• I like some ideas, not all

0 0%
  • I can care less

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Re: A New Monsters, Inc. Ride Idea

I would miss Catastrophe Canyon, but I agree...either fix the tour (which they certainly could do with extra money--add more special effects demos!) or put something better in its place. They need more quality attractions in the southern half of the park to bring guests away from Sunset Boulevard.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy215
    i think that would be some good space for the next ride though
    Hmm... maybe this is where that rumored Monsters, Inc. could be built...

Anyways, I think if I get rid of the spinning track system in the garbage compactor machine scene, and just have the ride go backwards through that show scene, then stop at a laugh floor, riders are on a vertical lift hill like in the movie to the door room track. This way could probably fix that capacity problem talked about eariler.

Also, Randall is back to take over the company with his scream extractor, but he doesn't believe "laughter" can really provide energy (because he wasn't around to understand that from the movie). Fungus could either be forced to help Randall or exclude him altogether.

Anyway, the part where Randall appears and controls the scream extractor towards you, this will be left of riders. Then to the right of riders, Sulley comes in (maybe through a blanket of steam) and tries to save us. But Randall disappears and starts to attack Sulley in invisible mode. Then riders are sent backwards to safety but end up going through the garbage room...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Talking Re: A New Monsters, Inc. Ride Idea

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I would miss Catastrophe Canyon, but I agree...either fix the tour (which they certainly could do with extra money--add more special effects demos!) or put something better in its place. They need more quality attractions in the southern half of the park to bring guests away from Sunset Boulevard.
    Sadly the canyon is a shell of its former self...its 101 like every other day, when you drive in theres no more element of surprise because it leaks like a sieve..water pouring down from up above and down the side of the canyon..the canyon itself needs to be refurbished with a fresh coat of paint..maybe a new tanker truck since that one is burned to a crisp at the back......its still awesome to see the look on the guests face though when that flood comes down ..they still go nuts that was one of the best parts of being a cm on that attraction

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy215
    its still awesome to see the look on the guests face though when that flood comes down ..they still go nuts
    Yes, people were amazed they can see the backside of water without having to go on the Jungle Cruise! It's an incredible feat to accomplish.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Honestly Monster's Inc. will probably go in the unused Sound/TV bldg., as they hate to have show buildings empty and then build new ones. That is why Superstar Limo was repurposed as Monsters Inc in CA.

Think about it Dreamflight got repurposed into Buzz, and then the CircleVision films at all the worlds Magic Kingdoms got converted into Buzz rides. Stitch and Alien Encounter repurposed the Mission to Mars theater.

So, if they build Monsters Inc in D-MGM it will probably go in there.

• ...TWO BITS!

^Maybe. I wouldn't know if its possible. I've only been to D-MGM once. And I would rather have the Disney parks, if they must, could use the same theme/property, but in different ways so as to not totally clone attractions. It will be more expensive, but it's more creative. Take Indiana Jones in D-MGM and Disneyland for example. Same idea, different execution.

-Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well Eisner originally thought of having a "Young Indiana Jones" show in Adventureland but it evolved into the ride. But the show in FL stayed because the studio theme park needs a "how do they do that" action show. Now that "Lights Motors Action" is here, they might be willing to eliminate the Indiana Jones show at Disney MGM and replace it with something that doesn't require hiring stunt actors.

• Disney Prince

a family inverted coaster eh? sounds cute.

I personally wanna see an Edna Mode talk show ala Turtle Talk at the studios rather than another roller coaster.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I know that the two are more or less now one, but I would prefer to keep stuff where it belongs. In terms of the idea, I love it, and you have a very creative head on your shoulders, FF11, but unfortunately, I would rather something like this be kept out of MGM. I know DCA has Monsters in HPB, but I don't exactly think THAT fits either. Heck, maybe with the merger, we'll get Pixarland as 5th Gate...fun fun fun...

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I know that the two are more or less now one, but I would prefer to keep stuff where it belongs. In terms of the idea, I love it, and you have a very creative head on your shoulders, FF11, but unfortunately, I would rather something like this be kept out of MGM. I know DCA has Monsters in HPB, but I don't exactly think THAT fits either. Heck, maybe with the merger, we'll get Pixarland as 5th Gate...fun fun fun...
    I disagree, I think the characters associated with Pixar thematically work just as well as the classic disney characters and belong to MK more than anywhere else. Just because they are CG does not make them any more different than Mickey or the Dalmatians or Stitch or Tarzan.

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    I disagree, I think the characters associated with Pixar thematically work just as well as the classic disney characters and belong to MK more than anywhere else. Just because they are CG does not make them any more different than Mickey or the Dalmatians or Stitch or Tarzan.
    I probably should have said it explicitly, but that was exactly what I was getting at. I would prefer that animated characters, regardless of how they were animated, be kept to the Magic Kingdom. Unless, of course, they can fit into a park without upsetting the overall theme.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I probably should have said it explicitly, but that was exactly what I was getting at. I would prefer that animated characters, regardless of how they were animated, be kept to the Magic Kingdom. Unless, of course, they can fit into a park without upsetting the overall theme.
    oh ok.

There's a way to fit the Monsters Inc. Characters in the studios though after all, they are "monsters" and they are looking for screams.... you could go two ways with this. either they work in cinema to scare people in masses so they can collect screams for energy. or they can work as a comedy group that steals laughs from audiences for power.

While both of those are great ideas to make Monsters fit, I still don't see how FF11's concept fits...but maybe that's just me.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Uh don't you like seeing Disney characters at EPCOT and DCA?

What about the Stars and Motor Cars at MGM?

Characters should be in every corner of every Disney park.

I know it stings of hypocrisy, but I feel parades are a different matter. I would go as far to say that I don't even necessarily mind seeing characters and character related merchandise, but I don't want to see characters just thrown in there without any real rhyme or reason as to why. I can seem Nemo replacing Living Seas (although it isn't that futuristic), but I am still having trouble seeing Monsters in MGM (or DCA).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast