Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: If you could bring back one ride...

Quote Originally Posted by wsiirola View Post
    What was the original Journey into Imagination like? I went on the newer version of the ride on Sunday and thought it was a waste of time? No wonder why it never has a line.
    It was very cool, for the times......
    Vanished World of Disney 8 - Journey into Imagination - YouTube

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    like i say everytime this subject comes up......the sky way !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uisn7xungu
    ditto!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Duffydear View Post
    I secretly really miss Body Wars. It seems like Epcot's rides are always the first to go.
    Me too.We were @ WDW in Dec.1989 and loved it,as well as most of EPCOT. didn't get bak till 2000 and it was gone.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

This really isn't bringing one back as much as it is fixing it but I'd like to see EE's Disco Yeti at DAK moving again. I was there on opening day and got to see it actually moving and it was incredible. I understand the problems are structural so we'll most likealy have Disco Yeti for some time now. But I can still hope they can somehow bring back the world's largest animatronic back to life again.

This is totally a cop-out answer. But I wish ALL extinct attractions (and shows) were still there. I want to enjoy "If you had wings," then go next door and ride Dreamflight. I want to watch Magic Journeys and stay in my seat and experience Captain EO. I wish they would only add. but never subtract.

If money weren't an object, WDW certainly has plenty of space. But, unfortunately, money is nothing but. This dream isn't practical. But dreams seldom are.

If I had to make a list, however, it would include:

World of Motion
    Horizons
    Kitchen Kabaret
    Mike Fink Keelboats
    Circlevision 360
    Journey into Imagination
    Spaceship Earth: Tomorrow's Child
    Magic Journeys including pre-show Making Memories
    Spirit of America parade (personal reasons) and heck; while we're at it the 15 years of Magic parade
    America the musical

These aren't everything I wish were still there. But if I were given the corporate checkbook, these would be pretty high on the list.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

I'm certain it has been mentioned and there are probably better past attractions that could come back to the park. However if it was me calling the shots I think I would bring back Alien-Encounter.

Yes I know that the reactions to this one were always mixed, in fact it might be the most love-it-or-hate-it attraction that Disney has ever produced, but Stitch's Great Escape seems to be so universally hated that it's existence has almost become a black mark on the entire property.

Since most of the backlash towards SGE seems to come from parents of small children, who mistakenly believe that it is for kids (Due to the movie license), it makes sense that a more obviously adult theme might then eliminate some of that criticism.

Going to the parks in the 1990's I remember my Dad having the same reaction to Alien-Encounter as he did to Tower of Terror, namely: "I'm not taking you on that, it's obvious that it's not an attraction for kids and that it will mortify you!"

Basically the cartoon theme of Stitch's Great Escape makes it like a Trojan horse for unsuspecting parents and I'm sure has ruined more than one trip by making the scared kids in question not want to do any other attractions.

P.S. I know Disney is probably just going to replace this with another attraction sometime soon, but I thought it was worth a mention.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

OMG it was the best attraction ever. Please watch!
    Journey into Imagination - Ultimate Tribute - YouTube

Dreamflight was my favorite as a kid. I'd love to experience that again

Answer to main question: Horizons.

Answer to one of the other questions: Of COURSE Wonders of Life is salvageable. It just can't be "monetized" by the uncreative, money-obsessed executives at Disney -- they can't figure out a film-based concept to put in there that will attract sponsor money and pay for the expense, so they have turned it into a "hospitality suite" for their own events much of the year. What they've done to Epcot is nothing short of depressing and shameful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234