Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Parents last trip to WDW..help me make it special!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You can do that at DL, not WDW.
    do they not let you do these things anymore? My daughter has ridden with the train conductor before. And my mother loves riding in the front of the monorail...I'd hate for her not to be able to do it.

Unfortunately, they no longer allow guests to sit in the conductor "cabin" in WDW Monorails. I'm honestly not sure why, but it is unfortunate.

If your mom wants to do Chef Mickeys, then yeah, totally do it. There's plenty to eat and a large enough variety that even picky eaters can get their fill. I will say be prepared to be eating breakfast for 45 minutes to an hour though, that's about how long it takes for the characters to fully circulate. I personally know my own grandmother enjoys "it's a small world". I dunno if your folks are like her, but it's worth mentioning, especially due to how different it is from Disneyland's version. Nothing major I guess but enough to warrant a ride.

I'd also suggest getting seating for Be Our Guest but... the chances of that seem pretty slim sadly, they seem to book up all the good times minutes after the day opens up for reservations.

Are you planning on doing anything other than the Magic Kingdom? If you are, definitely consider taking time to meander along the animal trails in Animal Kingdom. They're often overlooked but very fun. Same with the various gardens at Epcot and the Seas at Epcot- might wanna skip the ride part of the Seas though if you're only doing one day per park. It's basically just a watered down version of the sub ride at DL from what I've heard.

As far as anything special, it really all depends on what your parents like/enjoy. For instance, throwing out something wild and wacky here, if they like dinosaurs, definitely try eating at T-Rex at DTD. It never books up too horribly much and there's enough menu variety that you can all get a great meal.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    do they not let you do these things anymore? My daughter has ridden with the train conductor before. And my mother loves riding in the front of the monorail...I'd hate for her not to be able to do it.
    dont quote me on it but im pretty sure they changed the rules after that big monorail crash that killed a guy a few years back.

I don't know how well your parents get around physically. I like to resort hop. The monorail takes you to three resorts. But, my favorites are AK Nd Wilderness Lodge. While touring resorts, we have lunch at one of them. Afternoon tea is served at GF. Lite eating and a chance to rest. Enjoy your trip. Oh, I rent an ECV at the parks. They are quite expensive, but most of the time a necessity.

Unless your folks want to run around and do all of the attractions again for old time's sake I would just relax and go at a snail's pace and enjoy everything. Soak it all up and enjoy the atmosphere. I am guessing your folks are older and might prefer that. My parents are 68 and 64 and while both are active, healthy and still work longer hours than I would at that age the truth is anything can happen to your health at that age and you never know when it will hit you.

You have all been SO much help! Thank you. We are deciding to take it slow....we are buying the 4 day park hopper military tickets but also buying a one day regular ticket. That will give up 1 whole day for each park and an additional day to go back and hit anything we've missed.

I hate hearing they don't let you sit in the front of the monorail..that was always a favorite part for my mom. I think her favorite ride IS the monorail. Haha. Dad's is IASW.

Thank you all again!

Any more tips or info..I'd LOVE to hear it

• Under that tree again!

You can not ride on the tenders, with the engineer at WDW but can at DLR. For a few year now you can not ride in the tail or nose of the WDW Monorail but still may in DLR. Not sure about riding with the conductor at WDW.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Does anyone know if they still do the segway tours in Epcot? I can't find anything about it online.

• Under that tree again!

Does anyone know if they still do the segway tours in Epcot? I can't find anything about it online.

Segway Tours Cancelled???
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

thank you SO much Swampy! I couldn't find any info on the website. I'll keep an eye open..maybe they'll start it again. I know my Dad would love that tour...he's fascinated with the segways. LOL

Has anyone taken the train tour? Maybe he could do that if the Segway tour doesn't start back up

Hi folks! It's been 4 years since our last trip to WDW, and we are planning to go back in Sept. Since we live on the West Coast now, I've been paying more attention to DL than WDW...so, I need your help! We are taking this trip because of my parents. Both are elderly, and have said that they wished they could go to WDW one more time. Because of events that have happened in the past year, we believe this may be our final opportunity for that trip. Now you see why I want to do EVERYTHING I can to make it extra special.

If there are any ideas, suggestions, tips or info...please let me know. I'm especially interested in any parties/events that save you time and give you great viewing spots for shows

We've done the Wishes dessert party before...but it was so long ago..we'd love any new info about it.

My mom wants to do Chef Mickey's breakfast again...is it still good? Are there any better character breakfasts? We've done the Princess in Epcot, Pooh at Crystal Plaza and Ohana...which is your favorite?

Thanks guys...I really appreciate any help you can give me. I've gone from knowing my way around...to being clueless.
    Jikos for a fantastic unique adult dining experience. Hands down my favorite restaurant on property.

You can place an ADR for California Grill at Contempory for around the time of the Magic Kingdom fireworks, and watch the fireworks from there as you dine.

Chef Mickey's is a pretty good character breakfast, I prefer Ohana, though Tuskar House Character Breakfast at Animal Kingdom is my favorite character meal.

I'd check out Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge for a meal. Be sure to have one of your parents ask for Ketchup.

The Hoop de Doo Musical Revue at Ft. Wilderness is fun, and worth checking out. Your parents would probably enjoy it.
    1982 - Contemporary (1 week), 1987 - Visit (2 weeks, offsite), 1988 - Visit (1 week, offsite), 1989 - Visit (3 weeks, offsite), 1990 - Visit (5 weeks, offsite), 1991 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1992 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite)
    1993 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1994 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1995 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12