Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WDW College Program Applicants Support Thread

Have you applied for the Walt Disney World College Program?
    Have you interviewed already?
    What is the status of your application?

My interviews went really well, and I received an email stating that my application was pending and that they would get back to me by April 19th at the latest. I have been checking my email frequently and it seems like I've been waiting forever even though its only been since February 14th.

So if you are going crazy with waiting, this can be your support group. Please post your experiences, thoughts, and any updates you receive. I will do the same.
    thanks
    Bespinally

Re: WDW College Program Applicants Support Thread

Hi,
    I'm bumping this thread back to the top to give it one more chance to see if anyone wants to respond. I am still waiting to hear back. It has been 12 days now since my interview. Is this average?

Once you've been pended, most people tend to have to wait the full length of that time. I was pended for Spring 2013 and had to wait from September until December 12th.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

UGH. They told me I'd hear something within 2-3 weeks...2 weeks ago today. The suspense is killing me! But then the email I got said the same thing yours did: April 19th. So...but I know someone who applied to DLR heard within 1 week about his acceptance, so...I'm trying not to hold my breath anymore. But it sure would be nice to know!

Anyway, good luck to you!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Just wanted to voice my experience:
    I applied the very day applications opened up, filled out the online interview, and within an hour i'd been scheduled for an interview the following Wednesday (February 13th). I noted high interest in Attractions, medium interest in entertainment, and low to no interest about everywhere else (Nothing against anyone who has interest or is cast in any of the other areas, it's just that, were I to take a semester off from college, I'd want to be working as either Entertainment or Attractions (emphasis on the latter)).
    Interview went really well, perhaps 10-15 minutes in length. I said how I'd been going to the Disney parks almost every year since I was 5, and that I'd wanted to do this for years. And at the end I got a chance to tell the interviewer my dream role: working for The Great Movie Ride (it's been my absolute favorite ride since I was little, and getting to be a tour guide for that ride would be my absolute Disney Dream).
    Waited a tense two and a half weeks, then last Friday morning I got my e-mail: accepted for Attractions!
    Will be there from August 5th-January 3rd, words cannot express my excitement!
    Best of luck to everyone who applies, and I hope to see you down there this summer!

bmwpjager, LadyNimrodelle, lego606, thanks for responding to the thread. It means a lot to me to hear what others are going through. While this is not the only opporunity that I am working toward, it is one of my dreams to do this program before I begin working in the world of accounting.

bmwpjager - I am glad to hear that you got the position that you wanted. Congratulations!

LadyNimrodelle - Don't give up. Keep your head up. We will both know by April 19th. I expect to hear back about your final results and I will share mine as well.

lego606 - thanks for the information. I appreciate the heads up.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpjager View Post
    Just wanted to voice my experience:
    I applied the very day applications opened up, filled out the online interview, and within an hour i'd been scheduled for an interview the following Wednesday (February 13th). I noted high interest in Attractions, medium interest in entertainment, and low to no interest about everywhere else (Nothing against anyone who has interest or is cast in any of the other areas, it's just that, were I to take a semester off from college, I'd want to be working as either Entertainment or Attractions (emphasis on the latter)).
    Interview went really well, perhaps 10-15 minutes in length. I said how I'd been going to the Disney parks almost every year since I was 5, and that I'd wanted to do this for years. And at the end I got a chance to tell the interviewer my dream role: working for The Great Movie Ride (it's been my absolute favorite ride since I was little, and getting to be a tour guide for that ride would be my absolute Disney Dream).
    Waited a tense two and a half weeks, then last Friday morning I got my e-mail: accepted for Attractions!
    Will be there from August 5th-January 3rd, words cannot express my excitement!
    Best of luck to everyone who applies, and I hope to see you down there this summer!
    I hope you get to work at GMR. I was there for 2.5 years, and absolutely LOVED it (still pick up shifts every so often)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Here is my experience.

In September 2011 I applied for the spring program. I had my interview and everything and they said you'll hear back from us within two weeks. That two weeks went by and nothing! I also had a friend apply and she heard back within the two weeks so I had just lost hope and signed up for classes for the next semester. However I kept receiving emails asking if I was still interested. Even though hope was lost I still said yes! Then finally December rolls around (December 17 to be exact) and I get an email. I made it and had to be there February 1!! I had to drop all my classes, which the school actually marked me as a drop out... Weird. Even though I told them it was for an internship. While I was out there I met someone who was my schools college rep. I hadn't ever heard anything from him! The whole time I was applying! Not a single email said meet with your college rep. He even said that Disney never even contacted him about me like they did with everyone else. More weird... Anyway. My point is to keep your chin up. Everyone I know who did not get it actually heard within the week of their interviews. So odds could be in your favor and since you haven't received a yes or no automatically in your two weeks I would bet you go it!

My boyfriend just applied for the spring in program in February. His interview was march and he too was told he would hear back in two weeks but never did. So he called them last week and they told him they're sending out more replies April 18. Maye it's he same for y'all.

Anyway. Keep us posted and if you have any questions go ahead and ask me. let us know what y'all get

I am glad to see that this post is still active. I originally thought more "wait listers" would be on here waiting impatiently and chatting it up.

Bighairclair, your post really cheered me up. I will definitely let everyone know what I hear on April 19th!.

Thanks again to everyone who posted. And best of luck pursuing your dreams as well!

I got my email on Friday, my "CONGRATULATIONS" email. yAy! Now I didn't get my first choice role, I was chosen for a position in Merchandise at a rate of pay that made me shudder (less than minimum wage in California, yikes!) so I did a lot of budget work and ended up having to beg my mother to subsidize me on this internship.

Bottom line, I accepted my offer late last night - I'm going, it's going to be a struggle, but I'm super excited to have the opportunity!

Good luck to you bespinally! I hope to see you in August!

So it appears to be official that I am "no longer in consideration." That is what my dashboard says, though I have not received any email to update me. I don't know why it took so long to tell me that. Oh well. I don't know what I could have done differently. It is rather discouraging.

oh, that sucks bespinally! I'm sorry!!! And here I was hoping for an MC friend in FL...
    It's the worst when you don't know what went wrong. What roles were you hoping for?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Aww LadyNimrodelle, I'll be your friend in Florida. I live here. And BTW, merchandise is awesome. You'll love it. As far as the pay rate being pretty low... the cost of living in Florida is also much lower than in California. It averages out. And there is no state income tax here.

And bespinally, I'm sorry you didn't get picked. Best of luck in the future!
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Aww LadyNimrodelle, I'll be your friend in Florida. I live here. And BTW, merchandise is awesome. You'll love it. As far as the pay rate being pretty low... the cost of living in Florida is also much lower than in California. It averages out. And there is no state income tax here.

And bespinally, I'm sorry you didn't get picked. Best of luck in the future!
    Hi Bill! yAy friends! I feel a little awkward about the living situation - I'll be 31, most everyone else will be 21, so no one wants to room with me :sigh:

Out of curiosity, what is awesome about merchandise? Not to say it isn't awesome, just wondered what made you say it...

As to the COL being lower...that's great, but my bills are based on my current, California salary. They don't get lower because I live in FL...but good to know, nonetheless - I may have some money left over from what mom gives me for food, which will be welcome.

• Characters are my friends

I did merchandise on my first CP. It was fun! I loved my location, getting to see the fireworks every night, and there was a lot of guest interaction
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast