Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Feedback on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

I'm going for the first time this October and wanted to hear about some of your experiences and thoughts on the party.

Is it fun for adults? Can Adults trick or treat and recieve candy etc.?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Feedback on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

It's for all ages. You can wear costumes to the park, where as this is normally prohibited for non children. You can collect pounds of candy. It's very fun to look at costumes for adults and to dress up. The parade and fireworks are fun too.

If you enjoy Halloween it's something to do. If you had children with you I would definitely suggest it. If not I could not say surely go, more that it's an option.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

We've been to the one at WDW...three times, I think. We had such a good time every time we went. The parade is THE best one, IMHO, that the park does. (when you go find a space to watch the parade, get there about 30 mins early...the Headless Horseman rides through the parade route before it starts). Definitely wear costumes, if at all possible. Half he fun is seeing what everyone is wearing.

I love party SO much....when we were planning our WDW trip for this year, I said we HAVE to go during the MNSSHP timeframe. Cause if I was flying clear across the states to go to WDW...there was NO way I was gonna miss the party.

Adults can trick or treat for candy..they give you bags as you walk into the park. Just follow the costume rules...nothing that can get stepped on, or stuck in rides...no full face masks, etc.

It's a great time. I totally suggest it whether you have kids or not.

• Minion

My favorite theme park event anywhere (besides Halloween Horror Nights). It really is the best parade Disney does and the candy is such a fun little perk. The crowds are also very manageable and having the Magic Kingdom seemingly empty is so nice in itself. I would definitely recommend going, and although I don't dress up, my family enjoys it and it's a riot seeing what other people come as.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've been the last two years and had a lot of fun. I don't dress up, but my Duffy bear did (last year he was Captain EO and cast members and guests alike were going totally nuts over him) and got TONS of candy. I think we hit every spot in the whole park this last time. I had candy for at least a month (even after I picked out most of the chocolates to give to my boyfriend since I don't care for it much and he loves it). I suggest bringing your own bag for candy (the ones they give you when you enter the park are TINY). Last year I brought a reusable bag I got at the dollar store.

The parade is a lot of fun (go to the 2nd parade as it's less crowded). Just beware the song WILL get stuck in your head for the rest of the night. LOL! Catch the Villains Mix & Mingle show in front of the castle too. It's short but nicely done.

Also, even though the party doesn't officially start until 7pm, you can enter the park with your party ticket starting at 4pm.

I absolutely recommend it! I've been to the Magic Kingdom version three years in a row and just spent this past year at the Disneyland one.
    Its a magically, spooky night, perfect for adults and kids alike. My favorite part? The costumes. If you're a Disney fan, most costumes are Disney-themed and its a hoot to people watch. And as a avid costumer, its the opportunity to explore those less-well-known costumes and have fellow party-goers not only recognize your work, but express their appreciation! I'd love to do a Haunted Mansion themed costume with my boyfriend this year!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally I recommend experiencing ALL of the Halloween Parties in Central Florida here is my list of best to .... not as best:

1. Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando
    2. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom
    3. Shamu's Halloween Spooktacular at SeaWorld
    4. Halloscream at Busch Gardens
    5. Brick or Treat at Legoland
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    4. Halloscream at Busch Gardens
    It's Howl-O-Scream.

I went last year for the first time and we had a blast!

Name:  11-7-12-download1132.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  52.1 KB

This is my wife and I. The kids 24-26 went as "Tony Stark" (with a home made arc reactor glowing thru his shirt), a pokemon character, and the best pirate you ever saw (everyone thought he was a Disney "Jack").

The parade and fireworks shows are awesome, and they have "Trick or Treat" stations up all over the park.

it's a blast. Me and my friends do Halloween Horror Nights and Mickys every year. I also recommend going in costume to Mickys. Also you MUST watch the parade it's one of the best they do..

• Sock Puppet

I saw where someone mentioned that you can't wear full faced masks. What about face paint covering your entire face?

• Sock Puppet

Where should i be in the park to see the headless Horseman?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Headless Horseman starts the parade, so be there a few minutes before (you'll need to be there early to get a good spot anyway, I recommend Liberty Square across from Sleepy Hollow - appropriate and a good view!) We did it a few years ago before our son was born and loved it! Did the trick or treating no problem and the parade and fireworks are definitely worth it! We also got some great character shots, like the 7 dwarves together!

Also, remember you can get into the park as early as usually 4PM, even if the party starts at 7.

We're hoping to go back for the Christmas party one year with our son, and of course Halloween too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
    Where should i be in the park to see the headless Horseman?
    Ideally on a straight, or long stretch of the parade route. Main Street is what I like best.

Quote Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
    I saw where someone mentioned that you can't wear full faced masks. What about face paint covering your entire face?
    Your eyes need to be visible. This is for your safety.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Your eyes need to be visible. This is for your safety.
    Incorrect. At least for children anyway. My kids have worn full masks...one year my son wore a full hood with a black mask covering his face with little glowing red lights (think a Jawa from Star Wars). He was fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast