Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Disney bans solo kids under 14 at U.S. parks.

Disney bans solo kids under 14 at U.S. parks

What are everyone's thoughts? What is your experience with this age group at Disney Parks? Is this Necessary, or unnecessary?

Re: Disney bans solo kids under 14 at U.S. parks.

It should be more like ban solo kids from the age of 14-18, I have been stuck behind enough obnoxious teenage groups in lines. But once they get into the parks what can they do? The Parents can just let the kids wander off when they want. I think it may be a safety issue too, with kids getting lost on Disney property?

• Hukuna Matata!

I love it, many times I've seen foul mouth cutting obnoxious kids that sadly probably act like that on front of their parents anyway. It's the right direction.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    It should be more like ban solo kids from the age of 14-18, I have been stuck behind enough obnoxious teenage groups in lines. But once they get into the parks what can they do? The Parents can just let the kids wander off when they want. I think it may be a safety issue too, with kids getting lost on Disney property?
    Spot on. I have met literally nobody in that age group(especially the male portion) who wanted to be at Disney. They get bored and want to go home, so what do they do? They cut, litter, disrespect cast members, and act like little hellians. It's the type of behavior I expect from toddlers.

And that's not all, they wear inappropriate clothing. One kid at Disneyland I saw wearing a shirt that said "Sex Machine". Really kid? REALLY?!?

And don't even get me started on your groups who cannot utter a word of Engrish. Whoo... Ok rant over.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This makes sense, especially at Disneyland, where so many parents just drop the kids off at the park as an "instant babysitter". Young kids should not be wandering around ANYWHERE by themselves. Though I remember in 1987, when my family visited Orlando that spring break, I wanted to go back to WDW for another day, but my parents wanted to go to Sea World or something else that I thought would be boring. I was only 12 at the time, but my parents raised me to be respectful and they trusted me, so they took me back to MK and dropped me off for the day and told me to be at the TTC by a certain time that evening for them to pick me up.

Kids as a whole these days... sorry but as a group dynamic they annoy the ever-loving snot out of me. Individually, I know some kids out there are still raised to be respectful and stuff, but put them in a pack and they make me want to kick puppies.

• Sam.

I think it's a flawless concept. I went to USF when I was 11, but my mom left me to roam the park by myself. I never thought about it, but I could have been kidnapped easily. I mean, I don't think it would happen at a theme park, but it would have been a simple task. Although I was alone, I had a wonderful day.

I think it is a good idea because it keeps kids from doing bad things. Teenagers often think it is "badass" to try to show off in front of their friends on an attraction to make them seem cool. This will restrict that tenfold.

Even me, being fourteen, I could care less. I don't think it's necessary to go to a park alone anyway, unless you're an adult.

​I'm good with it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I agree with that there are a few good ones out there but as a whole... well there isnt much good to say. How in the world did that kids get through the front gates with a sex machine shirt on!? I thought they try to regulate these things?

Yeah lets not get started on the "no english" haha

I think now its worse with kids trying to be "badass" they do it more often, just so they can post it on the internet somewhere to show off. I think Disney is headed in the right direction with this step.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

This is only due to NextGen's implications with the Children's Online Privacy Act... nothing more. Gotta be sure everyone who enters on their own is 13 or older... plus a one year buffer, because kids that young don't carry an ID.
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This is only due to NextGen's implications with the Children's Online Privacy Act... nothing more. Gotta be sure everyone who enters on their own is 13 or older... plus a one year buffer, because kids that young don't carry an ID.
    13 and over is different from 14 and older. COPPA also requires parental consent and some random 14 year old does not meet that criteria.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    I agree with that there are a few good ones out there but as a whole... well there isnt much good to say. How in the world did that kids get through the front gates with a sex machine shirt on!? I thought they try to regulate these things?

Yeah lets not get started on the "no english" haha

I think now its worse with kids trying to be "badass" they do it more often, just so they can post it on the internet somewhere to show off. I think Disney is headed in the right direction with this step.
    I literally have no idea how they let that fly. Oh, and the misspelling of English was intentional.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• New Member Goes Forth

Sad it has happned, but it was going to happen
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Sad it has happned, but it was going to happen
    why? I think it's a good thing...Kids aren't the same now as they were even 10 years ago, they are getting ready to put a law into effect that you have to be 21 to be a Firefighter/Cop in Illinois for the same reason, maturity it seems to take longer for kids to grow up and treat things with respect..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

I assumed it was some kind of liability issue.

My sister and I were cut loose in the MK at 12 and 13, but our parents were still in the park.

I would think that the "babysitting " thing would be worst at the Calif. park than WDW. The rudeness isn't just kids, though. Ive seen adults act so bad, that people they are with, are down right embarrassed, and go behind them, giving apologies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast