Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mr Test Track

Re: Propaganda piece for NextGen

I can't open the link.

if you right click Open In New Tab it should...

Is this alarming?
    They're spending tons of money on this. You'd expect them to advertise it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Not here to help

IŽd rather see new rides... and refurbs.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

"Disney CEO Bob Iger wrote back, calling the senator “ill-informed” and insisting that Disney’s track record shows it would never manipulate children."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I saw this in my Sunday newspaper today, and quite frankly, I thought it was a bit creepy.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Mr Test Track

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    if you right click Open In New Tab it should...
    Thanks!
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

"It's not Disney-like to be waiting in line"

WTH is THAT?

I'm sorry, Mr. "Imagineer" there's this place in Anaheim, CA that was built by a man named Walt DISNEY -- hmm... look at that last name -- I guess that's just a coincidence.

Anyway. His park had boring lines with ordinary chain-link switchbacks sticking out in the middle of the hot sun with no shade and no diversions to keep people occupied while waiting in line.

So let me fix this for you, sir... "It's not Disney Corp-like to be waiting in line". That's a bit more realistic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They had a video at the shareholders meeting, which I'm sure will be part of a commercial advertising how great and wonderful this will make vacations at WDW. Yeah, It was a piece propaganda. I'm not sold.

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, all of the money that is being invested into the next gen is a waste of money. They could easily invest it into new attractions. But this properganda is to make people think that it is a good idea.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

That Imagineer was totallu clueless. Omg, How DARE WED/WDI make us wait in 2-4hr lines when stuff like Indy, StarTours and Roger Rabbit opened! Those queues were soo tortrous with SO much to look at. This guy will get promoted.

• Filmmaker

Finally got around to reading this, and it does come across as super preachy. here's some quick thoughts.

-I like the idea of what they've done with Dumbo a lot (I haven't been to WDW since it changed so I can't say first hand how the execution is). Dumbo has always been a painful line to wait in, and for the target audience a circus play area to wait in is perfect and fits the theme appropriately. That being said, this isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. Some attractions, believe it or not, benefit from the slow build up of anticipation that comes from a line containing appropriate theming. Tower of Terror is a perfect example of this. Haunted Mansion used to be another great example until they broke it with NextGen.

-I haven't been on the new Test Track yet, but everything I've heard sounds really positive. However, I cringed at the kid's comment that the interactive stuff was better than the ride. Great. That's just what Disney wants to hear. Why spend money making great attractions when all people really want are video games to play while they wait in line?

In the Walt Disney World of the future — maybe two months from now — your daughter will walk up to Cinderella and the princess will call her by name, know her favorite color and even the name of the family dog.
    I can't be the only one creeped out by this, right? Also, thematically, how does it make sense for Cinderella to know your name without asking, let alone the name of your family pet?
    At day’s end, you’ll stop by a kiosk selling a photo album with pictures of you and your family on every single ride you went on. As you pass a gift shop, a worker calls your name and says, “We have those special Mickey ears you wanted.”
    Yeah... still creepy. I'm sorry, but this piece isn't doing much to assuage my concerns. It's just going further into privacy concerns and a gross increase in marketing. Yes, I'm keenly aware that the Disney Parks are trying to sell me things, but I'm not fond of a cast member calling after me by name trying to sell me a product based on past purchases (for that matter, I'm not convinced many Cast Members will be thrilled by that idea either).

I think there's benefit in the system with pre-planning, especially for families who are taking a once in a lifetime trip to WDW, but these other issues most definitely give me pause.
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 03-11-2013 at 03:34 PM.

• Minion

So, does this family speak in complete press releases all the time?

• Minion

Also, thematically, how does it make sense for Cinderella to know your name without asking, let alone the name of your family pet?
    Exactly! And isn't the whole "making conversation with the characters" thing an integral part of the experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast