0 0%
  • I like some ideas, not all

0 0%
  • I can care less

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

A New Monsters, Inc. Ride Idea

I heard a rumor Disney-MGM might get a Monsters, Inc. roller coaster where the Hunchback show used to play. I have a ride idea I'd like to share. I'll try to make this as short as possible. Possible attraction name: Monsters, Inc.: Randall's Rage. Any names and concept I make up can be changed. *Sorry, I forgot to put a voting poll*.

Guests enter the Monsters, Inc. Human Tourist Facility. The queue will be a smaller but similar format used with the Circle Vision theater for DLR's Rocket Rod's. This room is the lobby. Guests are asked to wait here while the tour is getting ready. Video monitors above guests and against the walls (like Circle Vision), run a promo explaining what the company is and what they do (this takes place AFTER the events of the film). One monitor can be like the global map from the film. OR this whole lobby area could be dressed like the lobby from the movie. Along the sides of this circular room will be lines for Single Rider and Fast Pass. The center is Stand-by. At the end of the line, counters are set up with human employees asking for names and distributing Monster World Passports (like in the E.T. ride). In the middle of these counters is Celia taking calls like in the movie.

Guests with passports enter the Monster World door when the red light turns on and doors open. Guests are lead to a pre-show room with Roz. She is now the head of Criminal Detection Agency (CDA). CDA is Monster, Inc.'s secruity team. Since children are found to be non-toxic, there was no need for a Child Detection Agency. Roz gives us a run-down of the company history and what we should expect. Guests will be riding trams run by an over-head track to tour the new Monsters, Inc. Roz also does the standard safety spiel to satisfy lawyers. Once this is complete, riders continue to the load station and hand the employees their passport.

1) Riders take their seats on these Tram vehicles. These will be family inverted roller coasters ( http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures...ayreptar08.htm ). The coaster will probably have 8 riders. I haven't decided/ figured that out yet. First, you ride through the hallways of the company.

2) Second, go "outside" to take a look at Monstropolis (ala Kongfrontation style). You see all kinds of monsters below you. Maybe even driving cars. Make a U-turn back to the factory. In the middle of this U-turn will be a building facade.

3) An intruder alert is set off causing red and yellow siren lights to flash. Riders are told Randall entered the Monster world with us unseen.

4) Riders end up stopping infront of the Scream Extractor from the film. While it's moving towards riders, the track behind switch (ala Mummy's Revenge). The room your in is the basement of the factory (You're actaully inside the facade you made the U-turn in Monstropolis). Fungus is operating the machine from one side while Randall appears on the other. Then on Fungus' side, Sulley comes in and moves the machine away. Randall disappears.

5) While riders go backwards, they are told Randall has entered the tram's control room and sending them to the Garbage Room (like from the film).

6) In this room, guests stop and see all the mechanics moving. The coaster turns 180 degrees (ala Mummy's Revenge).

7) Then they move forward to another hallway where CDA agents are trying to continue overriding Randall's controls.

8) Riders stop at the Laugh Floor and sent vertically up to the track that leads to the Door Room (like from the film).

9) The Door Room will have some doors running on their own track similar to DCA's ride. Here is where all the thrill is.

10) Once this is finished, riders see that Randall has been arrested. The CDA has him in a CDA truck. While Randall makes threats and mumbles, the door closes. On the other side, Roz is shouting out names for roll call from her list to see if everyone is back and okay. When riders exit, they walk through a Human World door that is always open and lit up. And of course you have the standard gift shop and possibly a photo shop.

A concept I had for the "door" effect to be used to go in the preshow would be this: Guests see the Monster World door inside the metal frame infront of them. The door is open towards guests. When it's time to enter the preshow, the doors close and the red light turns on. Now the effect can be done like this:

1) When the door is closed, the "wall" behind it opens like an elevator. The elevator components is disguised as the metal frame around the door. And the door can either open back towards the guests or open away from guests. ALSO, the door fram could be a couple feet away from the wall and using mirrors between the wall and door(ala Roger Rabbit ride), it can look like guests really are walking into the Monster World. AND the door doesn't just have to be single, it could be double doors to allow more guests in the preshow with less time.

So what do you think? I think the end (between the Door Room and Exit) needs a little more work.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-20-2006 at 09:38 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: A New Monsters, Inc. Ride Idea

There is virtually no way that a roller-coaster of almost anysize could fit in that small an area. Plus Disney uses this theater to store the Osborne lights. If MGM gets a new ride anytime soon which I'm not convinced of it will most likely go in the buildings from Drew Carey to the ABC theater. Though I really don't think MGM is in a rush to add anything.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by coaster3001
    There is virtually no way that a roller-coaster of almost anysize could fit in that small an area. Plus Disney uses this theater to store the Osborne lights. If MGM gets a new ride anytime soon which I'm not convinced of it will most likely go in the buildings from Drew Carey to the ABC theater. Though I really don't think MGM is in a rush to add anything.
    Actually, MGM is set to receive the next major E-Ticket...and Streets of America is definitely an ideal location for the next big attraction to help further pull guests away from Sunset Boulevard.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

no more rollercoasters!!!! but I must admit i have lots of ideas for " improving" the studios the place needs work and it would be nice to have a couple of nice quiet rides.

• ROFLCOPTER

A 1920's Steetcar ride would be great, with the "Rodger Rabbit" type vehicles. It would be on Sunset Blvd.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ...TWO BITS!

Ok, well, I just mentioned MGM because that just got me thinking.

But I was asking what you thought of the ride idea. NVM where it where it would be.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Ok, well, I just mentioned MGM because that just got me thinking.

But I was asking what you thought of the ride idea. NVM where it where it would be.
    Well, I, for one, like your idea and the location and anything is possible. While this couldn't fit in the Hunchback theatre, I'm sure they could build a structure for it in the region where that theatre currently is.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    A 1920's Steetcar ride would be great, with the "Rodger Rabbit" type vehicles. It would be on Sunset Blvd.
    Yes, that could fit in the area. It would be cool if they took the Roger Rabbit theme and combined it with the proposed "Manhattan Motor Madness", that was supposed go to Tokyo Disney Sea, and put it there even.

• ...TWO BITS!

Just to let you guys know, I only went to Disney MGM studios once. The Hunchback show was closed by the time I got there. But the show in DLR was amazing. Basically what I want to say is I'm not too familar with the size of this area. I remember reading somewhere that indeed the Osbourne Lights are stored here. And that a San Franisco facade has been set up here, too.

-Jurassic Park

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=17&X=2225&Y=15682&W=3&qs=%7c lake+buena+vista%7cfl%7c

It's basically the southern most building at MGM...not too large and I'm not sure what the structure to the south of it is, that seems to bound the entire southeast edge of MGM, or how LMX affected this area.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Actually, MGM is set to receive the next major E-Ticket...and Streets of America is definitely an ideal location for the next big attraction to help further pull guests away from Sunset Boulevard.
    I just don't see where on streets of America would work. Between backstage MGM and the area Hunchback was there is not very much room. From there u have very little room elsewhere. I'm not saying it's impossible just improbable. I think if MGM gets a new attraction anywhere it will be in where Drew Carey and The ABC Theater are right now.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster3001
    I just don't see where on streets of America would work. Between backstage MGM and the area Hunchback was there is not very much room. From there u have very little room elsewhere. I'm not saying it's impossible just improbable. I think if MGM gets a new attraction anywhere it will be in where Drew Carey and The ABC Theater are right now.
    or the parking lot...they really chose a bad location for MGM. Unlike the other parks, expansion is tough in MGM's area...I remember when there were discussions about expanding across the street...I think the more obvious choice would be to move the parking lot across the street, a quick tram ride away, and then they would have the whole parking lot area for expansion--plenty of room!
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

As much as it kills me to say because i used to work there...i think an obvious and easy choice would be to axe the backlot tour ..at least the shuttles portion and just re instate the backstage pass..which i hear they might do w/ pirates 2 coming out anyways....it would free up a ton of space just getting rid of catastrophe canyon alone..plus theres all sorts of trailers and that you can get rid of that they dont use anymore...plenty of backstage area that are virtually useless...my vote is to bring the indiana jones ride to MGM ..but yea all the traffic is by coaster and tower...and i HATE lma..probably because i had to spiel over it...but it would bring more people to check out lma too ...yea i think thats a good space for the next E ticket for the studios...not that i have any great love for the drew carey Sounds Dangerous attraction....but the booths that you can go in afterwards (or if you skip it all together) are pretty good honestly...i like the idea of showing how important sound is in movies/tv...i say you gut that and use the space from that and abc tv for another ride

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I agree with everything you said. What's lma, though?

USH's Studio Tram Tour is much better than Disney-MGM's. I was quite disappointed with Disney's version. Although the Catastrophe canyon was the highlight...

The Drew Carey show you just sit in the dark most of the time and ne amazed with what they can do with sound... Something better could be done.

As for Indiana Jones ride, it's better than Dinosaur. But I like the Indy stunt show. Plus Disney is using the same property, but in different manners for different parks. That's what I like. Not a clone, just using the same property.

-Jurassic Park

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Yea the MGM version of the backot tour wasn't as good..well i mean unless you got my spiel then it was phenomenal jk really though i think that would be some good space for the next ride though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast