The Flower & Garden Festival On A Beautiful Saturday, March 16th - With Photos

For this one, I'll keep the description brief and let the pictures do the talking. I absolutely love the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. It signifies that Spring is finally in the air, and the biggest attraction for me is the Butterfly House. I spent probably a half an hour in there and I'm still smelling the sweet flowers. There was this yellow & black one that was the most beautiful out of all of them. If there appears to be any duplicates of them, it is because these beauties were moving around so much, I had to use the burst feature on my Galaxy S3 phone. I got some good work out of that phone, it took some AMAZING pictures! As for the topiaries, I got as many as I could, but I didn’t get Lightning McQueen or Mater in the Radiator Springs area because it was too busy. And my apologies that I didn’t get enough flowers this time around. I will try to get more the next time.

It was an easy pace day for me, a contrast cause I'm usually moving fast from point A to point B. I hit Soarin first because the crowds get large for that pretty early, and Fast Pass runs out quickly. It was a first for me here because being from Southern California, I've only been on the one at the DLR. Its basically the same on both coasts. But now I can't hear "Patrick, the chief Flight Attendant" without picturing Joe from Family Guy. (Darn you Seth MacFarlane! You ruin everything!) Test Track, Journey Into Imagination, O'Canada, American Adventure, and Ellen's Energy were on the agenda today. Mainly cause either I haven't done them in a while, or in the case of Energy, I haven't been on that since being reformatted. Like Journey, I miss the original. But I won't be doing that again, its 45 minutes wasted. Just my opinion. For a quick rant, on American Adventure, they NEED to remove Lance Armstrong from the part of the film where they're celebrating American Heroes. Because an American hero he is NOT!! Also just another opinion of mine.

Anyways, on to the pictures:

The only Monarch I saw around there today
    Name:  Butterfly - Monarch.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  135.0 KB

One of a couple orange colored ones flying around.....
    Name:  Butterfly - Orange.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  150.5 KB

Another orange one....
    Name:  Butterfly - Orange 2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  147.6 KB

This yellow & black one was attracting a lot of attention. I got 6 good shots of this one.
    Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 1.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  159.7 KB

Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 2.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  137.5 KB

Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 3.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  165.9 KB

Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 4.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 5.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  155.0 KB <---- This one has GOT to be the best one!! My personal favorite!

Name:  Butterfly - Y&B 6.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  112.9 KB

Now to the many masterfully crafted Disney Topiaries located around the park. These first 3 were in front of the old "Wonders of Life" Pavillion, housed as the Flower & Garden Festival Center. I stepped foot in there for a moment, haven't been in there in 20 years!

Mickey & Minnie
    Name:  Topiary - Mickey & Minnie.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  152.3 KB

Goofy
    Name:  Topiary 1 - Goofy.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  140.5 KB

Pluto & Donald
    Name:  Topiary 2 - Pluto & Donald.jpg
Size:  152.0 KB

Next on my travels was Buzz located outside of Mission Space
    Name:  Topiary 3 - Buzz.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  130.2 KB

The "Monster U" topiary located just before you enter the World Showcase. Notice the other monsters in the background.
    Name:  Topiary 4 - Monsters U.jpg
Size:  98.8 KB

Over at the UK Pavillion, there were a number of Topiaries, one of them in an unlikely spot, you'd have to really look for.

Captain Hook, out in front of the "Loo" looking for Peter Pan...
    Name:  Topiary 5 - Capt Hook.jpg
Size:  166.6 KB

He was on top one of the main building. I wouldn't have known he was there if I didn't see someone else point to him...
    Name:  Topiary 6 - Peter Pan.jpg
Size:  89.9 KB

Next to the "Fish & Chips" stand, there was....

There was Rabbit....
    Name:  Topiary 9 - Rabbit.jpg
Size:  119.7 KB

And Tigger too....
    Name:  Topiary 10 - Tigger.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  146.1 KB

Then there was Piglet & Eeyore....
    Name:  Topiary 8 - Piglet & Eeyore.jpg
Size:  127.1 KB

But most of all Winnie the Pooh....
    Name:  Topiary 7 - Pooh.jpg
Size:  142.4 KB

Past the "International Gateway" and just before the France Pavillion, I passed a couple of Princesses....

Cinderella & Prince Charming
    Name:  Topiary 11 - Cinderella.jpg
Size:  156.3 KB

Sleeping Beauty & Prince Phillip
    Name:  Topiary 12 - Sleeping Beauty.jpg
Size:  188.1 KB

And then Beauty & The Beast
    Name:  Topiary 15 - Beauty & Beast.jpg
Size:  121.9 KB

And tucked in the corner nearby were.....

Cogsworth & Lumiere
    Name:  Topiary 13 - Cogsworth & Lumiere.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  152.7 KB

And Ms Potts & Chip
    Name:  Topiary 14 - Chip & Ms Potts.jpg
Size:  141.4 KB

Over at Morocco, the Aladdin & Jasmine toparies were not in their usual place. However, the real live versions were there for their regular meet & greet in their usual spot.

The only one that I saw in front of the American Pavillion was this guy....

Hugs A Lot Bear
    Name:  Topiary 16 - Hugs.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  164.2 KB

And in front of Italy,

Lady & The Tramp
    Name:  Topiary 17 - Lady & Tramp.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  116.7 KB

In front of the Germany Pavillion,

Snow White & The Seven Dwarves.....
    Name:  Topiary 18 - Dopey.jpg
Size:  135.1 KBName:  Topiary 19 - Dwarves.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  137.7 KBName:  Topiary 20 - Happy & Grumpy.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  135.0 KBName:  Topiary 21 - Snow White.jpg
Size:  118.8 KB

Farther down were these Pandas over at the China Pavillion, naturally.....
    Name:  Topiary 22 - Pandas.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  135.4 KB

(Apparantly there was a dragon one too, and I missed it!! Darn it! I would've loved that one.)

In front of the Norway Pavillion, what I believe is a troll, that looks a little like Dobby from Harry Potter.....

Name:  Topiary 23 - Troll.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  152.9 KB

I could see no other character topiaries in World Showcase anywhere near Mexico. I started heading out at this point and caught whatever ones I missed earlier back in Future World....

The Lion King, across from the Fountain stage....
    Name:  Topiary 24 - Lion King.jpg
Size:  132.5 KB

A butterfly topiary, nearby Tinker Bell's Butterfly House. (Which by the way, there were numerous fairy topiaries in there, but no Tink. Perhaps she was elsewhere.)
    Name:  Topiary 25 - Butterfly.jpg
Size:  136.3 KB

Phineas & Ferb, central area of Future World, the backside <?> of Spaceship Earth, perhaps?
    Name:  Topiary 26 - Phineas & Ferb.jpg
Size:  146.0 KB

I passed on these in the morning because the entrance was just too crowded at opening. So I caught them on the way out.

Daisy & Donald near the entrance
    Name:  Topiary 27 - Daisy & Donald.jpg
Size:  132.3 KB

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, & Pluto, celebrating 20 years of the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot
    Name:  Topiary 28 - Mickey & Gang.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  127.3 KB

This was probably the first time I headed home early on a Saturday. Welcome to Spring Break crowds. I tried hitting Magic Kingdom, but they were even more busy. It also didn't help that I'm fighting a head cold. Thank goodness I don't get allergies from flowers. Hope you enjoyed the report everyone!
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 03-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Re: The Flower & Garden Festival On A Beautiful Saturday, March 16th - With Photos

Great pics ! Really enjoyed seeing them , thanks for sharing !

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: The Flower & Garden Festival On A Beautiful Saturday, March 16th - With Photos

Wow they all look great! I didn't know that it has been going on for 20 years now. WOW! Thanks for sharing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wonderful photos. My trip is just 27 days away, and I can see the topiaries for myself.

• New Member Goes Forth

Can't view the photos
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Can't view the photos
    My apologies, but its probably a setting on your end, perhaps with whatever web browser you are using. They loaded fine on my end and everyone else is able to view them so far.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Suspended

Out of curiosity, what browser are you guys using? I can't see them either

I usually use Firefox....to view threads on Micechat. But being that Firefox usually gives me problems when starting a thread, I posted them with Internet Explorer. My apologies to those that cannot see the pics. I am not sure what to do to make them viewable.

Any suggestions by anyone as to a site that I could post them to & share the link?

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks

• Imagine This

Gorgeous pictures! I think the Peter Pan area is my favorite this year by far.

Thanks my fellow micechatters! I see I made the round up this week. I feel so honored.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Excellent pics. I'm also a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and have been blown away by the quality of its pics!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Excellent pics. I'm also a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and have been blown away by the quality of its pics!
    Yeah I just got mine a few months ago, and now Samsung comes out with the 4.

For those interested or in case you missed it, I've posted a part 2.

Here's the link:

Flower & Garden Festival At Epcot Part 2 - On A Gorgeous TGIF, But With More Flowers!

Wow, thanks for sharing! We have never been at this time of year! One day