Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: New Parade for Magic Kingdom: Festival of Fantasy

Finally because all the parades are looking so shabby. But the designs are not really impressive. The parade that Disneyland currently has and its still looks bad.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• New Member Goes Forth

That looks great, and hopefully, it is a sign of things to come.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Great news and I just love the artwork for the floats.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Finally because all the parades are looking so shabby. But the designs are not really impressive. The parade that Disneyland currently has and its still looks bad.
    have you seen video from the new Tokyo Disneyland parade? Or even the Hong Kong Disneyland one? Not shabby at all. Hopefully the new parade at Disney World will be just as elegant as those two.

Update: sources on other boards heard that Jammin' Jungle Parade may close in October, leaving the Magic Kingdom the only park with a daytime parade. This, coupled with the recent closure of the Countdown to Fun Parade and rumblings that Celebrate a Dream Come True may end prematurely for storage reasons, may signify that WDW will be without any daytime parades in early 2014.

First I've heard of this. Please don't shoot the messenger and take these with a grain of salt!

IMO, it's a shame. First we lose SpectroMagic, then Countdown to Fun, now we might lose Jammin' Jungle.

EDIT: Oh yeah, apparently Festival of Fantasy's floats wouldn't be able to pass underneath Main Street's Christmas wreaths because they are so tall. Some are speculating that this year may be the last to have the wreaths. I think it's a viable rumor--the Electrical Parade can barely pass through them (the clock tower's top needs to be removed every year so that it's short enough)!
    Last edited by MickeyM; 04-30-2013 at 07:03 PM.

• Creative Director

I could see them not putting up the Christmas wreaths until those last two weeks when they finally show their "Once Upon A Christmastime" Parade for their regular paying day guests.
    Or MK could stop being stingy...and run their Christmas Parade during the Holidays as their main day parade, and put FOF on hiatus...much like how DL does (though we also might lose that, too, to 'private ticketed parties')...thus, their wreaths can go up.

I understand those wreaths are a signature part of Main Street during the Holidays...but I do NOT like the idea that a parade's design should be hindered by a decorative element that only goes up for a month and a half every year.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 04-30-2013 at 11:38 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post

EDIT: Oh yeah, apparently Festival of Fantasy's floats wouldn't be able to pass underneath Main Street's Christmas wreaths because they are so tall. Some are speculating that this year may be the last to have the wreaths. I think it's a viable rumor--the Electrical Parade can barely pass through them (the clock tower's top needs to be removed every year so that it's short enough)!
    That sounds like a recycled rumor. They said the same about Soundsational in Disneyland. Of course during the holidays DL has a holiday parade instead, but not parties to host a special parade, and run a regular parade outside the parties.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• HYDRA

This exciting!! I wonder If they will make a new parade route.....
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Because everything on the the floats is removable, it's more likely that they will pull a few at a time to build around them and then, at the most, be out of commission for a few days to get everything secured.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    That would be something, I sure prefer the front to back path in DL.

But the MK is really not set up to change the path. It's backstage is really between where the current path starts and ends. You can't take parades around the MK like in DLR without going on public roads.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I wish! IMO Magic Kingdom has the ugliest parade route of all of the castle parks. I wish they'd expand the bridge between Fantasy land and tomorrow land and have it pass through there. It would look better. Then MK had the crowding issue with the fact that it doesn't have a simple hub. The bridges and trees are a nightmare during parades and fireworks

• Minion

ORDDU: How would it look any better to have a parade route cutting through Tomorrow Land than having a parade route cutting through Frontierland? I'd say it really wouldn't make any difference. But, then, I see nothing wrong with the current route.
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 05-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: How would it look any better to have a parade route cutting through Tomorrow Land be any better than having a parade route cutting through Frontierland? I'd say it's really wouldn't make any difference. But, then, I see nothing wrong with the current route.
    You're right. It was just my opinion. In my idealized MK that area loses its TL theming and is part of fantasyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    You're right. It was just my opinion. In my idealized MK that area loses its TL theming and is part of fantasyland.

The Jamming in the Jungle Parade rumor is likely to be true. I have been hearing about it for some time now, LONG before Festival of Fantasy was announced. However the exact date of the closure is still up in the air and in a state of constant change. Also it now seems to be more of a hiatus rather then an ending of the parade. They are going to need to re-route and rebuild the staging and storage facilities for the Jamming in the Jungle parade due to Avatar/FoLK related construction projects but after that, Jamming will be back.

As for MK having to stop a day parade because they cannot store three parades.....Back in Oct. 2001 when the snow globe floats were actual new builds, the MK managed to transition from the 25th anniversary (Magical Moments) parade to the new Share a Dream Come True without having to go without a Day parade for 3 or 4 months. In fact in April of 2001, yes earlier that same year, MK also transitioned NIGHT parades from MSEP back to Spectromagic. So in 2001 they transitioned both the night parade and the day parade with no months long period where either was missing.

That said, I am now hearing that Festival of Fantasy will require a new and larger parade storage/maintanence facility to be built, or the the current one will be expanded. Not sure if that rumor, fact or wishful thinking. If an expanded or new parade storage facility is in the works, then like the jamming rumors, maybe MK will go a few months sans a parade. OR maybe MK going without a parade is a rumor born of mixed communication about what is happening at Jamming. Overall, weighting in history of how they have handled this before, I find it unlikely that MK would go a few months without a Day parade.

They may run a shorter parade, like they did when MK had to run Celebrate a Dream on the Move it! Shake it! Celebrated it! route due to bridge construction. IN that case they shorten the parade by omitting a few floats so that it could fit in the Hub and make the turn around back to where it starts on Main Street. I could see them running a shorter parade but I really don't see them omitted an afternoon parade at the MK for a few months. They have had this challenge before and have always found a way to keep the day parades going.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 05-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: How would it look any better to have a parade route cutting through Tomorrow Land than having a parade route cutting through Frontierland? I'd say it really wouldn't make any difference. But, then, I see nothing wrong with the current route.
    Going through Tomorrowland would be a much shorter route and there's no existing way backstage to get the floats back to the start. They'd have to either rebuild the backstage infrastructure on the other side of Main Street or find a way to sneak the floats across when nobody's looking.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast