• Under that tree again!

Is this a sign that they are clearing the way to build Avatarland?

Mickey and Minnie have been moved to a new meet and great locations.

Meet Mickey and Minnie at the New Adventurers Outpost in Disney’s Animal Kingdom « Disney Parks Blog
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Re: Is this a sign that they are clearing the way to build Avatarland?

Could be a sign. Could also be getting the boss and his girl to a more central, front and center location. We will see.

• Minion

I hope not. The more I've thought about it, the more I really don't want to see Avatar land at Disney, particularly Animal Kingdom...or any theme park really.

• Minion

i would say definitely not. Mickey and Minnie are just getting a more permanent and individual meet and greet as opposed to the shuttered CS food stand that is currently shuttered. all other meet and greets are still commencing on the character trails and festival of the lion king is still scheduled at regular showtimes. reading the rest of the article and comments puts a definitive nail through your theory. most likely if they were to even truly commence with Avatar they would do as much work as possible in all the land that is currently backstage before they even thought of closing down camp minnie mickey considering its home to one of the largest and most efficient meet and greet spots in the resort and one of the resort's most popular shows.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I swear, the land could be built, done, guest visiting and people here will STILL be in denial that it is happening. And the more people here don't want this, the more I want it!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I swear, the land could be built, done, guest visiting and people here will STILL be in denial that it is happening. And the more people here don't want this, the more I want it!
    But it hasn't yet and is continually pushed back and relatively untouched purely in the conceptualization stage. it should have at least broken ground already since they've had the property for so long. when ground breaks regardless of my feelings on the project itself ill totally agree its coming, until that happens your speculating just as much as anyone else.

I'm beginning to think that Disney's interest in Avatar and "Avatarland" had/has a lot more to do with keeping Universal from having it than anyone will care to admit.

That said, I question the translation and appeal of Avatar within a theme-park environment.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes and no. This meet and greet move was specifically done because of Avatar.

Though it doesn't mean the land is moving forward any time soon... Lion King's move was pushed back indefinitely.
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Though it doesn't mean the land is moving forward any time soon... Lion King's move was pushed back indefinitely.
    Not to mention permits were recently filed to instal FastPass+ equipment at the current location.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Not to mention permits were recently filed to instal FastPass+ equipment at the current location.
    Eh, that means nothing. Anything that is a draw, save for the teacups, is getting Fastpass+. It rolls out far too soon to not get it, plus that equipment is easy to move.

I'm not saying Lion King is going somewhere right away, I'm just saying that traditional Disney logic... aka not investing in something that is about to change... does not apply to any project related to NextGen, especially Fastpass+. NextGen has been handed essentially a blank check to "spend whatever it takes" to make it work.

If you're a manager at Disney and you want a project done, call a buddy in NextGen and get NextGen to sponsor it.
    -Bill