Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Replacement to PI? [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    "Dining with the Alligators" looks like the kind of features Disney should bring back.
    Just looking at that picture makes me cringe. I mean really who thought of that? They had to be out of their minds. You couldn't pay me enough to sit there with a gazillion alligators all ready to eat me.

• New Member Goes Forth

Sounds good, but I doubt that it will be built soon
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• New Member Goes Forth

It will be intersting to see what they do...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

So this will be completed by 2016 which means that it will have taken Disney 8 years to fix Pleasure Island from when they first closed it!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm responding to the part saying that they don't have these in warm climates.
    Have you been to Yellowstone and New Mexico? During the winter, it is cold there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    So this will be completed by 2016 which means that it will have taken Disney 8 years to fix Pleasure Island from when they first closed it!
    well i mean in phases right so technically if the pleasure is the first phase (which I'm assuming is most likely it will be) then it will probably be open some time 2014 roughly which would make it 6 years but still thats too long.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    well i mean in phases right so technically if the pleasure is the first phase (which I'm assuming is most likely it will be) then it will probably be open some time 2014 roughly which would make it 6 years but still thats too long.
    The first phase will be the construction of the parking garage on Westside. Which will be in 2015.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    It might be too long, but they were not making money. You can't keep operating at a loss. They took a long time. The economy tanked. The market has changed. Recovery has started. They decided a BIGGER fix than just a mere bandaid to Pleasure Island. This is worth the wait.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I think they should build they spring area first so they then will be able to close off PI and then they could still have the guest "flow" though the two other sides

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    It might be too long, but they were not making money. You can't keep operating at a loss. They took a long time. The economy tanked. The market has changed. Recovery has started. They decided a BIGGER fix than just a mere bandaid to Pleasure Island. This is worth the wait.
    this is a very valid point, i think we still could have received an update like this prior to the country's economic situation if it was instituted right after the area closed however i agree, once they reached that breaking point theres not much they could do. who knows maybe this situation is better since it should come out well into recovery and therefore significantly fill the exec pockets maybe suggesting that the extra effort to enhance the experience was worth it. a bit of a stretch i know but possible.

@eric where did you see the construction dates?

WDW needs stuff for adults to do at night when their theme parks close. And they close a lot earlier than at DL.

Its not fun when you leave a theme park around 8 or 9, and there is nothing to do. Also, I'd like to be able to get to DTD without having to transfer buses at a resort. And I definitely don't want to drive there.

• Tomorrow's Child

^If only they'd planned a monorail stop in this expansion/revision. Oh well, we can't have it all I guess.

Have to say I was mightily impressed with that projection technique on the model. Shame we couldn't see it in a bit more detail.

Generally speaking, the project looks decent enough, its just a pity that the AC would probably be deemed "too quirky" for The Landing, where in reality, if they are doing an area of Over 21's entertainment the AC and Mannequins could probably fit in quite nicely.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Would be cool if they could build a lazy river for live alligators. Just sayin'

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Would be cool if they could build a lazy river for live alligators. Just sayin'
    lol i dunno when i think 'peaceful spring area built up into a thriving metropolitan Florida community' i don't think 'vicious alligator moat' but thats just me.

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    ^If only they'd planned a monorail stop in this expansion/revision. Oh well, we can't have it all I guess.
    I wouldn't be so sure that it's not coming... Phases are a wonderful thing, y'know?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast