Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question The "I Have A Quick Random WDW Related Question...." Thread

...Could Someone Answer Please?

(Note to Moderators, if this has been done before, my apologies. I couldn't find a similar thread. But if its okay to use, please feel free to put this as a "Sticky" if it works out well enough.)

Sometimes a random question can arise from Disney enthusiasts that doesn't need an entire thread just to answer one question. Especially if someone else can come along and answer that question quickly enough just within a few posts. So how about a thread designated for Quick Random questions that can be answered by someone in the know or who knows the answer? I'll start by throwing mine out for this particular thread.

Does anyone know if the Avengers monorail is still around, or if Disney is perhaps planning on rolling one out to promote Iron Man 3 for this Summer?

And for anyone else, if you have quick random question, please feel free to post it here.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random WDW Related Question...." Thread

The Avengers Monorail is no more. They took the Avengers wrap off it at least a couple months ago. It's back to being just Monorail Red.

Thanks Aimster. I still wonder if they will do one for Iron Man 3. If they were to do another one, that would probably be the most likely choice for it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    ...Could Someone Answer Please?

(Note to Moderators, if this has been done before, my apologies. I couldn't find a similar thread. But if its okay to use, please feel free to put this as a "Sticky" if it works out well enough.)

Sometimes a random question can arise from Disney enthusiasts that doesn't need an entire thread just to answer one question. Especially if someone else can come along and answer that question quickly enough just within a few posts. So how about a thread designated for Quick Random questions that can be answered by someone in the know or who knows the answer? I'll start by throwing mine out for this particular thread.

And for anyone else, if you have quick random question, please feel free to post it here.
    Can't believe I forgot to mention, yes I did do a similar thread for the Disneyland section, just so there's no confusion. I'm partial to the Disney parks in the United States, so I didn't do one for any of the others outside the States. Feel free to create one for those areas if anyone would like to, if needed.

I'm thinking of Disney does a Monorail wrap for Iron Man 3, I wouldn't put it past them to hype it up as part of their "Limited Time Magic".

It looks like Monorail Black is currently in refurbishment to get an Iron Man 3 wrap. Hope this info helps!

Here's another quick WDW question, regarding Fast Pass.

I know that in the past, at least at Disneyland and certain other attractions at WDW parks, if you bring back a Fast Pass after the 1 hour window has expired, you could still go on the attraction. Just as long as you were not trying to use it before the first allotted time.

But last month on 2/16, I went to Magic Kingdom just shortly after they opened at 8am. I went straight to Space Mountain and grabbed a pass with a return time for later on in the morning. (I think it was like 10:30am to 11:30am.) Later on that evening sometime after the fireworks had shown, I tried to use the pass. But the female cast member at the FP return point would not allow me to use it, saying it was outside the time frame. Was there a policy change? Because I have been able to use other passes on other attractions on the property in the same manner without any difficulty. Or is it possible that THAT particular cast member was being a stickler for rules? (I'm a former CM myself and I remember it was the general consensus around all CM's that it was okay for the guest to use the pass even after the last time had passed. I should've said "Well I came back earlier but the ride was down for technical issues. I had already been on it once earlier & I was tired so I just didn't push it too much.)

And a second question, what is with the half hour time window on some Fast Passes for certain rides? When & why did this start up?

^ There was a policy change last year at WDW that was recently implemented at Disneyland. All guests who use FastPass must now return within the hour window.

Hmm, being that I have recently been able to do that despite the policy change, it would appear that not everyone is on the same page....as usual. But I'll keep this in mind. Thanks.

They're printing right on the Fastpasses now "Late arrivals cannot be accommodated." So they are working on strictly enforcing the return times... and I say good for them! In all the years Fastpass has been available, I think only ONCE have I ever returned late. If I missed the return time, I just kept the Fastpass as a souvenir. The return times are there for a reason. I think they're also starting to enforce this because they'll be rolling out that MyMagic+ in the coming months and this will be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I think they're also starting to enforce this because they'll be rolling out that MyMagic+ in the coming months and this will be part of it.
    That would make sense.

Here's to hoping this thread doesn't get swept under the proverbial rug here.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Is the Big Hot Air Balloon still operating at Downtown Disney. I have been wondering, since I will be in Disney World in about 4 week's time?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Is the Big Hot Air Balloon still operating at Downtown Disney. I have been wondering, since I will be in Disney World in about 4 week's time?
    Yes it is, Barbara. As a matter of fact, I saw it yesterday when I was at Epcot.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Perhaps when we drive by Downtown Disney, since we will have a car, we will be able to check it out. Thanks for the quick answer.

MiceChatters are the best.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast