Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Slow Down! You Move Too Fast! - A WDW Trip Report by Barbaraann

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    My parents have time share through Wyndham. We've always enjoyed staying at the Wyndham when we could.

Some day I will get out to Florida. Its neat how Main Street looks almost the same in your photos as Disneyland Main Street but then you get the photo of the castle and its totally different.

I look forward to more, especially Harry Potter
    My wife was from Florida, and the first time she saw Sleeping Beauty's castle, her reaction was "That's it?!" Now that I am a resident here in Florida, I see what she means.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Great pictures of IASW. The one here in Florida makes me miss the one in California. The one there is more majestic than the one here. The castle rides here make me feel like I'm more at a carnival or a fair than at the MK. I guess that's because I am so used to the castle rides at DLR with the look of a village somewhere in Europe, having been redesigned back in the early 80's.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

And as I see that THERE IS a topiary of Tinker Bell, at the Butterfly Tent and I missed it both times I went. But I wonder why you two didn't go in there as it is a nice stop and its my favorite part of the whole festival.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    And as I see that THERE IS a topiary of Tinker Bell, at the Butterfly Tent and I missed it both times I went. But I wonder why you two didn't go in there as it is a nice stop and its my favorite part of the whole festival.
    It looked very crowded when we went by there the first time, and I remember saying that we could check it out on the way back. Of course that is never a good idea, because then you forget to do exactly what you say you will do. I can definitely see why people go at Flower and Garden Time, because it was very nice. The weather was beautiful. It only rained one day, coincidentally at the end of our Epcot Day, which might explain our forgetting to go back to the Butterfly Garden.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have tried to do a trip report where I don't compare the two destinations. That being Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. It had been almost 4 years since I set foot in Magic Kingdom, so I really enjoyed myself, and appreciated the park for what it is. It's hard to not compare things inside one's head, but Magic Kingdom is still my favorite of the WDW parks, even if we only did do 2 of the 4 parks on this, my most recent trip.

I plan on returning when Fantasyland really is totally done. Then perhaps I can get a better liking for it. I did go back a 2nd day, and found myself loving the 2 Dumbos, after not really appreciating them the first time that I saw them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    Babs! I wish I had known you were here! I would have driven down to have a cup of coffee with you and finally gotten to meet you in person!

All in all, it looks like you had a special time.

Peace!
    Roo
    I should have sent you a PM before I left on my trip. When I fly solo, and travel alone, I love to meet up with other MiceChatters. I felt on this vacation that I was pulled in too many other directions than my own. Definitely won't happen next time, but that's not until they put the "finishing touches" on Fantasyland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I started on the left side of Main Street taking pictures, and then I crossed over to the right side. I then entered the shops to get out of the sun. I found myself inside by a lot of really great Disney Art, so I began taking pictures. Here is a sampling of what I saw.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A trip to the park, would not be complete without a photo of the Partners Statue, and I took more than one.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Next up are pictures of Cinderella Castle.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

LOVED reading this! I feel like I just went on a little mini-vacation myself! I've done a few solo trips to Disneyland, but I've only been to WDW once, many years ago, with family. We had a good time, but there's so much we missed! (Or that I missed, at least.) I don't recall having much (if any) of that oh-so-necessary leisure time to just enjoy being there, soaking in the smells, the music, the colors, the people. Even now that trip is pretty much a blur. I've always been a little daunted by doing a solo trip to WDW, but this gives me inspiration to just do it! Thanks for sharing this trip, and for always writing such wonderful posts!

(are the topiaries only there during spring time, or are they year-round?)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emwhysee View Post
    LOVED reading this! I feel like I just went on a little mini-vacation myself! I've done a few solo trips to Disneyland, but I've only been to WDW once, many years ago, with family. We had a good time, but there's so much we missed! (Or that I missed, at least.) I don't recall having much (if any) of that oh-so-necessary leisure time to just enjoy being there, soaking in the smells, the music, the colors, the people. Even now that trip is pretty much a blur. I've always been a little daunted by doing a solo trip to WDW, but this gives me inspiration to just do it! Thanks for sharing this trip, and for always writing such wonderful posts!

(are the topiaries only there during spring time, or are they year-round?)

I believe there might be some topiaries sprinkled around the properties at WDW year round, but those that I posted here were special just for the Flower and Garden Festival. It was the first time I ever went to the Flower and Garden Festival. Although I have heard the rave reviews by others in years past. It was a fun day at Epcot, and had I had a longer park ticket, I definitely would/could have easily spent a 2nd day there as well.

Thanks for the nice comments, I do like doing trip reports, when other MiceChatters, such as yourself show appreciation.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The rest of my day was spent taking random photos throughout Fantasyland mostly. I am a bit obsessed with sign photos, and I take a lot of those.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I did not really wish to eat in the Beast Castle Restaurant, but I did take some photos, to get the feel of that area of the park.

• Senior Minion

Amazing TR Miss Barb! I can't decide which pic is my favorite. Love the monorails, love the new Fantasyland. I think I may like that last picture best! Looks like you had a great time!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast