Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Slow Down! You Move Too Fast! - A WDW Trip Report by Barbaraann

The fourth day of my vacation was supposed to be a repeat visit to Universal. However, I changed my mind, and I decided to do a solo trip back to the Magic Kingdom. I sent the others off to Universal, and I took the hotel shuttle to the Transportation and Ticket Center and I updated my 3 day ticket to a 4 day one, for the nominal cost of just under $15.

The Monorail to the Magic Kingdom from the TTC was not operating on this day, so I rode the Ferry again.

We actually arrived on that morning before the 9 a.m. opening time.

I was actually able to get some pretty good photos of the Mickey Floral on that morning

I entered the building where they offered pictures with Mickey Mouse, and the nice Cast Member explained the new fastpass procedure. I then found the fastpass Machine, and I obtained a fastpass for my photo experience with Mickey Mouse.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I obtained the Fastpass for my photo with Mickey, I also received a surprise Fastpass for a ride on Dumbo. I figured that the best/fastest way to reach Dumbo was to take the train from Main Street to Fantasyland. So I headed for the Trains.

As you can see, the train was empty at this hour of the morning. That was a good sign.

The New Fantasyland Train Station is stunning. Much more attractive than the old Toontown Station that I remember.

I made my way to the Dumbo ride, and there were very few people there. Looks like my strategy was about to be successful

I got into the Stand By Line, and I was able to immediately ride the ride. I doubt I waited 1/2 of the time of the noted wait time at the front of the attraction.

These are the signs that I encountered as I made my way through the queue.

I love the new signage on the outside of the attraction. Timothy is up on top guiding the way to the riders, as he always did before.

I took a bunch of photos, as I waited for my fastpass time to come. I love the way that one Dumbo ride goes in one direction, and the other one goes the opposite way. There are great views, up there, as you are flying through the air on Dumbo.

I not only got one ride that morning, but I got two, and actually, it still wasn't crowded when I left. SO, if you want to do Dumbo. Do it first thing in the morning.

I then returned back to the nearby train station for a ride back to Town Square and Main Street.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My fastpass was good from 9;45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. The clock in the Main Street Train Station told me that it was now time to get my picture taken with Mickey. These are the photos that were taken during that experience.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I got my hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main Street. The Barber in this photograph with me, is from my home town of Chicago.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That day at Magic Kingdom was not about riding rides. It was about enjoying myself. Enjoying the sights, and the sounds of the Magic Kingdom , and the Magic Kingdom Resorts that I have always loved ever since my very first trip to Disney World back in 1997. I found myself leaving the Magic Kingdom, and boarding the Monorail, and riding it full circle a few times before disembarking at the Grand Floridian Hotel.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love The Grand Floridian Hotel. I know that it is way overpriced, but I really like to visit that hotel, and I did enjoy my 2 night stay back in, I believe 2006.

I got off the Monorail, and decided to have lunch in the Grand Floridian Cafe. I was happy to discover that it wasn't crowded. I had some delicious corn chowder, and a bowl of wonderful pasta with chicken and vegetables. Took a picture of the soup, but not the pasta. I also took a few photos of the restaurant.

I also walked around the hotel, and took many pictures of the grounds. Those are coming up in the next post.

• formerly very helpful

So cool that you got a solo day! You're my kind of traveler!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    So cool that you got a solo day! You're my kind of traveler!
    I have already decided that my next WDW trip will be a totally solo one. Just have to figure out the transportation part from the airport and back. I only did Magical Express one time, and that was way back in 2006. I am sure, if I do my homework, it should work out just fine.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here are the pictures of the Grand Floridian Grounds, that I promised you a few posts back.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I also got off at the Contemporary Hotel, and took a few photos. It was there that I first noticed that the flags were now flying half staff. I was in WDW during the Boston Marathon.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-27-2013 at 07:44 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Nice TR thanks for sharing. I may get to go to Orlando this fall for work. I look forward to checking out the property by myself so I can take it all in.

• New Member Goes Forth

Great trip report, thanks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Thank you for the report. It was fun, look forward to more in the future.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Babs! I wish I had known you were here! I would have driven down to have a cup of coffee with you and finally gotten to meet you in person!

All in all, it looks like you had a special time.

Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I left the Resort Monorail and I returned to Magic Kingdom. I stopped at the Mickey Floral and had my picture taken. I then began a walk down Main Street, although I did take a detour into the shops.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast