Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Disney Announces Avatarland to open in 2017

Yeah, unfortunately they are coming out with another film, but honestly, I can see Avatar being popular due to the fact that it's something "new" and maybe if they use some groundbreaking technology and what not.

However, I'm not looking forward to this at all. I'm still asking myself, Why? When it comes to his land being built. This will never make sense to me, besides the idea of making more money, or pulling more people in.

I have a feeling other Disney fans will be thinking the same in questioning and being confused on why Avatarland is there. It would make more sense if it was at DHS, considering the theme is all over the place already.

EDIT: Going to wait until official announcement before I confirm how many attractions there will be at Avatarland. Will treat rumors as speculation from now on. Apologies, everyone!
    Last edited by MickeyM; 05-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Wow, 4 years for what a lot of sources are saying is one E- ticket, a shop, and a restaurant at opening, with a C-ticket boat ride coming later. Kinda disappointing, IMO.
    What are your sources?

EDIT: Didn't know if sources were truly reliable. Sorry I embarrassed myself. Move along... Thanks for helping me take rumors with a grain of salt, redrhino!
    Last edited by MickeyM; 05-04-2013 at 06:12 PM.

• former CM

And don't forget to fix or replace the long-broken Yeti in this park. That's embarrassing.

Paying outsiders for the right to build Avatar when Disney owns Star Wars is asinine. So over a billion is going to MyMagic+ and hundreds of millions are going into Avatarland.

What if Frank Wells hadn't died? And what if Steve Jobs had been healthier while he was, by far, Disney's largest shareholder? And Roy Disney, Jr.--I miss you too. (
    I was at a CalArts Showcase at your REDCAT Theater tonight.) Why is there seemingly no one currently in the company to tell Iger and Staggs when they're making mistakes?

• Mouseketeer

This sounds like they still haven't nailed anything down for Avatarland. Three years for development, two for construction?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Mostly Harmless.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  63.0 KB
    Just sayin'....
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

•   
    • Minion

Sounds good. I actually am looking forward to seeing what they come up with. World wide this franchise will definitely attract people to DAK. Also two more films are due out that Cameron has been working on. IF the 2017 date is real I would guess Avatar 2 or 3 will be out that year.

As far as trusting in what WdW can produce to match up to USO I have faith to after seeing the attractions that they have been producing lately around the company. After WWoHP there isn't much for me at USO but I enjoy Disney style of them parks to Universal anyways. I appreciate WWoHP because it's based on a franchise I love and was done in a very Disney like way. When I go to Orlando I spend maybe a full day at USO where I spend 8 days plus at WDW. Just my preference I guess.

Im with Biggs. In Feb., I spent 17 days in 2 different hotels on WDW property. Besides the 2 days house hunting, I only spent 1 day at Universal. I had planned on more, but I did what I wanted to do in one day. I enjoyed the day there, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Im looking forward to seeing what they do with Avatar. Ill hold my opinions until AFTER the land is built. I don't like being negative until theres a reason.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Disney always comes out on top, I wouldnt worry =) they will come up with something that will blow anything Universal does out of the water.
    Well this is laughable. They can't even match (much less top) a ride from 1999, but they're suddenly going to blow Universal out of the water?

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Well this is laughable. They can't even match (much less top) a ride from 1999, but they're suddenly going to blow Universal out of the water?
    Blow Universal out of WHAT water? Universal cant hold a candle to Disney. What they are building now, puts them ahead of, oh, lets say, LEGOLAND....lol . But lets get in the real world. If your glorious Universal hadn't made the moves they have with HP, the park would be in serious trouble. Of course, this is just my opinion, a TRUE Disney fan. No offense, JtnOrl, as I truly respect YOUR opinion . Universal has made some great progress, because they needed to. Before HP, they were, at best, a Kings Island.

Seismic mistake if it ever gets built. The recognition/popularity of the underlying intellectual property is nothing compared to IP that Disney actually owns (Star Wars/Marvel) and it has nothing (zip, nada, zero) to do with the themeing of Animal Kingdom. It was a poorly thought out Disney management panic move and should have been left to just quietly fade away with no further action (which was exactly what I thought was going on).

• I'm a Lutheran

Just finished watching the recent Walt Disney World special on Travel Channel. One of the Imagineers featured towards the end of the video talked about how excited they are to be given the chance to bring the unique world of James Cameron's film to life.

I'm not going to judge until I see it.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

The one model of the land that was leaked once showed an extensive berm around the land with a huge mountain range.
    People are dismissing the land before they have seen anything on it but it seems to remind me of how some kept saying that Carsland was a bad choice for DCA. The land that is considered by industry as a huge success

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The one model of the land that was leaked once showed an extensive berm around the land with a huge mountain range.
    Does a mountain range change the theme of Animal Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    People are dismissing the land before they have seen anything on it but it seems to remind me of how some kept saying that Carsland was a bad choice for DCA. The land that is considered by industry as a huge success
    Give Carsland another five years and get back to me. Single property (IP) lands are fool's gold - you need to have longterm (at least a decade) uber-popularity before basing a land on just one property.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast