• Movie buff, Disney nut.

Invasion! An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter preshow?

I'm doing research for a novel that partly incorporates ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, though not by actually being there. (When I went on it in 8th grade, during an end-of-the-year trip to the Magic Kingdom, it scared the s... out of me (I was uneasy about going on it with my group, but agreed, though still was nervous), but over the years, I've grown to respect its flawless storytelling.) Some of that research is about the attraction itself, namely the costs, but also about Jeffrey Jones as Chairman Clench.

This forum indicates that Chairman Clench appeared in the preshow for Invasion! An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at DisneyQuest:

Alien Encounter at DisneyQuest? | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

But that's not all I'm looking for. First, for those who went there, how long was the preshow, and do you remember exactly what Clench said? Was it only about "how happy the company was for this opportun, uh, responsibility, to help the people of Earth."?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Last edited by RoryLAronsky; 03-26-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    There's no such thing as too many books. Now go bring the 18-wheeler around.

Re: Invasion! An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter preshow?

The attraction was such a painful memory that I've suppressed it - the attraction was simply awful. Why not do research about Mission to Mars and write about that instead.

• Minion

Full experience:
    Alien Encounter Tribute - YouTube

I always thought the S.I.R. pre-show was outstanding.

EDIT: I see you mean the DisneyQuest presentation... sorry can't help there.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom View Post
    The attraction was such a painful memory that I've suppressed it - the attraction was simply awful. Why not do research about Mission to Mars and write about that instead.
    Because that doesn't interest me. This does. And Mission to Mars doesn't work with what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Full experience:

Randy, you can only imagine how many times I've watched that. At this point, I've memorized the script and know exactly when such lines as, "No, it's my mother-in-law!", "Whose pen is this?", and "My mouth was open!" come in.

As to the S.I.R. pre-show, before my family and I moved from Southern California to Las Vegas six months ago, my sister asked me if she should keep the Skippy doll we bought all those years ago. I immediately said, "YES! DO NOT GIVE THAT UP!"
    Last edited by RoryLAronsky; 03-26-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Forgot a thing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Full experience:

wow! great link. It sucks not knowing what the effects are as the video is going as that really made the experience.

• New Member Goes Forth

I never rode the attraction, but my parents did and my mum was terrified
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Production Designer

I loved Alien Encounter! It was the most Un-Disney, Disney attraction that actually catered to the older crowd. Who would have thought!?

The Stitch Encounter is the one that's terrible....

http://www.uabmagic.com/UABpages/lyr...p?songID=19518

this has a transcript. Have to say Alien Encounter was one of my favourite attractions it was just so cleaver. Such a shame it was changed to another movie tie in

• Minion

Again, he's asking about the Disney Quest Alien Encounter game, not the ride.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Indeed I am. I'm researching certain other aspects of AE for this, and don't need help with those. Just this.

Also, to Randy, thank you for the link to AE in full, rather than the two-parter I had been relying on before. It's incredibly useful to have it all in one place, for whenever I watch it for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by RoryLAronsky; 03-29-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Thanking Randy.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Oh, that preshow is still there at DQ. Ha ha. It's not gone or anything. That thing is so old.

But yes, he's quite good in the preshow there... can't remember anything off hand from the preshow, but I remember it was funny.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    But yes, he's quite good in the preshow there... can't remember anything off hand from the preshow, but I remember it was funny.
    No doubt emphasizing in his own subtle way that "profit is simply a byproduct we've learned to live with."