• Nerd.

What are the annual MiceChat meet ups at WDW?

I *think* I've seen (in the past) posts about meet-ups at WDW, so I was curious if you could tell me about them. Are there any scavenger hunts (gum ball rally) like done at Disneyland? I live 3 hours or so away, so I am not there all that often, but if there were some neat events I would be interested in attending. I know there aren't as many of us on here as on the DL boards, but just curious to see what WE have!

TIA!

• Nerd.

Re: What are the annual MiceChat meet ups at WDW?

I could have sworn their were official MiceChat meet-ups at WDW or events. Am I wrong? LOL

• Shubisha

For a couple of years micechat did an official get together during the Food and Wine festival/Halloween event.
    There have been some years where a group has gotten together on gay days.
    Some smaller attempts have happened, such as when Kevin was doing his "ride every ride in the magic kingdom one week at a time."
    But it's nothing as consistant as the Sunday meet at the hub every week in Disneyland.

I believe the next micechat trip is the Fantasy cruise. I'd wager that a lot of the folks going on that manage to make their way to the parks before or after the cruise.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There's a group on Facebook that has some Mice Chatters (I believe Kevin started the group) on it and they have weekly meets at WDW. Every week they meet at a different park and sometimes not even in the parks... like meeting at Fort Wildreness for the Hoop-Dee-Doo show or whatever.

The Food & Wine meetups still happen. They did the annual Sip & Nibble around World Showcase last year as well as events the day before with a free scavenger hunt Kevin hosted and the "live" show of Communicore Weekly that Jeff & George did that focused on Epcot's 30th as all the events fell during Epcot's 30th anniversary weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There's a group on Facebook that has some Mice Chatters (I believe Kevin started the group) on it and they have weekly meets at WDW. Every week they meet at a different park and sometimes not even in the parks... like meeting at Fort Wildreness for the Hoop-Dee-Doo show or whatever.

The Food & Wine meetups still happen. They did the annual Sip & Nibble around World Showcase last year as well as events the day before with a free scavenger hunt Kevin hosted and the "live" show of Communicore Weekly that Jeff & George did that focused on Epcot's 30th as all the events fell during Epcot's 30th anniversary weekend.
    The weekly Walt Disney group has a facebook page where events are planned.https://www.facebook.com/groups/weeklywdw/

They are a group of locals who enjoy all things disney and welcome visitors and new locals to their weekly outings. You can ask to join the FB page.