• #bringevilback

AP hotel discount?

I'm an AP for the DLR and thinking of doing a quick WDW trip (and upgrading to a Premiere AP prior when I renew) and was wondering if I am able to get an AP discount at WDW with just a DLR AP?

• Under that tree again!

Re: AP hotel discount?

No, you need a WDW AP or Premier AP get discounts at WDW.

Discounts on rooms are better at WDW than DLR, which will help you recoup cost. Discounts on food are dismal at WDW compared to DLR. Look into a Tables in Wonderland card that WDW APs can buy for dining savings.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• #bringevilback

Bummer...I was thinking a late may trip so I don't lose as much time on my current pass by renewing early. How far in advance do you have to book to get the discount? Do they ever do last minute deals? I know that's getting close to peak season, so I'm guessing not...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Time for you to upgrade to a Premier Pass.
    -Bill

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Bummer...I was thinking a late may trip so I don't lose as much time on my current pass by renewing early. How far in advance do you have to book to get the discount? Do they ever do last minute deals? I know that's getting close to peak season, so I'm guessing not...
    You can book as long as rooms are available.
    They tend to push Florida Resident AP deals.
    You always get better deals than the general public, even in peak season.

A big difference is DLR caters to APs, because many are locals and visit frequently. In WDW APs are more an afterthought because they come on 2 week long vacations per year. One can be drawn to the parks easily for an evening the other lives in New York.

Depending on your travel group and where you stay rooms savings, even %10 off can add up, but be diminished over a large group.Say your discounts is $300, but split by 4 people it's only $75 per person and that won't go a long way toward to the upgrade cost.

Ticket is the real savings, as a WDW trip is usually 5-7 park days which is about $300 or more in ticket costs, which is easily match by the AP upgrade cost.

For considering APs, always consider what if only one person gets and AP. If the person who pays gets discounts on rooms, food, merchandise, parking, it may be worth if for only one person to upgrade, or get an AP in the first place. Not neccesarily a whole family of APs.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• #bringevilback

I would actually be going by myself...and my current DLR pass expires at the end of May, so I was going to lose a few weeks on it and get a Premir for the trip. Maybe I should just wait until after the summer rush and go in the fall/winter

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I would actually be going by myself...and my current DLR pass expires at the end of May, so I was going to lose a few weeks on it and get a Premir for the trip. Maybe I should just wait until after the summer rush and go in the fall/winter
    Delaying your trip may be a good idea. Summer is consistenly busy at WDW since it draws crowds from all over the country and northern hemisphere who are always on break somewhere. It's also hot and muggy.

In the Fall is food and wine at Epcot, so that may be nice to leisurely do on your own. It also a rainy time like summer since hurricane season is June through November peaking in at the end of August beginning of September. At least in the fall it's cooler than summer and crowds are lighter once school is back in session.

In the winter it's busy like DLR during Thanksgiving and the Holidays, but after quite calm. Also in January and February it's cool/cold/warm but usually not over 85 and while it still rains, it's not very wet for Florida. Rehabs are common post Holidays but the Fantasyland Expansion will be completed for the Holidays. You may want to wait for Snow White to open, granted there could be closures of current attractions to make way for new ones as rumors have suggested.

As far as your pass. Prices will probably go up in May or June so that complicates things. If you go to DLR anyway, and often enough for a Premium AP there, get a Premier or upgrade when you start planning a for sure WDW visit. If you don't regularily go to DLR you may want to delay until you need it. The $20 renew savings is much compared to what a $900 pass broken down into monthly parts is. If you delay buying a pass you end up saving some of that monthly cost.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• #bringevilback

I think i will wait, maybe late fall(so cal girls don't do hurricanes!) but before holiday time or just after the new year.

I certainly go to disneyland plenty...I'm at 48 so far, and I haven't gone the last two months since I had knee surgery. It's right in my way home from work (I work nights) so it's a great place to unwind! I'll be keeping an eye on price increases and depending on how much it goes up I'll decide if waiting to renew will be more beneficial since I think a break would make me appreciate it a bit more again!

I just got my premier pass on Friday. I will be going to wdw for the first time. I did my homework and would be saving more money if I got the pass. I just had to pay 240 total. I had dland pass. I booked my hotel when I got the spring discount in an email. Ten booked my flights separate. I will be flying southwest with my girlfriend. It's the the best airline but one of the cheapest.