• Dreams do come true

It's wedding and WDW HONEYMOON year....suggestions?

I really can't contain my excitement and it's not even until November. But let me share some details and fill you in. We are getting married at Disneyland then from there we are flying to WDW which the fiance and I have never been to. We will only have the time to do a park a day before venturing off on the Disney Cruise (I'm so lucky he loves Disney as much as I do) so please if you have any suggestions I am completely open. I have picked the parks on certain days based on park hours and what we want to do. We placed MK last since it will be a nice way to end that part of the trip in a park similar to our Disneyland home.

11/10 Sunday Animal Kingdom
    11/11 Monday Epcot (also note it's Veterans day) I'm hoping crowds won't be too crazy but either way we mostly plan on "Drinking around the world"
    11/12 Tuesday Hollywood Studios- dinner at Sci-Fi drive in and dessert at the 50s diner
    11/13 Wednesday Magic Kingdom - we plan on getting either breakfast or lunch at Cinderellas Royal Table and dinner at Be Our Guest.

Just to give my whole life story we are staying at the Doubletree near Downtown Disney. Again completely open to suggestions, we are also thinking about wear just married T-Shirts to keep packing light...tacky, cute what do you think?

• Under that tree again!

Re: It's wedding and WDW HONEYMOON year....suggestions?

This sounds great, you are stealing my ideal Disney Marriage idea, resort-resort-cruise.

While you want long hours, you also want to avoid the park hosting EMH. The park(s) with EMH have the worst crowds. You might consider using park hoppers to get some of both worlds.

The Monday will be the last day of Food and Wine in Epcot, and as such I suspect it will be a bit busier than normal. It's also a shame that you only have one day for Epcot, it's huge and has so much to see, it may be one to hop to for another few hours.

You should get some bride and groom mouse ears. T shirt shounds just fine. Remember some pirate costume items for the cruise.

Regarding the DoubleTree, is this because you want a cheap suite, or have hilton points? You may want to stay in a Disney Resort. For a honeymoon the simple Disney Magical Express, and baggage service is very nice. The onsite transport will be a little better too. Complicating this is the cruise element of your visit.

Are you renting a car? There are some advantages of using a car rather than Disney to get to the port.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This sounds great, you are stealing my ideal Disney Marriage idea, resort-resort-cruise.
    Well once you have your fantasy marriage I will give you all the tips needed.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While you want long hours, you also want to avoid the park hosting EMH. The park(s) with EMH have the worst crowds. You might consider using park hoppers to get some of both worlds.

The Monday will be the last day of Food and Wine in Epcot, and as such I suspect it will be a bit busier than normal. It's also a shame that you only have one day for Epcot, it's huge and has so much to see, it may be one to hop to for another few hours.

You should get some bride and groom mouse ears. T shirt shounds just fine. Remember some pirate costume items for the cruise.

Regarding the DoubleTree, is this because you want a cheap suite, or have hilton points? You may want to stay in a Disney Resort. For a honeymoon the simple Disney Magical Express, and baggage service is very nice. The onsite transport will be a little better too. Complicating this is the cruise element of your visit.

Are you renting a car? There are some advantages of using a car rather than Disney to get to the port.
    Hmm do I have to wait till the park hours are released to know what days/parks will have the EMH?

I've never been to Food and Wine festival so that's exciting. If we can fit park hopper into the budget I think we really might consider it, or at least for one day.

We are staying at Doubletree because I'm a Hilton employee and I get amazing rates. From the airport we will fork over the cash for a cab however to the port we are getting a luxury sedan to arrive much earlier then the Disney bus plus we've never had a driver like that and we thought it would "add" to the experience.

Is Veterans day typically busy?

At Downtown Disney there is a shirt making shop. You can make your own just married shirts when you arrive. So you can pack even lighter and make a fun souvenir.

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    At Downtown Disney there is a shirt making shop. You can make your own just married shirts when you arrive. So you can pack even lighter and make a fun souvenir.
    Smart thinking! We are packing 9 days into 2 carry on suitcases, I hate checking bags after working at a hotel and seeing so many guests missing luggage.

• i believe in faeries.

how exciting!
    i love how you are planning a whole 3 degrees of disney surrounding your wedding... i couldn't even get dh to consider the parks as a honeymoon, lol! i think the 'just married' t shirts are a very cute idea, as well as the mouse ears (they have a really cute top hat and bride veil). now i don't know if they still do this, but when i got married in 2009, i had read in an online wedding forum about sending invitations to people of power (the president... or mickey mouse, for example ) and you receive a little something in return. i recieved a certificate that the 'government apporoves this marriage' (it is super cute) but the best was being sent 'just married' buttons and an autographed 8x10 of mickey and minnie! there was something else in that package too, but i forget if it was coupons, etc. it is just something fun that most ppl don't know about! and, chances are, if you get hitched in mickey's land, and he has an invitation, he might make a guest appearance!

your plans sound fantastic! please update us with a trip/wedding report in november! and congrats!!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kaylas View Post
    Well once you have your fantasy marriage I will give you all the tips needed.

Hmm do I have to wait till the park hours are released to know what days/parks will have the EMH?

I've never been to Food and Wine festival so that's exciting. If we can fit park hopper into the budget I think we really might consider it, or at least for one day.

We are staying at Doubletree because I'm a Hilton employee and I get amazing rates. From the airport we will fork over the cash for a cab however to the port we are getting a luxury sedan to arrive much earlier then the Disney bus plus we've never had a driver like that and we thought it would "add" to the experience.

Is Veterans day typically busy?

Thanks for clearing that up and the offer for help.

You can go by last year's hours, but thing can change, so just be ready to adjust. When you are 6 months out check them. Also there is a site, I done't have the link but it's called Steve Soars, and he republished a very organized page of hours and entertainment. Now that I've though of it you just might catch a lot of Holiday decorations. I like the lights in DHS the best.

Since you are going by private car, you have flexibility. Want another park day, get to the port late. Want more time on the boat, get to the port early. If you like to drink, you can carry on liqour, so maybe stop for some champagne,or anything else. Also soda or water if you think you will need some in your stateroom. If you drink wine picking up a corscrew(one from home won't likely make it through airport security), is handy. You room porter can open your wine for you, but there is a rarely enforced corkage fee.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.