I just finished watching the latest version of Ultimate Walt Disney World and here were my thoughts:
- Showed of nerdy side in front of my roommates when I told them, "Oh look that guy with the earrings is named Joe" or "Hey that is Tom!"
- Felt kinda weird watching Imagineers hype up Splash Mountain without Tony Baxter. I kept thinking, "What do they know, they did not design the ride!"
- It seemed their coverage of Everest has changed. In their old shows they said, "Hey look at the Yeti!" While the new shows says, "Ignore the Disco Yeti; look the ride goes backwards! BACKWARDS!"
- Joe Rhode still looks as crazy; his moustache seems to be longer.
- Kali River Rapids still has the lame shoehorned environmental message. Besides how many illegal loggers in Asia visit Disney World where they can learn, "logging bad, save trees"? I think Kali's anti logging message should join the safari's poachers in Yesterworld...
- Thought it was weird when they showed clips of Walt Disney's EPCOT Project tapes and then made the assumption, "Current Walt Disney World is what Walt wanted." Uh, Walt wanted to build a city, not more theme parks...
- The Imagineer they had talking about Avatar Land seemed very bored, sort of like he wanted to say, "My boss told me to read this canned script about how awesome Avatar Land is without actually showing you what we are doing..." He seemed very non enthusiastic about the Avatar stuff.
- I thought it was weird when they declared the Dumbo Line's pagers "High Tech." I just thought, "They have had those pagers for years at Olive Garden..." I guess WDI doesn't make it to Olive Garden that much .
- The show made the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train look really cool. Hopefully there will be more dark ride scenes than the short mine segment they previewed.
- The Belle meet and greet might be the coolest meet and great ever.
- Mission Space looks like it should be re-animated, the graphics look like a dated video game from 10 years ago.
- Half the Imagineers interviewed where filmed in Disneyland...
So anybody else watch the show? Thoughts? Am I being a tad cynical on the show?