottom line.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    2,063

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    More shopping. Awesome. Maybe they can put yet another DVC in there as well. Great call, Disney. Keep watching that bottom line.
    Well hold on for a second. I think this has the potential to be a great addition for several reasons and isn't merely just an excuse to add more shops. first new shops aren't always a bad thing if i can get unique or interesting merchandise at those locations, and in recent history they have been doing a pretty good job of bringing in and creating unique shopping experiences for DTD. Second, giving DTD a more cohesive theme and design would be a nice addition that seems to be the case with this new change in mind, at the very least there wouldn't be such a strong contrast between the three pieces and more blend between the parts. third and most importantly, we should be seeing some form of nightlife returning to the island now that they would have a way to cut off access for the under-agers without making you walk through the parking lot. so over all im excited to see this.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    78

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    I'm not too wild about the name - "Disney Springs" seems rather bland and abstract to me. Plus, the Saratoga Springs resort is really a bit too far away to actually leverage the name of that resort for this area - not to mention the fact that most guests have no clue what Sarasota Springs resort is. They see it across the lagoon but aside from DVC owners, I don't think many people actually realize it's a Disney resort.

    If they make this area very national parky, leafy and environmental then I guess it might be OK but, honestly, is this the best they could come up with name-wise? Which "second string" Imagineers are working on this concept anyway?

  5. #20

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Has anyone been able to verify any of this, or is it just rumor and speculation?

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    I was wondering if there is any proposal for a new dance hall and comedy club as replacements for Pleasure Island and Adventurer's Club. It would seem like they need replacement attractions. I would like to see a large club that features a main dance hall and a few separate dance halls that feature rotating musical styles. While I didn't care much for Adventurer's Club, I do see a need for an intimate comedy club that features an unique theme. The comedy club will have a themed area for guests to enjoy drinks and bar food/appetizers with a rotating cast of characters. There will also be a main stage for hard ticketed events.

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Has anyone been able to verify any of this, or is it just rumor and speculation?
    I can confirm so,e of it from personal conversations i have had. Though some of this is out of left field and some parts are parts that I thought were canceled.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  8. #23

    • Mr Test Track
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD
    Posts
    105

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    My one and only concern about it is will that little road be able to handle all of the traffic going into the garage. That garage will be taking quite a few people to go in and I don't want to sit in traffic waiting to get into a garage in Disney World.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

    Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th


  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    2,063

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    My one and only concern about it is will that little road be able to handle all of the traffic going into the garage. That garage will be taking quite a few people to go in and I don't want to sit in traffic waiting to get into a garage in Disney World.
    unless you would have to pay to use it i doubt that there would be a line really, im sure they would also have attendants helping to direct people as well to keep things moving along. add to that the old parking that would still be available surrounding the west side and the majority of people using busses to get there and things should be fine parking wise.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    There already are parking attendants in DTD (yeah, makes ya wonder). I can't imagine them not using them when this garage is built.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  11. #26

    • formerly very helpful
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My new house in Southern California
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    They have a massive garage-zilla at Disneyland in California. The traffic there moves pretty well. And that includes stopping each car to pay. Such a system could work well here.

  12. #27

    • WDW 1975 / DLR 2000
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    How about some live entertainment?

  13. #28

    • WDW 1975 / DLR 2000
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Well hold on for a second. I think this has the potential to be a great addition for several reasons and isn't merely just an excuse to add more shops. first new shops aren't always a bad thing if i can get unique or interesting merchandise at those locations, and in recent history they have been doing a pretty good job of bringing in and creating unique shopping experiences for DTD. Second, giving DTD a more cohesive theme and design would be a nice addition that seems to be the case with this new change in mind, at the very least there wouldn't be such a strong contrast between the three pieces and more blend between the parts. third and most importantly, we should be seeing some form of nightlife returning to the island now that they would have a way to cut off access for the under-agers without making you walk through the parking lot. so over all im excited to see this.
    I hope you're right! There's no need for more generic Disney merchandise locations. Some new live performance offerings (similar to those at Epcot) would be welcome. This is a perfect opportunity to bring back the Adventurer's Club... but that's wishful thinking.

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    974

    Re: Replacement to PI?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    My one and only concern about it is will that little road be able to handle all of the traffic going into the garage. That garage will be taking quite a few people to go in and I don't want to sit in traffic waiting to get into a garage in Disney World.
    They have a two light system on a nearby casinos garage(Rivers) my buddy helped install it...it speeds up traffic ALOT as you don't have to drive up and down each row, the system can sense a car in the spot and turns a overhead light red, and green when the spots empty...

    great little idea someone had to make life easier...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    325

    Re: Possible DTD re-theme/expansion

    Wait so Planet Hollywood is going out of buisness?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! (merged threads)
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
  2. Disneyland Hideaways and rest spots (merged threads)
    By DOOMBUGGY45 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 09:52 PM
  3. Cafe Orleans Update (merged threads)
    By akfandisney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 12:10 PM
  4. What do you want to see with HM? (Merged threads)
    By lazyboy97O in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM
  5. Six Flags...more parade, more fireworks (Merged Threads)
    By TacAlert in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •