Ride Refurbishments

I'm looking at booking a trip for Walt Disney world in September. Either for the 11-18th or 14-21. I have two questions.

1) If you are planning to go for 7-8 days, do you think it's better to arrive mid-week and leave mid-week, or to go from a weekend to a weekend? So far the price differences for vacation package + Airfare (I book the airfare separately and not as part of the package) has been 14$ so price doesn't seem to be a factor.

2) I really, really want to ride Expedition Everest. Last time I went it was about two weeks from it's opening and I'm excited to get to ride it this time. Is there a good place to look to make sure it doesn't have a planned closure for the days I plan to be there? I'll probably change my trip to a time when it's scheduled to be open if it happens to be closed in September, LOL. I tried to find the refurbishment schedule on the Disneyworld web site and couldn't.

Thanks in advanced!

Jen
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Ride Refurbishments

The 11-18th will be the best time to go for you. The crowds will be non-existent. That is the slowest time of the entire year.

Refurbishments will not be posted this far in advance. And even with refurbishments, I would suspect that Everest will be open during that time, unless something unforeseen happens. You'll also get to see the Magic Kingdom decorated for Halloween during that time. There will be a Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom on the 13th and 17th of September while you're there. There is also a distinct possibility of a Limited Time Magic event on Friday the 13th of September.

Looks like you picked a great time to come.

Also, mid-week to mid-week is usually best. The weekends generally just have longer hours in the parks.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: Ride Refurbishments

You also can keep tabs from this website: Disney Rehabs and closings schedule at Disney World, Disney Rehabs

for refurbs!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala