I heard a rumor Disney-MGM might get a Monsters, Inc. roller coaster where the Hunchback show used to play. I have a ride idea I'd like to share. I'll try to make this as short as possible. Possible attraction name: Monsters, Inc.: Randall's Rage. Any names and concept I make up can be changed. *Sorry, I forgot to put a voting poll*.
Guests enter the Monsters, Inc. Human Tourist Facility. The queue will be a smaller but similar format used with the Circle Vision theater for DLR's Rocket Rod's. This room is the lobby. Guests are asked to wait here while the tour is getting ready. Video monitors above guests and against the walls (like Circle Vision), run a promo explaining what the company is and what they do (this takes place AFTER the events of the film). One monitor can be like the global map from the film. OR this whole lobby area could be dressed like the lobby from the movie. Along the sides of this circular room will be lines for Single Rider and Fast Pass. The center is Stand-by. At the end of the line, counters are set up with human employees asking for names and distributing Monster World Passports (like in the E.T. ride). In the middle of these counters is Celia taking calls like in the movie.
Guests with passports enter the Monster World door when the red light turns on and doors open. Guests are lead to a pre-show room with Roz. She is now the head of Criminal Detection Agency (CDA). CDA is Monster, Inc.'s secruity team. Since children are found to be non-toxic, there was no need for a Child Detection Agency. Roz gives us a run-down of the company history and what we should expect. Guests will be riding trams run by an over-head track to tour the new Monsters, Inc. Roz also does the standard safety spiel to satisfy lawyers. Once this is complete, riders continue to the load station and hand the employees their passport.
1) Riders take their seats on these Tram vehicles. These will be family inverted roller coasters ( http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures...ayreptar08.htm ). The coaster will probably have 8 riders. I haven't decided/ figured that out yet. First, you ride through the hallways of the company.
2) Second, go "outside" to take a look at Monstropolis (ala Kongfrontation style). You see all kinds of monsters below you. Maybe even driving cars. Make a U-turn back to the factory. In the middle of this U-turn will be a building facade.
3) An intruder alert is set off causing red and yellow siren lights to flash. Riders are told Randall entered the Monster world with us unseen.
4) Riders end up stopping infront of the Scream Extractor from the film. While it's moving towards riders, the track behind switch (ala Mummy's Revenge). The room your in is the basement of the factory (You're actaully inside the facade you made the U-turn in Monstropolis). Fungus is operating the machine from one side while Randall appears on the other. Then on Fungus' side, Sulley comes in and moves the machine away. Randall disappears.
5) While riders go backwards, they are told Randall has entered the tram's control room and sending them to the Garbage Room (like from the film).
6) In this room, guests stop and see all the mechanics moving. The coaster turns 180 degrees (ala Mummy's Revenge).
7) Then they move forward to another hallway where CDA agents are trying to continue overriding Randall's controls.
8) Riders stop at the Laugh Floor and sent vertically up to the track that leads to the Door Room (like from the film).
9) The Door Room will have some doors running on their own track similar to DCA's ride. Here is where all the thrill is.
10) Once this is finished, riders see that Randall has been arrested. The CDA has him in a CDA truck. While Randall makes threats and mumbles, the door closes. On the other side, Roz is shouting out names for roll call from her list to see if everyone is back and okay. When riders exit, they walk through a Human World door that is always open and lit up. And of course you have the standard gift shop and possibly a photo shop.
A concept I had for the "door" effect to be used to go in the preshow would be this: Guests see the Monster World door inside the metal frame infront of them. The door is open towards guests. When it's time to enter the preshow, the doors close and the red light turns on. Now the effect can be done like this:
1) When the door is closed, the "wall" behind it opens like an elevator. The elevator components is disguised as the metal frame around the door. And the door can either open back towards the guests or open away from guests. ALSO, the door fram could be a couple feet away from the wall and using mirrors between the wall and door(ala Roger Rabbit ride), it can look like guests really are walking into the Monster World. AND the door doesn't just have to be single, it could be double doors to allow more guests in the preshow with less time.
So what do you think? I think the end (between the Door Room and Exit) needs a little more work.