View Poll Results: Best themed hotel at WDW?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

19 45.24%
  • Disney's Beach Club / Yacht Club / BoardWalk

7 16.67%
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort

2 4.76%
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

2 4.76%
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge

13 30.95%
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

5 11.90%
  • Disney's Polynesian Resort

9 21.43%
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

4 9.52%
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside & French Quarter

8 19.05%
  • Value Resorts (All Star, Animation, Pop Century)

2 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: What's the best themed Disney hotel in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I guess my question is more "which hotels were successfully executed, timeless, enduring?" Do you think the Value Resorts will look the same through time, or will they get a makeover like the Disneyland Hotel and DCA Park did? I can't see the Polynesian or Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge ever needing a 2.0 reboot, but what about the Contemporary and Caribbean Beach resorts?
    The values may get upgraded, a bit, not rebuilding but rethemeing or updated. The ART is really themed far better than the ASRs and POP. It of course has a Disney theme, while the other have generic "fun" themes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• former CM

How often can guests hear noisy race cars while at the Polynesian?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's a "Polynesian Road Trip" kinda vibe?

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I think some of the best themed are probably Boardwalk, and Port Orleans, really they match so well to what they are themed to it's scary good...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I should've noted this in my previous post, but I simply forgot. But this is a note all that visit Disney World and especially those that have the option to stay at a resort.

When you're there, especially once you're there and you're settled in, take a moment to breathe and absorb your surroundings. Close your eyes and allow your other senses to take in everything around you. (Just don't do this in the middle of a walkway and block anyone. ) Not everyone has the freedom to visit this magical place, let alone be able to stay at one of the fabulous resorts. While you're there, try not to rush around from one place to the next. Appreciate your time there, stop once in a while to smell the roses. (Metaphorically for those of you that have allergies. ) And if you're staying at one of the resorts nearest to Magic Kingdom, take a few moments to absorb the sounds coming from MK and remember, you're in one of the best places on Earth. So enjoy your time and whether you're young or old, make the most of it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Evil is Sexy

I like Shades of Green. But that is a special hotel that not many guests have the privilage of staying at.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Mr Test Track

I would have to go with the Beach Club because of the location. I love being able to eat at Epcot and walk to my hotel afterwards. Also it has a great pool and I think the best ice cream joint in the resort Beaches and Cream.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I forgot about OLD KEY WEST, there are just too many hotel rooms available at WDW.

The original three are the best themed. Everything after feels like a failed attempt.

Now, I did go eat at the Animal Kingdom Lodge since the food reminded me of what I would eat at an Indian restaurant. Anyway, I was sadly disappointed by the animals. It literally looked like an apartment complex with animals in the middle instead of a man made pond/lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yet Animal Kingdom Lodge has won the most votes.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I love the Boardwalk. It has a wonderful feel to it. But there's something just amazing about Animal Kingdom Lodge (but not the new Kidani Village wing - that sucks).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Animal Kingdom is far from my favorite resort, but the views, attention to detail, seclusion, and animals give it the prize for the best “themed”.

Followed closely by Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. This combination would rate higher if they were better integrated with each other and still had a railroad and water park.

Along the lines of Fort Wilderness I also like Riverside, liked it more when it was Dixie Landings. Though not necessarily a fan of French Quarter, so combining the two resorts moves it way down on the “Theme” rating. As opposed to New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park, Port Orleans - French Quarter is a bad character of New Orleans.

I absolutely love Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club. But their proximity to the Swan and Dolphin absolutely destroys their theme, much as it destroys northwest corner of World showcase.

The Polynesian is great. Its relaxing atmosphere, superior pool, and proximity to the park make this arguably the best Disney Resort, but not necessarily the best themed. Some of the things that make this resort great also kill it theme – such as the spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom. Other things that kill the theme are the proximity of the Main Parking lot, the TTC, the wedding pavilion, and the ever more encroaching Grand Floridian.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post

When you're there, especially once you're there and you're settled in, take a moment to breathe and absorb your surroundings. Close your eyes and allow your other senses to take in everything around you. (Just don't do this in the middle of a walkway and block anyone. ) Not everyone has the freedom to visit this magical place, let alone be able to stay at one of the fabulous resorts. While you're there, try not to rush around from one place to the next. Appreciate your time there, stop once in a while to smell the roses. (Metaphorically for those of you that have allergies. ) And if you're staying at one of the resorts nearest to Magic Kingdom, take a few moments to absorb the sounds coming from MK and remember, you're in one of the best places on Earth. So enjoy your time and whether you're young or old, make the most of it.

Very well put. I found it strangely theraputic to be able to hear the muffled sounds of Magic Kingdom from the nearby hotels. It was like so much was going on so close, but I was still a whole world away.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I like Shades of Green. But that is a special hotel that not many guests have the privilage of staying at.
    Is that really your favorite, or are you just making a point to say you've gotten to stay there? I too have visited Shades of Green and thought it was more relaxing and low-key than the other resorts, I would definitely not say it's the best on property, much less best themed.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Shades of Green is certainly not the best themed. What theme does it have? Golf Resort?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast