In need of advice regarding Star Wars Weekends

I have been to WDW many times, but I've never experienced Star Wars Weekends. To be honest I've never even known about them/what they were all about until only last year or so (I live in San Francisco and Disneyland is my "home park"). I've had a WDW trip planned for Memorial Day weekend and recently realized that this coincides with SWW.

My question is...
    is Star Wars Weekends worth checking out, or is it just too damn packed with people and not really worth the hassle?

I'm not a fanatic the way some people are, but I do enjoy the Star Wars films (the original trilogy at least) and their characters. Part of me wants to check it out as it's something new (to me), but I'm also not a fan of overcrowded parks and seeing as it's both SWW and a holiday weekend, I'm not sure. I'd appreciate any input you might have to offer. Thanks so much!

• Minion

Re: In need of advice regarding Star Wars Weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    I have been to WDW many times, but I've never experienced Star Wars Weekends. To be honest I've never even known about them/what they were all about until only last year or so (I live in San Francisco and Disneyland is my "home park"). I've had a WDW trip planned for Memorial Day weekend and recently realized that this coincides with SWW.

My question is...
    is Star Wars Weekends worth checking out, or is it just too damn packed with people and not really worth the hassle?

I'm not a fanatic the way some people are, but I do enjoy the Star Wars films (the original trilogy at least) and their characters. Part of me wants to check it out as it's something new (to me), but I'm also not a fan of overcrowded parks and seeing as it's both SWW and a holiday weekend, I'm not sure. I'd appreciate any input you might have to offer. Thanks so much!
    Personally I think its something every Disney fan has to do once but doesn't have a lot of repeatability, at least for me anyways. its cool to see some of the actors if you want to wait for the meet and greets they've got some cool activities around and some interesting merch.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's packed, but if you're a Star Wars fan, it's totally worth checking out. I went twice last year and had a blast. Looking forward to this year. Hoping they do the name badges again (they did custom Star Tours name badges with your name in Aurbesh, the Star Wars language) because I want to pick up a few for some friends as gifts. And of course.... HOOPLA! It'a also fun seeing people in all sorts of Star Wars garb and getting photos with all sorts of Star Wars characters!

Confuse them all.......go dressed as Spock !!!

+1!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's packed, but if you're a Star Wars fan, it's totally worth checking out. I went twice last year and had a blast. Looking forward to this year. Hoping they do the name badges again (they did custom Star Tours name badges with your name in Aurbesh, the Star Wars language) because I want to pick up a few for some friends as gifts. And of course.... HOOPLA! It'a also fun seeing people in all sorts of Star Wars garb and getting photos with all sorts of Star Wars characters!
    Aims is totally on the money, as usual.

Go! Yes, the parks are busy, but the good-kind of busy, in that the people are all fans! The swag you can purchase is awesome as well. You do realize, there's only one way to figure out if it's worth it or not...and that is to just merely go!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Thanks everyone for your input, I truly appreciate it!

I think I'll be checking it out

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Definetly! I have been there 3 times and always have a blast. Try to go for the opening, it is a special treat!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It is deff worth checking out! It is fun, and the special shows and events are fun enough that they are worth your time!

I enjoy StarWars casually. Not really a fan, but I enjoy it. And StarWars weekends is something that I enjoy seeing. The people watching is simply incredible!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Definetly! I have been there 3 times and always have a blast. Try to go for the opening, it is a special treat!
    I went opening day/weekend last year and it was INSANE! But at the same time it was really freaking awesome. Sadly I didn't see the parade because I got to Hollywood Blvd too late and it was too packed to really see anything. but I've seen it before and it's pretty awesome.

I hope they get some good people from the original trilogy for meet & greets this year. Usually most of the meet & greets are of people from the prequels or the Clone Wars animated series.... though a couple years ago they got Billy Dee Williams (Lando!). Sadly I couldn't go that year.

Oh and the actor they've had in the past playing Anakin Skywalker for meet & greets is DEAD ON! He was so deadpan it was hilarious.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Confuse them all.......go dressed as Spock !!!
    Or J.J. Abrams...
    -Bill

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Or J.J. Abrams...
    That won't seem to work since he is rumored to be directing the new Star Wars movie.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"