Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Slow Down! You Move Too Fast! - A WDW Trip Report by Barbaraann

I just returned from a week in Florida. I had a wonderful vacation. I went on vacation with my friend Annette, who had only been to Magic Kingdom once before in her life. She had never been to Epcot. She used to live in Florida, so she promised me a trip to the Ocean. We both wanted to see the Harry Potter stuff at Universal as well. Annette did the driving, paid for the car rental, and I provided the Hotel through my timeshare. We each paid for our own food, tickets, souvenirs, etc: It worked out very well.

My grandson ended up sharing the hotel accommodations with us as well. It was a 2 bedroom unit. The Hotel was the Bonnet Creek Resort, which is right smack dab in the middle of Walt Disney World.

I am calling this my:

Slow Down! You Move Too Fast! WDW Trip Report, because these young people were constantly ahead of me. Rarely ever waiting for me, and definitely never allowing me to take the number of photos I wanted to take.

Other than that. No Complaints.

I will be back, and my next post will include some of the 1669 photos that I took during my week in Florida.

• Minion

Re: Slow Down! You Move Too Fast! - A WDW Trip Report by Barbaraann

ORWEN: We're glad to hear you had a good time, Barbarann, duckling. So sorry you weren't able to take more pictures, though.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here we go!

We arrived in Florida at about 6 p.m., and by the time we arrived at the hotel it must have been about 8 p.m. We had a bit of trouble at the car rental. For some reason the keys would not open the car door, and I insisted on a different car. That delayed us a bit. My grandson and his mom were waiting for us when we got there. She had grocery shopped for us, and we were so glad of that fact. Here are some outside photos of the resort.

Annette and I had dinner in the hotel, and we went to bed early. The next day was Saturday, and we would be headed off to the Magic Kingdom.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I had my grandson take this photo before the three of us headed off to Magic Kingdom. My grandson's mom went back to Daytona where she had business to attend to at her late mother's house. The following photos are on the way to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and while we waited for the Ferry across to the Magic Kingdom entrance.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: We're glad to hear you had a good time, Barbarann, duckling. So sorry you weren't able to take more pictures, though.
    I love to take my time on my vacation, and document my steps and what I am doing with pictures on my camera. My fellow travelers did not give me enough time to do that, and it is the only complaint that I have from my vacation. So my trip report will be lacking in many pictures that I most likely would have taken if I had been by myself.

Traveling alone, versus traveling with other people. Benefits both ways. Drawbacks both ways.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

More photos of the trip across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The camera always gets put away while I go through park security, and by the time I took it out again for another photo, we were headed under the entrance tunnel. I make it a tradition to take a picture of the tunnel sign. That photo is followed by photos of a walk down Main Street, where I have another tradition of getting my photo taken under the Main Street clock.

I stopped for a short while to listen to the entertainment that was provided by these singers and dancers.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.

• Minion

Fantastic, as always! Hope you make it back to WDW again soon so you can go at your own pace.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After walking down Main Street, we headed to Adventureland. There we enjoyed the Jungle Cruise Ride, and saw Peter Pan interacting with guests.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My friend Annette had never been on the Pirates Ride. So we did that next.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The next ride that we rode was The Carpets of Aladdin. I really enjoyed this ride, and the view from up there was really cool. It gave us a preview of what our next attraction would be.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-24-2013 at 08:56 AM.

• Minion

ORWEN: Very nice pictures, Barbaraann, duckling. I know what you mean about the drawbacks of traveling with relatives all the time. In my case it's ALWAYS a drawback. Just be glad you don't have a certain nasty old biddy as a sister--like I do--who always insists on stopping every so often along the way so she can sit down and bite her toenails off! Talk about disgusting behavior in public!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Very nice pictures, Barbaraann, duckling. I know what you mean about the drawbacks of traveling with relatives all the time. In my case it's ALWAYS a drawback. Just be glad you don't have a certain nasty old biddy as a sister--like I do--who always insists on stopping every so often along the way so she can sit down and bite her toenails off! Talk about disgusting behavior in public!!!
    You always make me smile, and sometimes I giggle at the funny things you say. I need a good laugh at the moment, and I thank you for that as well.

Coming up are a few photos of Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Annette rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, while I took these pictures. It's one of those rides that I ride sometimes, but I just didn't ride it that day day.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast