I've done as much research as I can, but there's only so many pictures and old reviews I can look at before everything starts looking more and more alike. I am doing a quick 3.5 day trip in early October. I've experienced a monorail resort and am excited to try out an Epcot resort this time. Yacht & Beach seem like a great choice for the pool area. Originally, I had decided on the Yacht Club. But I am someone who doesn't like to commit until I understand all there is to know! It seems that the two resorts are basically carbon copies but with a dark wood tone yacht theme versus and pastel fun beach theme.

Any thoughts are appreciated!! But here are some starter questions I have:

-When was the last time either resort has had their rooms updated?

This is my main inquiry! I had a hard time finding info on this. I'm trying to avoid the early '90s musk. Last trip, I stayed in a newly renovated Contemporary Resort room and it was great. Some reviews I've been looking at for Beach & Yacht have mentioned them being out of date in looks and feel. It's just to hard to tell from looking at a picture. They both look fine from pictures, but if I can stay in a room that's been freshened up in the past few years versus the past 10 years, I'd like to know! I'm not trying to be snobby, but I don't want to pay a bunch of money to feel like I'm in that old motel where I don't feel safe not wearing shoes in my room haha

-I'm hoping for a view of Crescent lake. Which resort would give me my best bet at that?

I get the whole "water view" can mean anything from a pool view to a sliver of water when I stretch my head over and around the balcony. But do one of the two resorts have more opportunities at a good water view? I want my chances as high as I can get 'em! And I know you can try and request, but that has never really worked out for me in the past and I'm not that picky about it.

-The pool area is fun and clean, right?!

I've been pretty excited about this part of the resort, but reading so many reviews have started freaking me out about cleanliness. How can they keep a sand bottom pool clean?!

I guess I don't really have any more questions, but I'll update as they come to me. I'd love to hear general statements too about which resort you prefer and WHY!

Thanks so much for any feedback!!