Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Parents last trip to WDW..help me make it special!

Hi folks! It's been 4 years since our last trip to WDW, and we are planning to go back in Sept. Since we live on the West Coast now, I've been paying more attention to DL than WDW...so, I need your help! We are taking this trip because of my parents. Both are elderly, and have said that they wished they could go to WDW one more time. Because of events that have happened in the past year, we believe this may be our final opportunity for that trip. Now you see why I want to do EVERYTHING I can to make it extra special.

If there are any ideas, suggestions, tips or info...please let me know. I'm especially interested in any parties/events that save you time and give you great viewing spots for shows

We've done the Wishes dessert party before...but it was so long ago..we'd love any new info about it.

My mom wants to do Chef Mickey's breakfast again...is it still good? Are there any better character breakfasts? We've done the Princess in Epcot, Pooh at Crystal Plaza and Ohana...which is your favorite?

Thanks guys...I really appreciate any help you can give me. I've gone from knowing my way around...to being clueless.

Re: Parents last trip to WDW..help me make it special!

Last May when I went with my mom we took the private boat ride to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the lagoon. This was a great way to end our trip. The whole trip lasts about a hour. Loved it. Hope this helps.

I forgot about that!!!! I checked it out a few years ago, but we didn't have the time. That is a great idea! Thank you

• Under that tree again!

I'd suggest doing a breakfast early, before the park opens, because it's nice to walk into the empty park.

Perhaps do a guided tour. I enjoyed the Behind the Steam, tour of the MK roundhouse and trains. There are a lot of tours you can choose from.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Good idea about the train tour. I didn't know there was one. My dad is a BIG fan of the trains..thanks!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Another vote for an early buffet in the parks before park open. Tusker House in DAK has a great breakfast buffet, and they usually open at least an hour before the rest of the park. Very very cool to walk through the park with almost no one around!

Oo thanks, Danyoung. I didn't know they had one! That would be a fun way to start the day!

I would definitely set them up for Dinner at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridan; Truly a unique dining experience. If you are looking for packages that bypass lines, look into the Fantasmic Package:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ining-package/

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I do not know when you are planning to go, but nighttime dinner at California Grille and fireworks from the restaurant balcony was one of my favorite Disney experiences ever- in any park- and in all the years I've visited WDW, DL, and DLRP.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

thank you both....both are great suggestions. I'm going to talk things over with them..see what they'd like to do.

I guess a lot depends on your length of stay at the World. How long would you be there? If I was taking a "last trip" to WDW, I would like about 2 weeks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

What is your LOS and how much are you willing to spend?

Because if you are looking for an all out memory vacation, that will include some intimate moments there are some great suggestions I can give if money really isn't a factor.

However there are standard things like a horse carriage ride at Fort Wilderness

Boat tour

A morning fishing expedition

Desert Party at MK

Desert Party at Epcot

in the Money is no object... Desert Party on the Great Movie ride in OZ (surprisingly affordable for something so extravagant)

You can also rent a lot of the VIP lounges at Epcot (like at the American Adventure Pavilion) where you can watch the fireworks in a secluded area.

You can do the Luau at the Polynesian

You can do Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

We've done the luau before...I thought we'd do it this time, but my mom said she'd prefer to do Chef Mickey's.

I would LOVE to do the dessert party at MK...we've done it before too, but my parents weren't with us. The problem with that is...my mom can't eat chocolate. Is there a variety on the buffet of other things that she could eat?

The tours are great i did a behind the scenes one when you went into the tunnels under Magic Kingdom.

Another nice free thing to do is take the launch from the Polynesian or Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom (or vice versa). It's a nice ride and often you have the boat to yourself which makes it special.

Also if your father likes trains ask if you can ride with the engineer or the front of the monorail - that's something I'd like to do!

ive no idea what they can do but maybe if you talk to someone at Disney they could suggest some other things you could do

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    Also if your father likes trains ask if you can ride with the engineer or the front of the monorail - that's something I'd like to do!
    You can do that at DL, not WDW.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast