Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Parks Fan

Re: Disney property vs. Doubletree near Downtown Disney

Wait! You said this vacation will be your honeymoon. For the first few days of a honeymoon, the couple should be alone together rather than in theme parks. I advise you plan the first days so you can be alone together. It doesn't matter whether those first days are spent in a secluded cabin or in a hotel near WDW. You probably will be spending much time in your room.

Also, five days is a fairly short time for being at WDW unless both of you are experienced with WDW and already know how to make the best use of your time. My wife and I are thinking about spending two weeks at WDW the next time we go. We may stay at a Disney Value Resort next time.

Re: Disney property vs. Doubletree near Downtown Disney

Most folks have suggested you stay at Doubletree so I will play devil's advocate and suggest you stay at a Disney resort. Here are a few more pro's

1. Theme: I am sure Doubletree is a very nice hotel but it could be anywhere in the world. The Disney resorts surround you with rich themes. These hotels are memorable becasue they could only be at WDW.

2. Transportation: The DTD resort buses do not stop at the same stops as the Disney buses. The stops are further away from the parks, especially Magic Kingdom where the DTD buses stop at the the Transportation Center where you need to transfer to a monorail or ferry. Also (warning-2nd hand info coming up) a friend who recently stayed at a DTD resort was not happy with the frequency of the buses.

3. Honeymoon factor: You have a great deal on Doubletree but it is your honeymoon so don't let cost be your only deciding factor-stay where you want (within reason). Money is tight for a lot of us but you don't want to look back with regret.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time and congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12