Question first trip restaurant planning with vegetarians. Help!

So I am a Disneyland pro... and a complete Disney World novice! My first trip is happening May 4 - 11th. I am traveling with my boyfriend, his mother, brother and his wife, and their 18 month old. Brother and Wife are both vegetarians. What are some good veggie-friendly places that you would recommend? We aren't looking to eat at the super-mega fancy places... but would like to have a couple of sit-down meals. I've already booked reservations for Sanaa... any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (I know most restaurant Chef's will accomodate vegetarian diners if you call ahead and make arrangements... I'm looking for dining places that already offer veggie-friendly dishes on their regular menu.) I've read through all the menus on Allears and am a regular reader of disneyfoodblog... but I'm looking for real-life recommendations, based on personal experience. Thank you in advance for any advice!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: first trip restaurant planning with vegetarians. Help!

Great topic, I am actually working on a Vegan Dining menu for Walt Disney world (alreayd did one for Disneyland)

Almost 80% of all the Counter Service and Sit Down Restaurants in Walt Disney World have a vegetarian option already on their menu, you wont have an issue to much looking for food to eat.

If you want a list I can probably generate a quick one for Magic Kingdom as thats the first one I completed. Do you have any dietary needs?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

There aren't any specific Dietary needs besides vegetarian. I eat meet, but I also like vegetarian food, so I would be interested in trying different places that feature good vegetarian options. A list for MK would be great!

• Nerd.

I'm a "quasi" veggie. I eat fish. Places I have enjoyed are: Boma (buffet at Animal Kingdom lodge), 'Ohana (you can ask for the veggie entree which is a delicious tofu stirfry), San Angel at EPCOT (has a veggie menu), Crystal Palace (lunch or dinner has nice options.) While I have not eaten at Tusker House, I hear they have some good veggie options too. Like you said, if you call in advance, accommodations will be made. No one will go hungry at WDW.

• Minion

QS:
    Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom has an amazing hummus sandwich and veggie chili.
    For my money, the best veggie burgers on property are at Rosie's All-American at Hollywood Studios and Pecos Bill's in the Magic Kingdom.
    Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion at EPCOT has lots of veggie stuff, both sandwiches and Asian entrees.
    I love the vegetarian platter and the falafel at Tangierine Cafe in EPCOT's Morocco pavilion.

TS:
    All the buffets are good.
    Kona Cafe at the Polynesian has awesome breakfasts and the best coffee on property. They let us substitute fruit for bacon, sausage, or ham when it came with something. TONGA TOAST!
    Les Chefs de France in EPCOT has a gruyere macaroni and cheese that's to die for.
    The best vegetarian dish in the MK used to be the vegetable pot pie at MK's Liberty Tree tavern, but it's no longer available. When we go there we get the Colony Salad, hold the chicken.
    I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things about the spaghetti and fake meatballs at the '50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios.
    The Rose and Crown at EPCOT made me a special fried eggs and chips - not as good as authentic English ones, but still pretty good!

I was there in Feb., and im on a special diet.No red meat, nothing fried, and I ate mostly the vegan items, and I had no problem getting what I needed without compromising great tasting foods ! There was some things that I love that I had to skip, but that's ok, im learning to "eat to live" not "live to eat"....lol