Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random WDW Related Question...." Thread

What does it mean when the WDW website lists an attraction as having '' no times available'' ?

I'm going to WDW in October and Hollywood Studios Backlot Tour gives me this message.

Being that it is in October, it is possible that they are just not scheduled yet.

Yes, after calling the WDW Resort Help Line at (407)939-5277 (7am to 11pm EST) they do not have any availability listed at this time because it is too far ahead. Check again in a few months and they should have some times listed. I would check again in August.
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 05-27-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Sock Puppet

Thanks alot Stichfanocala! I appreciate your help.

Is there a way to go through the prop warehouse without going through the stunt show?

Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    Thanks alot Stichfanocala! I appreciate your help.

Is there a way to go through the prop warehouse without going through the stunt show?
    You're welcome. As for the second question, that part I am not aware of. I haven't done the tour since they reformatted it years ago. I haven't been on it since they had the trams go by the costuming department, and go through the residential street where they had the facades that included the Golden Girls' House. Then they'd drop guests off by the warehouses where they'd get the option to eat at the restaurant or go on to part 2 which was the walking tour. That was way back in 1990. I've been to the park a few times since moving here, but I haven't taken the time to do the tour. I've only done a few of the attractions like Star Tours, Toy Story, and Aerosmith. And I haven't even seen this coast's version of Fantasmic.

I will make these two suggestions though. You're going in October so I can imagine the parks will probably be slightly busy because of Halloween, which should be the biggest attractor to the property. Another big attractor will be the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot from Sept 27 thru Nov 1st. Those are the only two big events during that time. First for Hollywood Studios, whatever day you plan to go make sure you are there when they first open and plan on going directly to Toy Story Mania first thing that morning. Of all the rides in the park, THAT ONE is the one ride where it's fast passes run out QUICKLY! Especially on the weekends. And now that Disney has restricted the return times on all their fast passes, they do not accept any late arrivals. So if you get it first in the morning, no need for fast pass, no wait to return and you will be good to go. You're welcome to use fast pass later on in the day if you so choose, but the return times can vary depending on when you try to go back. I will add an additional & very important tip in a few moments that can help with this particular suggestion.

Second, I do not know if you plan on going to Epcot during your stay, but if you are, also be sure to get there at opening when you go. Because like Toy Story at HS, Soarin at the Land Pavilion is also another ride where its fast passes run out very quickly. Followed closely by Test Track. So hit those both early in the morning. Go do Soarin first, and then Test Track second. And the thing is with both parks, there is a good chance that the park will open early (even on non magic hour days) before the official opening and you can have a chance to hit either of the aforementioned rides before the park officially opens with the exception of Test Track.

Now the additional suggestion, before you go on your trip, if any members of your group have smart phones or tablets, be sure to download the My Disney Experience - WDW app. It is a free app provided by Disney that gives you all sorts of access to WDW. You can explore attractions, entertainment, & character schedules among many other features. But where it will really help you with moments like I mentioned earlier, it will not only provide you with the estimated wait times for all attractions at all parks. But it will also provide you with the current estimated fast pass times that are being handed out at that time. For example, if you're at Hollywood Studios over by Star Tours in the late afternoon and you want to go on Toy Story again later and you're curious if they have any fast passes still available. If you have the app, you can pull up that information and it will tell you if they have any available and what times they are handing out (approximately.) Its really useful to help choose what your next destination will be and helpful to save time. Its a free app that uses either cellular service or the parks free Wi-Fi and is available for Apple, Android, and Amazon devices. Once you're done with your trip, you can delete it if you so choose.

For more info and details on that app, please visit the thread I created for it that will show you more features what the app does such as dinner reservations.

Have You Heard......My Disney Experience - WDW - A New Smartphone App
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

In my fractured memories of my only 2 trips to WDW (1976 & 1978) I remember riding the WEDWAY PeopleMover. Was this "only" a ride (closed loop with one load and one unload) or was it a transporation vehicle (loop allowing one to ride to one or two platforms in Tomorrowland)?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson

Its only a loop, you ride around Tomorrowland and you load & unload at the only station in the center of the land, below the Astro Orbitor. There is no disembarking at any other location because its a continuously moving ride.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Its only a loop, you ride around Tomorrowland and you load & unload at the only station in the center of the land, below the Astro Orbitor. There is no disembarking at any other location because its a continuously moving ride.
    Thanks. For some reason I was thinking it was a transport.

You're welcome. The attraction that replaced the People Mover in Disneyland, the Rocket Rodds, displayed a "map" in their queue stating they looked to be the transportation of the future and would take people to other destinations. Of course that was all fake or fantasy, and eventually the Rodds closed due to constant mechanical failure. But as long as there has been a People Mover in either park, it has always been constantly moving with no stops to unload other than at the starting point. It's not the parking tram and if it was, the back up would be ridiculous. But perhaps you were thinking of the Skyway?

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

But perhaps you were thinking of the Skyway?
    I remember the Skyway, too. Its just that there are some crystal clear memories from those trips (HM, Electric and Bicentennial Parades, CBJ) and others I have to question my memories of, which includes the PeopleMover.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The attraction that replaced the People Mover in Disneyland, the Rocket Rodds....
    Your memory of the ride is correct, but your memory has given an extra "d" to the Rocket Rods, if I'm not mistaken (hey, maybe MY memory is faulty!).

You're right. One d.

We are WDW Vets, but we have yet to experience a few things at the Resort... among them staying at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside when we return in the middle of August. My question is, did we pick a good resort? Pros, and Cons? Things we should definitely check out, or not miss? Any hidden Mickeys, or random trivia ?
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

Port Orleans Riverside is one of my favorite resorts on the property.

If you are vets, you may remember this resort by its former name, Dixie Landings.

Here is some info on Dixie Landings
    Dixie Landings

And here is the forgotten backstory of Dixie Landings
    The Forgotten Story of Dixie Landings (Korkis Korner) by Jim Korkis

One of the best things about Port Orleans Riverside is the boat ride from the resort to the Downtown Disney area.

• formerly very helpful

Greenkai, in answer to the question did you pick a good resort, I can tell you that I've stayed at all of the moderate priced hotels on property, and Dixie Landings (I still call it that) is still my favorite of them all. Had an awesome time. Great food court. Really nice and reasonable restaurant. I even loved the bus stops. Have a blast and take many photos.

Woohoo! I'm glad I didn't make a mistake by booking Riverside/Dixie Landings then! It's great to hear y'all like the resort that much. Can't wait to experience it ourselves.
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast