How is the music resort hotel ?

On May first me and my girlfriend are flying to wdw for the first time from Los Angeles. We will be staying at the music resort. I know it's not like the other hotels like the animal lodge or the contemporary. But some people said it was kinda bad. We were kinda of on a budget and booked last min. We really didn't come to get a spa treatments we came to have fun at the parks. Just curious how was te overall stay at this hotel?

• Disney Addict

Re: How is the music resort hotel ?

We've stayed at Music for a total of seven weeks over the years and have always found it clean, cheerful and with a distinctly Disney mood. There isn't much in the way of additional leisure amenities, but the food court and pools are more than fit to task; the rooms are colorfully themed and well-maintained.

The Calypso and Jazz sections are very close to everything important, while Broadway, Country and Rock are slightly further out (perhaps five-ten minutes walk at most). The other guests are typically families with children, and the food court can get a little busy and loud at times - I personally didn't mind a bit of energy, but it's a matter of personal taste.

As for buses, Music is incredibly close to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach; everything else is a moderate distance away, with MK being furthest out. Bus queues can sometimes be a little long (especially as they often run 'All Star Resorts' buses for Music, Sports and Movies combined), but with the right frame of mind can be more than tolerable.

All that considered, I hope you enjoy your first trip to WDW! There's plenty to see and do, and Music is a great place to be immersed in that Disney charm from dawn to dusk.

• Bearing with the bears

They're a bit longer then the other All-Stars resort but at worst it's a 5 minute walk from the sections at the back.
    The scenery is quite nice and I find that the back sections are usually calmer then the other All-Stars hotels. The rooms themselves are the standard hotel fare so nothing to complain about and they're kept up quite nicely (a chunk of the Calypso section was gutted and refurbished last July). The food is bleh, I'd say just go eat breakfast at the parks or another hotel if you can. Bus service is great, a bus usually shows up every 10 minutes.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    The rooms themselves are the standard hotel fare so nothing to complain about and they're kept up quite nicely (a chunk of the Calypso section was gutted and refurbished last July).
    That's the main difference. That resort is motel style, and with motel sized accomodations. It's not exactly Motel 6 since it has a large check in area, food court, big pool(s) and many buildings. It also has some big bold decorations, rather than the subdued and rich styling of the moderate and delux resorts.

I would suggest staying at the pop resort instead, it should be about the same price. It has a lake on one end and the buses stop less often on their route.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

We are staying at the Pop Century Resort and it was recently softgoods refurbished, that was the cheapest on the days we were booking for ... My Husband has stayed at the Movies and Music and has great experiences at both.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Thanks a lot guys. Wow I love mice chat

• Golden State of Mind

^ Pop Century is great too!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever