• formerly very helpful

Favorite Low-Key Memory

It's been such a long time since I've been to WDW, that I really, REALLY miss it. However, when I think about the great memories that come up, I'm often not remembering the attractions themselves.
    For me, one of my favorite memories involved just me pushing my daughter in her stroller around the lake at our resort, the Coronado Springs Resort.

For me, that captured all the emotions of the trip, and that memory sometimes gets me through some "un-Disney" experiences here in Reality Land.

Please share some of your favorite memories that may not be so high profile as the 100th ride on Expedition Everest, or something.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Favorite Low-Key Memory

It was 1997. My grandson was 4. He was standing on a garbage can on Main Street, and I was holding on to him, so he wouldn't fall off. It was night. The Spectromagic Parade was showing. When I saw the very last float in the parade, and saw Jiminy Cricket, I felt a rush of joy. It was a magical moment for me, as Jiminy Cricket has always been my hero.

Fast forward to 2003. My grandson is 10. We just finished lunch in the castle. My grandson and his mom had preceded me down the winding staircase as I paid the check. When I reach the bottom, the vision of my grandson dancing with Cinderella was priceless. Memories not captured on film, but forever in my head and heart.

Then seeing Jiminy Cricket by chance during the Christmas Season in 2008, after something told me not to walk down Main Street, but to turn around instead. My picture/autograph moment had finally arrived after 11 years of hoping for it.

• Under that tree again!

A long time ago, maybe in the 80s or 90's I remember looking back from the ferry at the reflection of lights from the MK in the wake. It was like the grand finale of that visit, picturesque credits.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I was at EPCOT, World Showcase. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the temp was nice and warm, but not too hot. We had a dinner reservation but it wasn't for a while. So to kill time we walked around the lake. My wife and my mother in law stopping at every store/shop to find that perfect something to bring back to her "grand niece and nephew".

Me? I was strolling along, with out a care in the world, a Bass Ale in one hand, a warm pretzel in the other. What could be better?

• formerly very helpful

Sounds great. Too often, it seems, people are so preoccupied with collecting as many rides as possible, that they forget to slow down and savor the ambiance.

When we were in Epcot in 2006, we stopped by the United Kingdom pavilion when we started hearing a Beatles cover band playing. But the best part was not listening to the music (which was very good), but watching my then-3-year-old daughter "rock out" spontaneously to the music.

And she still loves the Beatles.

I have many of those memories. I think my favorite , for some reason, was on a solo visit, i had finished a long contract, and hadnt figured out what was next in my horizon, i sat on a bench along the walkway to Tommarowland, and just sat looking at the plants. I remember, i couldnt quit smiling......lol